You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Loshirai14

Stealth Firing Fail

18 comments in this topic

345 posts
3,608 battles

A few months ago

"Stealth firing doesn't make sense. It should be removed"

Right now

"It doesn't make sense to remove stealth firing, It should stay"

It's funny. 

If you're the one using it, it's fine. If you're on the receiving end, it's unfair.

A really funny world we are in.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,355 battles

Stealth fire really doesnt make sense and should never have been employed in the first place

but now that it has been the lifeblood of DD and CLs alike, it'll be hard to live wihout it

I have been on the recieving end of invisifire too many time and I hate it as much as I hate CV

I for one am trully glad that invisifire is being remove

But I also play DD and CL that rely on stealthfire and will say that the game will be more passive

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

And when you remove stealthfiring without properly compensating DDs with something else, you're indirectly buffing BBs.

After stealthfiring is removed, DDs will be better off with stock fire control module, since having the upgraded FCM completely screws them over as the increased range also increases their detectability from the open angle when trying to fire behind terrain.

LOs9YPe.png

Expect more DD players to play more passively, since they have more to lose by using their guns. There is now more risk to engage in a close range knifefight with an enemy DD, since they either have to have a good exit strategy with nearby terrain, or pray that the 7 ships detecting them all have their salvos miss until the detection bloom time finally ends.

Edited by benlisquare

1,124 posts

if you can't play without stealth firing .... mean your play it wrong....

I watch some youtube on PTS of gunboat play without stealth firing,

it's seem very more dynamic than stay at range and pew pew

being detected when firing a main gun is very very very very normal, and should be on every player mindset.

Edited by PGM991

66 posts
9,624 battles

Removing stealth firing isn't the real problem.... its increasing the detection range way beyond the current gun ranges, and saying they are "buffing" DD"s by giving a gun range increase to match is whats silly.

All they had to do was increase detection bloom to current gun ranges, most people would of been OK with it... but to massively increase bloom so now every DD has the same problem as the German DD's is really puzzling. The number 1 complaint about German DD's is being spotted from the moon every time you fire... so lets not fix that, no, lets make EVERY DD the same as that instead. WTF.

203 posts
11,788 battles

Well don't whine when some DDs begin to not fight for objective after the change I believe some will use this as a reason not to contest any objectives.

Expect more VMF DD gameplay (or should I say typical Cruisers gameplay?) across other nations DD thanks to range increased "Buff".

What does this "change" do ? Encourage more smoke camping, more island camping and more kiting.

Worth it ? Yeah whatever.

Edited by MikuChrome

341 posts
3,994 battles

One of my previous concerns was related to gun detection bloom time more than just stealth firing... I'm a BB and CA main but I have played DDs up to Tier 6. When the concealment sticks at say 13km, greater than it currently does, and stays that way for 20 seconds, any smart team can do massive damage to the little DD in the extra time, more so than before as more people will be detecting it. I've been on both ends, and it can be nasty. Just my opinion from experience. 

Edited by InterconKW

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,355 battles

When it Changes people will either adapt to it or whinge.  Devs have said its a bad game mechanic. 

knowing most players, I think whine will be more popular choice :trollface:

326 posts
10,505 battles

Thank goodness I'm more on playing USN & VMF  DD's line , more to fun & engaging.

Hunting DDs while playing DDs. People don't wanna cap, I cap my own. :trollface:

I have to admit, I also hate stealth firing especially when playing BB or Cruiser.

459 posts
8,266 battles

I'm all for stealth firing removal

Because I am sick of shit like this

With that being said, WarGaming can probably reduce DD bloom time down to maybe 10-12 seconds. That's compensation right there

I totally agree, stealth firing does need to go, and the bloom time is too long for a DD

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,355 battles

This could possibly the reason for me to (finally) start playing KMS DD

WoWS: TAP Insider News (27-III-2017)

The top brass was thinking about re-selling Gremyaschy since it is no longer “special”, save for long torpedo range and 1% more fire chance compared to Soviet DDs. I would take it as an early April Fools, until they officially say that on Q&As or portal.

:coin:

Edited by blacknoheart