You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
derpcargoship

You will be missed, Zuiho

21 comments in this topic

25 posts
3,686 battles

So, patch 0.6.3 will remove manual drops for T4 and T5 carriers tomorrow morning.

I'm saddened, because manual drops were bread and butter for carriers. I do however respect the changes, as Zuiho was really strong for her tier. After the patch is released, I doubt I will be playing her at all, which is quite disheartening. (Time to play ASS Bogue) Well, but I will remember those fun times, when the flat-deck ruled them all...

Y7VqwIP.png

You will be missed, Zuiho. Time for your last few cruises...

- A sad Zuiho fan

[BRU]
279 posts
2,079 battles

(Time to play ASS Bogue)

Lemme tell you, not even playing AS Bogue will make things better for you.

Though a Strike Bogue  might, if you can handle having no fighters at all (or worse, stock flight control Bogue). USN torp bombers got a buff in terms of approach distance when automatically releasing torps.

Edited by EJL

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

This change is quite dumb for someone who had atleast played moba or rpg before. Now low tier will be boring as hell since it is all about a right click fest noob said.

The change is good for no brainers, but it hurt them alot more once they have to compete with ryujo 311 and good old Indo from veterans who will smash them to smitherines since they dont see alt usage 2 tiers earlier

1,487 posts

Well, I am happy, no more manual drops, my imperator Nikolai will be able to sail a lot longer, & do even more damage... Yay

Also the other BB will be able to breathe, like Wyoming, Myogi, Sth Carolina etc

No more just farming credits on us because of easy pickings..

:child:

Ordrazz

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,490 battles

no more AS bogue's farming clear skies then...I'm a very average IJN cv driver - even more average than my regular ships averageness ;)

Only reason  I have a CV is for CV specific missions. BUt even when I came up agianst an AS Bogue well, crap happens. Didn't upset me that much. I really feel like this is a solution to problem that does not exist, I  have just unlocked the Ryujo and  only feel 1/2 confident now doing manual drops. I pity a new CV driver that grinds through to T6 and then wonders how those fighters are able to magically erase all his planes in one pass.

I don't see this doing the CV population any favours. But like Ordazz said, my Nikolai ++ happy with this!

435 posts
6,169 battles

Well, I am happy, no more manual drops, my imperator Nikolai will be able to sail a lot longer, & do even more damage... Yay

Also the other BB will be able to breathe, like Wyoming, Myogi, Sth Carolina etc

No more just farming credits on us because of easy pickings..

:child:

Ordrazz

Dumping down the game is totally the wrong approach.

For these tiers and cruisers it would be far better for the game to have more AA upgrades options, AA hull options and more low level captains AA options. Much better to learn AA teamwork in these tiers than to ignore AA teamwork in higher tiers.

In the days when there were jets AA teamwork was a must.

But WG agrees with you Ordrazz and your play style and this player’s type market. :(

Edited by BuckleUpBones

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,856 battles

Time to club test out the new 15.7 km range in SoCal now that there are no manual dropping to get in the way. :red_button:

Hope the new player don't ask too much about the square brackets in front of my IGN.  :hiding:

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

1,487 posts

Dumping down the game is totally the wrong approach.

For these tiers and cruisers it would be far better for the game to have more AA upgrades options, AA hull options and more low level captains AA options. Much better to learn AA teamwork in these tiers than to ignore AA teamwork in higher tiers.

In the days when there were jets AA teamwork was a must.

But WG agrees with you Ordrazz and your play style and this player’s type market. :(

Your theory would possibly work, if.....

1. Everyone knew how to play the game.

2. Everyone wasn't still in the learning curve at these tiers.

3. Everyone actually knew the roles of their ships, & what part they should play in battle.

4. People didn't have a tendency to YOLO at the first opportunity.

5. Everyone didn't form a lemming train at the first opportunity.

6. People actually looked at the mini map to see where the enemy may be headed & what ships.

7. There were many ships in the game that HAD any meaningful AA.

8. People all spoke the same language.

Because these conditions are not usually filled,  we in our ships just have to blast everyone we see  do the best we can.

I don't  know if you have BB at this tier or not, but if you did, esp if you had a Nikolai or Myogi, you could appreciate how frustrating it would be,  to try & have a good game, when along comes a higher CV player, singling you out in a whole ocean of ships, & doing a cross drop on you, because he knows your an easy target..  those CV players are only seal clubbing themselves, they are not interested in helping their team by attacking strategic targets, they are only helping themselves to do easy kills... 

This balances out the game fairer for everyone, so we all have a chance of living more than 1 minute.... CV is still deadly anyway...

& I've never dumped down on the game...

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

435 posts
6,169 battles

1. Everyone knew how to play the game.

2. Everyone wasn't still in the learning curve at these tiers.

3. Everyone actually knew the roles of their ships, & what part they should play in battle.

4. People didn't have a tendency to YOLO at the first opportunity.

5. Everyone didn't form a lemming train at the first opportunity.

6. People actually looked at the mini map to see where the enemy may be headed & what ships.

7. There were many ships in the game that HAD any meaningful AA.

8. People all spoke the same language.

Grey matter, enthusiasts and diversification is what I beehive will maintain this game longevity (and revenue), shoot them up clicker mentality and ^dumbing down the game to WOT level will not (^very bad spelling mistake in previous post by me).

Shoot them up clicker players are usually fly-by-nighter players always looking for the next hot game. WOWS isn’t a game played by millions of clickers and therefore WOWS should maintain a realism influence to suit its nesh market. Realism characteristics and interests is the way I view this game and its player base buzz.

1-7 if good AA was available and needed players would use it in these levels and AA teamwork would be prevalent, and it was. In the good old days with treacherous CVs and with 4 of them, players did offer AA to those who needed it, AA teamwork did evolved in these tiers.

8 You underestimate your peers.

From game launch to mid-2016 AA builds was an option for cruisers but WG direction thereafter has caused AA builds to be ineffective, as an option. The result is the demise of AA teamwork and the rise of CV seal clubbers (and other things) now through a concession of nerf and buffs WG has to do more nerf and buffs to fix previous nerf and buffs :teethhappy:, which AA was never a problem in the first place.

Most recently I’ve play the Ishizuchi, a ship without AA, so I try to sail with AA supporting ships but it’s useless because they don’t have effective AA anyway, in the old days cruisers would have sail with me (battleships), see how the meta is changing (generalizing of cause). I beehive it would be far better to have AA options for supporting ships promoting teamwork rather than removal of squadron manual drops to promote shoot them up meta, battleship meta, as an aspect. Can you see how the game balance is slowly tipping.

Removing squadron manual drop is just dumb, as I’ve put it, ”Dumbing Down the Game”.

Edited by BuckleUpBones

294 posts
2,997 battles

Did they disable strafing as well? It seems I can't do it on my Zuiho anymore. If so I might lose my fear of Bogues and actually start playing my carrier in PVP mode. Life is hard for non-AS Zuiho players.

[BRU]
279 posts
2,079 battles

Did they disable strafing as well? It seems I can't do it on my Zuiho anymore. If so I might lose my fear of Bogues and actually start playing my carrier in PVP mode. Life is hard for non-AS Zuiho players.

*re-buys the Bogue* :trollface:

Relief for new players from seal-clubbers who were using the Zuiho with high skill captains.

This is just one of the reasons why manual drop for T4-5 CVs was removed.

I'm fine with that, but it would've been better if a new player buying a tier 6 CV will be given a tutorial on how to do manual drops.

Or at least, manual drop for T4-5 CVs were only disabled on PvP games. Having it enabled on PvE or training room (if you have access to that) would at least give newer CV players chance to practice how to do manual drops. :tea_cap:

Edited by EJL

25 posts
3,686 battles

Lack of strafing actually hurts Zuiho more than Bogue. Because the only 2 ways for a Zuiho fighter to realistically win against a Bogue fighter, was to strafe the Bogue fighter (which was not easy, but possible), or to engage the fighter over a Cleveland or similar. However, good Bogue players don't follow your planes too far, rendering the second method almost unusable if matched up with them.

So, without strafing, I can only wish the best to Zuiho captains when they matched up against an AS Bogue who knows his business.

The strategy left is to probably just try to do as much damage as you can before you lose all your planes, although without manual drop, have fun doing that too...

Well, at least dedicated Zuiho/Bogue players might move up to Tiers 6 or higher, so we might see more carriers at higher tiers. Might.

Have a good day all.

- a resigned Zuiho player

[BRU]
279 posts
2,079 battles

EJL pls... cry-face-james-van-der-beek1.jpg

DO

NOT

FARM

CLEAR

SKY

/

PLS

!

!

!

Was just kidding. I'm happier now with the faster, more strike potential of Independence.

Ha! How I wish I was able to get a lot of "Clear Sky" when I was in Bogue. Being in a US CV doesn't guarantee you a Clear Sky every game. :hiding:

Though it'll be easier for Langley and AS Bogue players now to get that...if they know what they're doing.