You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
amade

Update 0.6.3 Balance & Visibility Changes Feedback

18 comments in this topic

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Lots of rebalancing happened and stealth firing on open water is now removed. Share your thoughts about them in this thread!

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

its a sad day for gremy owners.

Why? Because I can't stealth butcher BBs anymore after sinking all enemy DDs?

Guess I'll just stealth torp instead then... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

38 posts
2,775 battles

i hate the update, concealment expert and concealment system mod1 is useless now :sceptic::sceptic:

so sad for a german user like me :sceptic:, they should atleast give free "redistributed points" :izmena:

4 posts
3,527 battles

IMO....

IJN DD are now back to being torp boats....

especially the second line DD that supposedly specialized on guns., which the ship themselves are as slow as cruisers....

before you guys says use smoke before firing.

remember now that we're in the meta that Smoke ARE damn torp magnets and any ships with torps WILL torp it as soon as they're able to.

and since Shiratsuyu and Akizuki are slow as hell for DD... they're are harder to go dark from line of sight even without AFT on their set up.

5 posts
4,292 battles

IMO....

especially the second line DD that supposedly specialized on guns., which the ship themselves are as slow as cruisers....

remember now that we're in the meta that Smoke ARE damn torp magnets and any ships with torps WILL torp it as soon as they're able to.

and since Shiratsuyu and Akizuki are slow as hell for DD... they're are harder to go dark from line of sight even without AFT on their set up.

DD should be immune from this stealth balance as they now face cv spotting, radar, sonar when they go for cap, only crusier that stealth fire and heavy influenced by providing HE spa to BB like zao should get stealth balanced.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

IMO....

DD should be immune from this stealth balance as they now face cv spotting, radar, sonar when they go for cap, only crusier that stealth fire and heavy influenced by providing HE spa to BB like zao should get stealth balanced.

Im not suprised if DD players becomes passive. Cause in some certain DDs i can get the range up to 12km++ but who wants to be spotted from 12km++ with Radar and laser guns and 2.05 Sigma from cruisers now
Edited by Safiuddin97

28 posts
4,589 battles

Heres an idea for the dd players, learn how to play rather than relying on just hiding in the shadows and stealth burning ships to death.

Now you know how all of the non stealth firing players feel.

But we didnt whinge we adapted, so time for you to do the same.

64 posts
3,175 battles

Haven't felt massive effects playing the Akizuki, but I never played it to SF with anyway. CA's are definitely a smidgen more lethal, I can't loiter around in plain sight with as much ease as before. I'm yet to try the other DD's in the docks but have noticed people trying out max torp builds to varying effectivenesses.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,263 battles

DDs really need to be excluded from this.

Fragile

Low damage output from guns

Faced with sonar and radar

Plus WASD hacks make it nearly impossible to hit stuff in torpedoes.

[-SZY-]
211 posts

DDs really need to be excluded from this.

Fragile

Low damage output from guns

Faced with sonar and radar

Plus WASD hacks make it nearly impossible to hit stuff in torpedoes.

DD got good manueverbility and small profile to weave shells 

The guns dmg is small but adds up after you shoot for quite some time + fires

Get into better positioning to run from radar, or block yourself from enemies line of sight

Torps are easy to hit unless they are IJN, game even give you prediction line to assist torpedo aiming

Edited by Fairuh