You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KirstieBeau

Bismarck: Full Secondary build still worth it?

Module choice for your German BB Tier 8+  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2nd module do you use on your Bismarck, FDG, GK?

• Secondary Battery Range
    • Aiming Systems Modification

42 comments in this topic

173 posts
5,332 battles

I have spec my Bismarck full secondary build.

Modules = Aux Arms Mod + Sec Battery Mod.

Capt. Skills = AFT + Manual Sec.

However since camping is so prevalent in high tiers, I rarely get to within range to use my secondaries. You see, I often push to support my DD in capping but the problem is whenever the enemy team sees me in close proximity to a cap point closing in on them, they always tend to flee and kite. Good for our team but not good for me because fleeing enemies means lower damage output for me because German dispersion at range. So I was thinking to re-spec my Bismarck to use the Aiming System module instead of the Secondary Battery Range module to basically bump up my average damage on this ship. Is it worth it?

I also have included a poll regarding this. Please help me make a wiser decision. Thanks.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

bismarck with manual secondaries build is a perfect ship for any German ribbon mission. just go coop and park in the center cap. let the secondaries get u 150 ribbon each match :D

Beta Tester
48 posts
18,381 battles

By your leading comments you are a team player supporting your dd's which is what wins games often (and what a Bismarck is very good at) I suspect you wouldn't much enjoy the sit back sniping game, try it without altering your ship.

In my opinion the mod's for the sniping game don't help that much choosing a reticle that works well for you is the most important part of being a sniper.

See which style you enjoy more and then go with the build that suits that style it is after all a game that you are meant to enjoy

173 posts
5,332 battles

By your leading comments you are a team player supporting your dd's which is what wins games often (and what a Bismarck is very good at) I suspect you wouldn't much enjoy the sit back sniping game, try it without altering your ship.

In my opinion the mod's for the sniping game don't help that much choosing a reticle that works well for you is the most important part of being a sniper.

See which style you enjoy more and then go with the build that suits that style it is after all a game that you are meant to enjoy

Yep. Unfortunately the game doesn't reward teamplay that much. That one game I supported a DD in a cap. Tashkent capping while I myself was 2 km behind him while an FDG and a GK at the back sniping. The enemy Zao and Montana started to flee and kited me at about 16 km away. Because of dispersion (and bad aim I suppose because I'm not good at hitting enemies running away from me) I only managed 27k damage on that game with  overpens on the Zao when I do hit, but tanked 3 mil potential damage before I got sunk. Still I was third last on the scoreboard because of my dismal damage output. :(  That GK and FDG at the back and use me as meat shield fare better. (Maybe because they farmed more damage than I do) So that explains my frustration with regards to trying to buff my damage output in that kind of scenarios.

173 posts
5,332 battles

bismarck with manual secondaries build is a perfect ship for any German ribbon mission. just go coop and park in the center cap. let the secondaries get u 150 ribbon each match :D

10km dead zone for DD :playing:

Oh yes secondary build is a must for this ship. Always push, it's not a sniper 

Full secondary on bismarck

for me half build for FDG and kurfurst (8.6km without aft)

Overwhelming support for my current build. Looks like I would just stay with full secondaries and get good at aiming. :teethhappy:

1,494 posts

Yes, stay secondary build for sure, it scares DDs away & also punishes any other ship coming close.... Long range in bismarck/tirpitz not altogether accurate anyway, they are brawling ships, so get in there, get nasty & fire up those secondaries.

:izmena:

Ordrazz

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

About exp, well sometimes try to think of this way please:

There will be a match where you get a good exp for grinding.

There will be a match(s) you do to farm credits (lower tier perhaps)

But the most fun is when you can do something important that helps the team to outsmart the enemy and won the game.

Example, a dd that constantly smoke to cover ally bb and spotting might not be the top 3 on exp list. Bit without the things she done that match, the team is mostlikely wont be able to won that match.

This gave different pleasure than being in the top exp.

So your tanking damage might not rewarded by the game, but you already earn your self a good pat in your back because you did something that help the team achive the victory.

And personally i will really love to have your kind of play on my team.

And sadly, i need to kill u ASAP if u on the Red Team. :P

Edited by XP_On

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,052 battles

I use the full secondary build on my Bismarck as the gameplay at T8 allows you to close in without suffering massive damage but in my Kurfurst I don't consider it worth it and I specced for Fire prevention and Tankiness.

173 posts
5,332 battles

And personally i will really love to have your kind of play on my team.

And sadly, i need to kill u ASAP if u on the Red Team. :P

:teethhappy:  It's because I'm a destroyer captain and I know how it feels being a tiny ship who gets no support from the heavies.

I use the full secondary build on my Bismarck as the gameplay at T8 allows you to close in without suffering massive damage but in my Kurfurst I don't consider it worth it and I specced for Fire prevention and Tankiness.

It's ok as the Bismarck will be my finish line for the German BB line. I may change my mind when I do get my second 15pt German commander though.

Yes.

Now go out there & rekt those poor peasant with ur secondaries, while farming ribbons & credits. 

Will do...:izmena::medal::coin:

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Yeah.... I know what you feel on capping alone and tye rest of the team lemming toward other cap or even camp behind

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Yep.If your secondary damage is LESS than your main gun damage you are playing it wrong!

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Yep.If your secondary damage is LESS than your main gun damage you are playing it wrong!

Lol

[LBAS]
4,489 posts
25,673 battles

my case is: 3 DDs(Lenin, Mahan, Akatsuki) in 1 cap zone and I move my Bis closer to cap zone and turn all turrets to that side:playing:, 15s later they run away ...(no need to tell what next :teethhappy:)

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,052 battles

With the Gniesenau/Scharnhorst I prefer to go for manual AA as you get far more CV's at T7 and I don't get into secondary range all that often.

683 posts
7,358 battles

Is it safe to say Gnisenau/sharnhorst can be configured like a Bismark? Im new to german BBs and i intend to get to tier 8 aswell.

Gneisenau and scharnhorst secondaries are not as good as Bismarck secondaries. First is the range, second is the not that many to have similar effect as Bismarck secondaries at respective maximum secondary range.

I heard IFHE is not worth for Bismarck, but I never try it.