You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HeavyK_OZ

Teir 8 Matchmaker... WTF

25 comments in this topic

3 posts
7,123 battles

Hey Guys.

Is it just me or is it every time i take a T8 ship out of port i am matched into T10 games. I don't just mean once in a while, EVERY single game, with easily 8 out of the 12 players on each team being T10. I would think that with the population we have online when i usually play being roughly 13K there would be more than enough players to have T8 play against tthe same tier. I would be happier to see 1 tier up or down difference, as facing T10 in T8 is getting beyond a joke.

Thoughts??

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles

Hey Guys.

Is it just me or is it every time i take a T8 ship out of port i am matched into T10 games. I don't just mean once in a while, EVERY single game, with easily 8 out of the 12 players on each team being T10. I would think that with the population we have online when i usually play being roughly 13K there would be more than enough players to have T8 play against tthe same tier. I would be happier to see 1 tier up or down difference, as facing T10 in T8 is getting beyond a joke.

Thoughts??

this happens because so many unicums grind free/captain XP/credits in T10 now, before prem camo for T10 came out, ppl had a hard time queueing for T10, now it's T10 spam fest

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,339 battles

Hey Guys.

Thoughts??

MM just hate you, that's all :trollface:

when playing NO, I usually get varied MM from T6 to T10

but when I play NC, it's vs T10 all the way 

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,850 battles

MM just hate you, that's all :trollface:

when playing NO, I usually get varied MM from T6 to T10

but when I play NC, it's vs T10 all the way 

To be fair though, you are better off in T10 as NC than Iowa. 920m turn radius + raised citadel is a guaranteed multi-cit death in Iowa once you decided to turn.

On a side note, I would rather see buffs to less-than-T10 permanent camo. The benefits are so pitiful compared to T10s while "not much" cheaper.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,003 battles

Welcome to my world in the Accursed Hipper in over 80% of my games I am bottom tier in those fun T8-10 MM games. In all my other T8's I at least get a decent amount of T6-8 MM games to keep my spirits up but no the Hipper where it is soon coming to the point where i just Free XP the floating piece of junk that i consider the Hipper.

Salty captain signing off :angry:

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,339 battles

the constant T10 with mogami and NO make me stop playing them

it's horrible with that crap range

If not for flamu's advertise of how great DM is, I wouldn't have bothered even playing the NO. I've even went up with the DD just to find the range to shoot someone. most of time people just camp at the back. but then again, why bother going up when you have long range right?!

To be fair though, you are better off in T10 as NC than Iowa. 920m turn radius + raised citadel is a guaranteed multi-cit death in Iowa once you decided to turn.

On a side note, I would rather see buffs to less-than-T10 permanent camo. The benefits are so pitiful compared to T10s while "not much" cheaper.

that's not what I really need to hear while I'm grinding the NC to get the Iowa right now.

Edited by blacknoheart

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles

If not for flamu's advertise of how great DM is, I wouldn't have bothered even playing the NO. I've even went up with the DD just to find the range to shoot someone. most of time people just camp at the back. but then again, why bother going up when you have long range right?!

Camping at the back at what range dictates how effective you are. If you camp at 14-17 km you are a threat to other BB , 10-14 km and you are a big threat to CA/CL , below that you are extremely vulnerable.Camping too far away and you will have abysmal hit rate even with railguns and shots that hit into strong armor parts.

If you want to be effective , learn to adjust engagement range and not just sit 20km away trying for that 1 in a 100 lol shot.

Many abuse the long range to stay safe , but their contribution will be moot if they are not actively taking part in a so called "Fleet in being". By being presence near the scene your ship will intimidate others into retreating , especially on this server. It is rather common for something like 2 CA+ BB refuse to push because of a single DD holding it or 4-5 ships refusing to advance because of a Mino holding choke point

980 posts
12,617 battles

As a tier 8 ship in a tier 10 match, I think you get more XP if you contribute to damage to enemy ships higher than tier 8. 

Nail those tier 10 DDs like you normally do, but if you're going to lose anyway just light the nearest yamato on fire so it won't be such a pitiful loss for an XP and possibly credits' perspective. 

783 posts
4,808 battles

Most T8s are at least sufficiently powerful enough to actually face T10s so it isn't all bad. That and take it as a opportunity since the higher tier, higher rewards, making the grind "faster".

As for population, it's mainly due to the high number of T10 players now due to natural progression and the existence of perma-camo that T8s get pulled to T10 much more often than before. That said, MM still has the algorithm that you don't get bottom tiered 4 times in a row. And I myself have been playing T8s quite a lot (Benson and NC), and MM is quite fair in getting me top tier or bottom tier in a match.

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

You get more xp when you are bottom tier in a T10 match.  Plus T10 ships have a lot of HP so you get plenty of credits too.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,550 battles

i also know damaging ships higher tier give more xp and credit but i have to hit them

when both side wana camp i have no idea what i can do anymore, hangout chill with them do nothing or go forward and get slaughtered

if get into teams that plays the game its fine, they move i move i have no issue with supporting but master-campers all around this is frustrating

1,105 posts

You get more xp when you are bottom tier in a T10 match.  Plus T10 ships have a lot of HP so you get plenty of credits too.

DAT BULLSHEET! for XP yes, but no for Credit! [shokaku] i did get 130K damage and sunk IOWA and 1 DD, STILL GET MINUS CREDIT!

i deal 60K damage BUT GET SUNK! GOT 138K credit LOOOOL.....

my conclusion is, taking potential damage is giving you more credit..... 

in tier 10, damage deal are STRONKKK.... of course it mean more potential damage, give more credit!

tier 3 >> LOL againts Zuiho

tier 5 >> bottom tier for medium tier

tier 8 >> bottom tier for high tier

tier 4,7, and 10 will give you more seal clubbing

Edited by Skarhabek

783 posts
4,808 battles

DAT BULLSHEET! for XP yes, but no for Credit! [shokaku] i did get 130K damage and sunk IOWA and 1 DD, STILL GET MINUS CREDIT!

i deal 60K damage BUT GET SUNK! GOT 138K credit LOOOOL.....

my conclusion is, taking potential damage is giving you more credit..... 

in tier 10, damage deal are STRONKKK.... of course it mean more potential damage, give more credit!

tier 3 >> LOL againts Zuiho

tier 5 >> bottom tier for medium tier

tier 8 >> bottom tier for high tier

tier 4,7, and 10 will give you more seal clubbing

First off, confirmation bias. CVs don't get as much from tanking as well so that's a wrong assumption.

Higher Tier = Higher Rewards

Both in credits and in EXP for the same amount of contribution for the team. At least generally. You're talking about CV economy at this point.

Besides, you don't see silver ships in T5 attaining credit gains of silver ships of say T10s when both have a great game. That's because of the rewards the tier gives.

1,105 posts

First off, confirmation bias. CVs don't get as much from tanking as well so that's a wrong assumption.

then WG should fix the bug please. it always happen btw, when i got destroyed and lose the credit higher.... when winning or losing without receiving damage, obviously minus credit.

and there is another CV bug, cannt move the ship or plane in minimap, strafing speed become slower.... or when to command plane to move, THE SHIP MOVING THERE TOO!

also clickin on minimap resulting in "attention to blabla"

rage quit CV and play BB, win rate got destroyed...

783 posts
4,808 battles

then WG should fix the bug please. it always happen btw, when i got destroyed and lose the credit higher.... when winning or losing without receiving damage, obviously minus credit.

and there is another CV bug, cannt move the ship or plane in minimap, strafing speed become slower.... or when to command plane to move, THE SHIP MOVING THERE TOO!

also clickin on minimap resulting in "attention to blabla"

rage quit CV and play BB, win rate got destroyed...

I keep saying that you're just having confirmation bias since it's not like that.

And the latter part of your complaints don't have anything to do with rewards, it's up for the CV rework.

You're not tracking which ships you did destroy during those battles, their tier and their influence on your rewards scheme.

307 posts
6,410 battles

yep 5 games in a row i was in my Benson ..... All T10 games, pee shooter guns did no damage at all and with theTorps that cannot reach a ship with radar sucks Bigtime.   I also had 4 of these games with 1 extra T8 on my team.   T10's reaping heaps of experience every game .... T8's are all at the bottom of the pile.   Very frustrating..... i think i wont be playing my T8 until weekends now.  Unicorn players only play T10 to keep others from reaching it.   I am a stubborn person i should have stopped after 2 games.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,550 battles

yep 5 games in a row i was in my Benson ..... All T10 games, pee shooter guns did no damage at all and with theTorps that cannot reach a ship with radar sucks Bigtime.   I also had 4 of these games with 1 extra T8 on my team.   T10's reaping heaps of experience every game .... T8's are all at the bottom of the pile.   Very frustrating..... i think i wont be playing my T8 until weekends now.  Unicorn players only play T10 to keep others from reaching it.   I am a stubborn person i should have stopped after 2 games.

try that with a 8 points capt ognevoi with only range upgrade in a T10 match..now this is hard

success tonight with NO, cit des moist 4 times..burn some bb and i didnt get sunked..great success to me even the match is mediocre

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,339 battles

try that with a 8 points capt ognevoi with only range upgrade in a T10 match..now this is hard

success tonight with NO, cit des moist 4 times..burn some bb and i didnt get sunked..great success to me even the match is mediocre

to myself: patience, patience, patience, just 150k more, you can do it :ohmy:

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Unicorn players only play T10 to keep others from reaching it.   I am a stubborn person i should have stopped after 2 games.

Really? How about no.  T10 is great for farming wins, but not everyone plays to "keep others from reaching T10" or "just to win".  Also, the Benson is a ship which is tier for tier the best T8 DD, which can farm lots of xp in T10s.  Being bottom tier against T10 is not as bad as T7 against T9, or T6 against T8, given the way the tiers work.

307 posts
6,410 battles

Really? How about no.  T10 is great for farming wins, but not everyone plays to "keep others from reaching T10" or "just to win".  Also, the Benson is a ship which is tier for tier the best T8 DD, which can farm lots of xp in T10s.  Being bottom tier against T10 is not as bad as T7 against T9, or T6 against T8, given the way the tiers work.

Did 120k Damage with my Benson, last night in T10 game,  including 79k against T10 BB.   Did not sink it and he stayed in the game till the end, once again another loss and we had more T8 than the other team.   Where did i finish in that game 4th .... so the Benson needs to do alot more damage to win a T10 game .... as these ships can take alot more torps and have alot more tools to avoid these torps as well.