Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ordrazz

Does selecting a premium ship REALLY change the Match Making

does selecting a premium ship REALLY effect how the MM puts you in a match ?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. do you think that if you select a premium ship, it will effect the way the MM puts you in a match ?

• Yes, it does alter how the MM selects each team & tier match
    • No, I don't think it changes how the MM selects each team & tier match
    • I don't know.

18 comments in this topic

1,498 posts

Greetings all

I want to know the answer to this assumption, & I cannot find this question when I searched in the forum....

Does the selection of a premium ship, alter the way the MM puts you in a match ?

Other players tell me yes, & more other players tell me no.

Often, when I select one of my premiums to play, my div mates go off at me when we get into battle, & they say that I have dragged them up 1 or 2 tiers, because I selected premium...

I dispute this, as many times when I play a regular ship in the same tiers, I get the same MM anyway..

Now I know if I or a team mate selects a DD or CV then there is a possibility of being dragged up, even if ithe DD or CV is the same tier, but I have yet to prove the same when using a premium ship.

The reason I say this, is because whether I select premium or not, there are still premiums in the match I go into.... So my guess would be no, it doesn't alter the MM selection process like a DD or CV .

I put this here to maybe find an answer or opinion about this, as I am getting tired of being blamed for dragging my division up when I use my premium ships.

Over to you, my esteemed comrades.   :honoring:

Ordrazz

520 posts
11,127 battles

Tier 7 has the Best MM... expect to be on top most of the time.

Tier 5 - 6 has the worst because you get kicked up 2 tiers most of the time

This goes for premium and non premiums.  So it is best to Divy up within the same tier, except Tiers 9 and 10 which you are either Middle or on top mostly

EG:  Tier 6 with other Tier 6... etc

1,105 posts

The premium ship dont effect the tier of the ship, BUT THE DIVISION DOES. MM is CRUEL with division... IMAGINE FUSO AGAINTS YAMATO! < because pesky division system. DD will give you lower tier enemy CA, but BB will give you HIGHER tier enemy CA. so carefull with division like:

BB tier 5 6 8

CA/DD any tier

btw, Premium ship make your MM with premium TEAM TOO! not working when there is the same premium ship type like schanorst vs schahornt

this is somewhat annoying. enemy have Belfast, Lo yang, and Tirpitz.... while my team none premium.

in tier 7 this is mostly happened (pesky saipan got most premium ship team), that is why its win rate re so high

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

Tier 7 has the Best MM... expect to be on top most of the time.

Tier 5 - 6 has the worst because you get kicked up 2 tiers most of the time

This goes for premium and non premiums.  So it is best to Divy up within the same tier, except Tiers 9 and 10 which you are either Middle or on top mostly

EG:  Tier 6 with other Tier 6... etc

Its why the +/-1 MM up to tier 4 is broken in that regards, Tier 5 and 6 ships get up tiered so often and rarely see lower tiers. Its frustrating for those players who have to cope with higher tier meta.

But to answer Ordazz no, premium ships IMHO dont affect the MM. I use lots of my premmies and they are as often top tier as not.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,059 battles

I think before the recent MM changes the Yubari had a special MM modifier so that it couldn't see T6 ships, only T3-5. They did this as it wasn't able to compete in a T6 game, I think there might have been a couple of ships that had MM modifiers like this as well.

1,356 posts
8,888 battles

I could be wrong but I don't think it has any effect. I know some premium vehicles have preferential MM in WoT but afaik this doesn't happen in WoWS.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,448 battles

I could be wrong but I don't think it has any effect. I know some premium vehicles have preferential MM in WoT but afaik this doesn't happen in WoWS.

never heard of preferential MM in wows before

and I heard they are trying to remove all vehicle that have preferential MM in WOT anyway

415 posts
10,918 battles

I voted No ... MM is borked no-matter what ship you choose since they made it +/-1 for low Tiers .... surely we have enough players now to make it +/-1 for all tiers

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Let's see. My tier 8 Tirpitz with my tier 8 BB division, we normally see tier 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, +/-2 MM rule.

My tier 7 Scharnhorst with my tier 8 BB division, we normally see tier 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, +/-2 MM rule.

Nope, no such thing. 

Edited by Mingfang47

1,498 posts

The premium ship dont effect the tier of the ship, BUT THE DIVISION DOES. MM is CRUEL with division... IMAGINE FUSO AGAINTS YAMATO! < because pesky division system. DD will give you lower tier enemy CA, but BB will give you HIGHER tier enemy CA. so carefull with division like:

BB tier 5 6 8

CA/DD any tier

btw, Premium ship make your MM with premium TEAM TOO! not working when there is the same premium ship type like schanorst vs schahornt

this is somewhat annoying. enemy have Belfast, Lo yang, and Tirpitz.... while my team none premium.

in tier 7 this is mostly happened (pesky saipan got most premium ship team), that is why its win rate re so high

Hmmmm, this is an interesting concept, if I understand it properly..

Are you saying that me as div commander chooses BB , then will it be higher tier cruisers, & if I choose DD (which is rare because I only have 2) then it will give me same or lower tier cruisers?  But how do you explain that if someone in my div selects DD or CV, then it becomes a high possibility that we get dragged up 2 tiers?

What happens if I select cruiser/

Does the MM select a match based on what the div commander chooses, or any ship in the div?

I ask this because when I play solo, I am very good & win games more than loose, but if I'm in a div, the usual outcome is that we all have a horrible run with lots of losses, & stupid team mates...

Are the lemmings chosen at random too?

It would be nice if the MM selects the match based on the average damage per match a player does, then all of the potatoes can puddle around with each other, instead of being stupid in good games...

Ordrazz

63 posts
1,554 battles

I read a post by someone with a tier 8 ship talking about getting dropped into tier 10 matches more regularly than not.

When solo I'm usually OK, +1 tier at most (my stats aren't great, so what?) BUT get into even a two-man Div and suddenly our Emeralds always seem "see" tier 7 matches and it's not unusual to be the only sixes in a predominately tier 8 Random.

Then there's the perceived "issue" of rank distribution. 

If there was ever a sense of feeling like being set up for seal-clubbing by high-rankers by MM, this is where you feel it too.

Said match where we were two of the only three tier sixes in an otherwise all tier 8 match not one of the ranked players on the opposition (winning) team had a tier 6, all ranks were 10 bar one, who was rank 1, whilst our best rank was a 13 and everyone else was a lower rank spread out to 17 or 18. This has been like this since the new patch came out which sort of coincided with the end of Ranked Battles, not that I'm saying the two are related but can't understand why there's this appreciable jump in out-tiered matches and the subsequent hit I've taken in WR as a result.

I dunno, maybe it's my turn to get screwed by MM's perceived back-handedness but to be constantly improving then suddenly sucking when all seems to be unbalanced, it's not a great deal of fun...

Edited by Captain_Fathom

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
327 posts

Might as well ask does drawing a black magic portal under my computer desk with all types of animal blood affects my MM in WoWs.

Only thing that might alters MM are divs (any type, fail or not) I suppose?

Video Contributor
2,267 posts
10,789 battles

let's see Kaga maybe the first warship limit MM or not

plane tier 6 in tier 9 room.....

Edited by Onlinegamer

Sign in to follow this