You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Nython

Magical torpedo: U can't C me !

4 comments in this topic

3 posts
4,607 battles

I was driving T-22 with my friends last night. In the end of the game, I tried to chase enemy Langley,

and she used her TB to attack me. It seems that only one torpedo was launched. But i was totally wrong...

When I believed that i had dodged the torpedo successfully, suddenly, i got a hit from another "magical torpedo"

here is the video

[AUSNZ]
60 posts
12,002 battles

That my friend is a 'desync' google it and you will understand.  your client is out of sync with the game.

3 posts
4,607 battles

That my friend is a 'desync' google it and you will understand.  your client is out of sync with the game.

Well, "desync" is also my friend. And I have to say that the situation in this video is not its business. 
Firstly, my teammate playing kamikaze R in the same round sank a few minutes earlier, and then he started to observe me playing T-22.
He didn't see that "magical torpedo" and felt weird when i got a hit. Moreover, I didn't active the replay function in WoWs, the RP file was provided by my teammate.
The video recorded the "replay of the RP file" provided by "my teammate". Both my teammate and  I couldn't see that "magical torpedo"

Secondly, I saw the RP in several viewpoints. The "magical torpedo" should be launched to the island. There are some indications in the video: 1) the detected torpedo moved from the edge of the island, and the "magical torpedo" should be on the right side of the detected torpedo.
But the right side of detected torpdeo is island 2) you can trace back the path of the "magical torpedo" in the video, it's island again
As a result, I consider that the "magical torpedo" was launched to the island and should be no effect. 
But it seems that not only the torpedo was still working but also became invisible.
                                                                    B15bKwH.jpg

qdQMGRp.jpg

Edited by Nython

2,259 posts
14,003 battles

I expect you actually got hit by the torpedo you can see. edit. I now realize that can't be the case because you see the torpedo keep going

Watching other players often provides a very distorted view. I have seen full salvos go right through a broadside battleship indicating that a spectators view is not the same as a players view.

Edited by keskparane