You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
InterconKW

One Year of Warships

15 comments in this topic

341 posts
4,182 battles

So I just realised... Today marks exactly one year since the first day I touched this great game.

March 26, 2016. Feels like a long time now. Back when I was just a casual player who watched some videos and decided to try it out. I thought I absolutely was owning... In Co-op mode.

With no prior experience in any game like this, my first Random Battles were rather rough. I went through the entire potato stage. 40% WR, mediocre damage. I grounded in front of enemies. I accidentally sank an allied Umikaze with torpedoes. I went broadside to Kongos at 5km and wondered why I went boom. It went like this for a rather long time. Sometimes something great happened, but those times were few and far between.

The Kuma and Furutaka grinds were a transition period for me. I discovered WarshipsToday and my awful stats, actively watched videos about game mechanics and began doing all I could to play well. I probably struggled the hardest during this period.

I also began actively attempting to beat the missions and challenges, quickly earning a Hiei in... 2 weeks. I diversified my playstyle to get experience in all classes, and have improved overall ever since. I also got involved in the forums.

I probably had the most fun over the end of last year. Hunting the Graf Spee and completing the Christmas Convoys, ARP and Southern Dragon missions all were great fun, and I also got to play ships of all classes and nations.

Now, I've gotten my cruiser playstyle into shape and am working on grinding to Tier 10 for the first time, a goal for the end of the year. Myoko recently became my first cruiser to have stats that are safely over the average on WarshipsToday, something I'm definitely proud of. 

Today, I honestly didn't play much, just 6 battles, but I'm doing my first real high tier grind with the Mogami. The initial battles were bad, and performance was overall thus mediocre, but after having a great final battle with two kills and almost 80k damage with a stock ship, I think I'm getting somewhere now. I also had the luck to meet some fellow forumers in battle. Improvement is still an uphill climb, but I'm definitely enjoying it.

So here's to many more games. More amazing, or at least funny moments, more wonderful teamwork, and inevitably more salt at potatoes or my own mistakes. But it's all been great fun. 

Onwards! :)

[MEGA]
4,670 posts
17,970 battles

So I just realised... Today marks exactly one year since the first day I touched this great game.

March 26, 2016. Feels like a long time now. Back when I was just a casual player who watched some videos and decided to try it out. I thought I absolutely was owning... In Co-op mode.

With no prior experience in any game like this, my first Random Battles were rather rough. I went through the entire potato stage. 40% WR, mediocre damage. I grounded in front of enemies. I accidentally sank an allied Umikaze with torpedoes. I went broadside to Kongos at 5km and wondered why I went boom. It went like this for a rather long time. Sometimes something great happened, but those times were few and far between.

The Kuma and Furutaka grinds were a transition period for me. I discovered WarshipsToday and my awful stats, actively watched videos about game mechanics and began doing all I could to play well. I probably struggled the hardest during this period.

I also began actively attempting to beat the missions and challenges, quickly earning a Hiei in... 2 weeks. I diversified my playstyle to get experience in all classes, and have improved overall ever since. I also got involved in the forums.

I probably had the most fun over the end of last year. Hunting the Graf Spee and completing the Christmas Convoys, ARP and Southern Dragon missions all were great fun, and I also got to play ships of all classes and nations.

Now, I've gotten my cruiser playstyle into shape and am working on grinding to Tier 10 for the first time, a goal for the end of the year. Myoko recently became my first cruiser to have stats that are safely over the average on WarshipsToday, something I'm definitely proud of. 

Today, I honestly didn't play much, just 6 battles, but I'm doing my first real high tier grind with the Mogami. The initial battles were bad, and performance was overall thus mediocre, but after having a great final battle with two kills and almost 80k damage with a stock ship, I think I'm getting somewhere now. I also had the luck to meet some fellow forumers in battle. Improvement is still an uphill climb, but I'm definitely enjoying it.

So here's to many more games. More amazing, or at least funny moments, more wonderful teamwork, and inevitably more salt at potatoes or my own mistakes. But it's all been great fun. 

Onwards! :)

welp, too bad we lost that one

1,391 posts
9,107 battles

Wow what a coincidence, I started playing exactly one ago myself!

Initially I didn't play WoWS that much as I was heavily invested in WoT, just a few games of coop here and there. Then I found out WoWS was offering the ARP Hiei as part of the collab, so being an anime fan I decided to give it a shot. The first few Random games were brutal, but I found that I actually like this kind of gameplay. I had never played a naval combat game before barring NavyField which is quite different from WoWS. Eventually I got my Hiei, and that point forward started to play WoWS a lot more.

I hope I will continue to have as much fun, if not even more, with WoWS for the next year forward! :)

341 posts
4,182 battles

Ahh you didnt join Project R?  Wait when was the project R again? All i remember was the hard grinding for kamikaze R (Free shipfu) <3

I would have really wanted to do that, but I joined too late.

I do think I've sunk your Kamikaze though, with a Myoko on Haven. :P

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,952 battles

Ahh you didnt join Project R?  Wait when was the project R again? All i remember was the hard grinding for kamikaze R (Free shipfu) <3

Well only I remember is missed keyboard......

697 posts
7,541 battles

I remember when I play for the fist time. I'm try to talking to enemy bot... =w='a

Me too :P 

And I never realised when did I switch to random battle. It's like "holy why enemy become so hard to defeat?"

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

December 2015

Me too :P 

And I never realised when did I switch to random battle. It's like "holy why enemy become so hard to defeat?"

HAHAHAHAHAHA

At least you didn't have to suffer the 1st ARP Kongo & Myoko missions...

lucky him!

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

When you write a reflection about your year of gaming as if you're writing a reflection about your first year in high school XD (hey shows your passion for this game :P

I had a period of time when I was like: damn I'm so gud I'm a pro and I kick ***. *checks stats* :ohmy::facepalm::facepalm: and now I'm trying to git gud XD

good to see more positive posts in the forums :D

556 posts
8,197 battles

When you write a reflection about your year of gaming as if you're writing a reflection about your first year in high school XD (hey shows your passion for this game :P

I had a period of time when I was like: damn I'm so gud I'm a pro and I kick ***. *checks stats* :ohmy::facepalm::facepalm: and now I'm trying to git gud XD

good to see more positive posts in the forums :D

I'm easy when it comes to writing a school reflection.

I don't choose not to remember school.