Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dieselhead

Fore and Aft seperate gun control

11 comments in this topic

344 posts
7,061 battles

Thoughts on BB being able to separately control the aiming of the fore and aft guns? Maybe have a toggle to turn this feature on or off. I think it would add a new element to BB game play, especially to the higher tier BB where it takes so long to swing your guns 180 degrees.

1,386 posts
8,230 battles

Not practical.

It may work for AB-XY or AB-X or A-XY layout ships, but for

ABX ship like in-game Izumo or Nelson in the future

AB ships like Dunkerque

A-PQ-XY ships like Kaiser

A-P-Q-X ships of the Russian Empire

AB-Q-XY ships like NY of König

And other wierd/unconventional/obsolete layout

It won't work.

344 posts
7,061 battles

Why shouldnt the conventional layout ships have it though? Also you can position your ship anyway you like but it wont help you if you have enemy ships on both sides.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Why shouldnt the conventional layout ships have it though? Also you can position your ship anyway you like but it wont help you if you have enemy ships on both sides.

Nah...if you got enemy ships on both sides, you'll be dead in less than a minute anyway so use all your guns to sink at least one side is better, no?

318 posts
6,863 battles

Picking your path trajectory and fight is paramount.

As the Good Captain said "use all your guns to sink at least one side is better". Angle against the ship that has the potential to do the most damage and attack the weaker ship. Unless your getting smashed by 4 ships.... then you have a problem. :ohmy:

344 posts
7,061 battles

Picking your path trajectory and fight is paramount.

As the Good Captain said "use all your guns to sink at least one side is better". Angle against the ship that has the potential to do the most damage and attack the weaker ship. Unless your getting smashed by 4 ships.... then you have a problem. :ohmy:

I agree with what youre saying, I just thought it might add a little something different or extra to higher tier BB play.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

I agree with what youre saying, I just thought it might add a little something different or extra to higher tier BB play.

Why you need to add something so useless that nobody even care? Some BBs only have 1 aft turret (NC, Iowa, Yamato), what can one turret do?

Why would they want something that they never gonna use or even care if it exist?

Super Tester
7,542 posts
7,978 battles

If you find yourself in a situation where you need to shoot both sides, you know you are already screwed up in most cases. However, you can still micromanage and manipulate your turret rotation to face fore and aft turrets to different targets by continuously moving your mouse which is really unpleasant. Turret locking on bearing could be implemented, but I think that won't be practical either cause in most cases player may find it rather tedious.

460 posts
8,302 battles

You can fire on a different target with your rear guns if you want to, just you have to wait for the turrets to traverse back and forth as you shift your aim from target to target. If you shift your aim during a reload and ensure that the guns don't have to turn too much it's quite doable with minimal waiting time.

It's not terribly useful except when you're angling and firing your forward guns at something and the rear guns have no way of getting on target. I just fire the aft guns during the reload of the forward ones using the reload times to traverse the guns back and forth. There has to be a target in the firing arc of the rear guns that doesn't require traversing them too far from where they are. BBs with faster turret rotations are better at it obviously.

I think a control to select which turret group you're using is possible (like weapon grouping in the mech warrior series) as long as turrets you're not using don't attempt to traverse to target. It might be a bit clunky to learn how to use, and it's probably not useful most of the time when you're trying to fire full broadsides.

Sign in to follow this