Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

How much EXP does shooting down a plane give you?

12 comments in this topic

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Just had an awesome game in my Chapayev, was a team of 7 people, ended quickly and got lots of EXP.

I did do some damage but not much, did go cap but was with a DD, and I got 2.5k base exp. I wonder if it was because I shoot down 15 planes?

1,105 posts

Just had an awesome game in my Chapayev, was a team of 7 people, ended quickly and got lots of EXP.

I did do some damage but not much, did go cap but was with a DD, and I got 2.5k base exp. I wonder if it was because I shoot down 15 planes?

how about spot damage? shooting plane give you more xp in surface ship, but not that much. i remember DEALING 0 Damage in CV (pesky saipan), shoot 17 plane.... but get base 1200XP, WEIRD.... there is 5 DD on each team, and i am constantly spot them.... my spot damage is 70K lol

btw,..... most of the team got 1400 base xp, so yeah i am in the top 3 from bottom

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

how about spot damage? shooting plane give you more xp in surface ship, but not that much. i remember DEALING 0 Damage in CV (pesky saipan), shoot 17 plane.... but get base 1200XP, WEIRD.... there is 5 DD on each team, and i am constantly spot them.... my spot damage is 70K lol

btw,..... most of the team got 1400 base xp, so yeah i am in the top 3 from bottom

There was mu division mate's Kagero so I didn't get much spotting.

423 posts

The XP reward for shooting down planes is based on the amount of planes that a CV has or is in the game.

If you shoot down 20 planes from a Hosho, it's about the same amount of xp if you do 20 k damage out of 24 k health. (I don't remember the health of a Hosho, but using that number as an example.)

If you shoot down all 24 planes from the Hosho, you get the same amount of xp if you do 24 k damage out of 24 k health. 

That's how it works.  Can't remember if it was in a patch note (5 something if it is) or a DEV answer from one forum or another. 

Hope that helps. 

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

If you got a decent amount of the cap,then that would have helped a lot.

The economy changes last year award:

capping ( full cap,no points for partially capping then leaving it or losing it due to enemy fire)

defending cap

blocking cap (  just learned this from a Dev interview,although its not shown,this is when you and an enemy are in cap)

potential damage you receive

spotting damage

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,856 battles

The XP reward for shooting down planes is based on the amount of planes that a CV has or is in the game.

If you shoot down 20 planes from a Hosho, it's about the same amount of xp if you do 20 k damage out of 24 k health. (I don't remember the health of a Hosho, but using that number as an example.)

If you shoot down all 24 planes from the Hosho, you get the same amount of xp if you do 24 k damage out of 24 k health. 

That's how it works.  Can't remember if it was in a patch note (5 something if it is) or a DEV answer from one forum or another. 

Hope that helps. 

So toying around with CV so that all the planes are shot down before sinking it will net more exp? Well, that's worth a try.

1,486 posts

Can someone please tell me what this spotting damage is ???? 

I have done 173,000 odd spotting damage but I don't know what it is or how I did it, with what?

I see no spots, so I don't know how to damage them :amazed:

Ordrazz

1,340 posts
8,832 battles

Spotting damage is the damage done to enemy ships as a result of you spotting them for your team.

So 173,000 spotting damage means that your team did 173,000 damage to enemy ships which were spotted by you.

423 posts

So toying around with CV so that all the planes are shot down before sinking it will net more exp? Well, that's worth a try.

Correct. If I remember correctly, when they adjusted the economy, they made it so xp and credit wise, the total of planes from a cv is equal to the same xp and credit to the ship hull.  So if you shoot down all the planes and then the ship hull, you get the xp and credit of 2 cv, not 1. 

783 posts
4,810 battles

For plane EXP:

Plane tier is a factor, higher tier, more EXP.

Also, killing the plane itself depending on what ship you're in is also a factor. Killing one plane in a surface ship is worth way more than killing one plane in a CV. So killing 15 planes in your chappy is kind of like killing 30 planes in a CV at the same match more or less.

Then of course, there's also the case that the "some" damage you did may have been all against enemy DDs, making it quite a haul in terms of EXP.

Lastly, it's also the case that you said it's a team of 7.

From what I experience anecdotally, incomplete MM usually scales up the EXP racking. So say, you kill one ship in a 7v7, then it's closely equivalent to killing 1.5 ships in a 12v12.

Sign in to follow this