You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xxes

Do you care about your ranking (stats)?

12 comments in this topic

4 posts
1,304 battles

I am not saying you do not have to care about your stats, but I am saying that "live and let live". Nobody is compel to do what the others expect from you. The term noob should not apply anywhere or in any circumstances, much less to anyone. After all, this is a game that has different battle types, so choose your type and play. There are always wise guys around naming players as 'noobs', when they themselves were noobs once. Even worst, they call noobs in the Co-op Battle scenario, Isn't that a bit idiotic? What are they doing there in the first place? Even, after battles they come back saying or judging according to the stats and messaging just to say they have checked your stats? Do they have nothing else better to do in their lives? If you care about your rank, then logically play Rank  or Random or Team battles. If I chose to stay in Co-op, that is my business, nobody else's, and those players that think are the best by calling us noobs, they better get a life c'se at the end as I said, this is just a game, and is not your life (well for me at least).

What do you think about this?

Just comments.

1,105 posts

i am the super potato, my damage on CA is average 15K, on BB 19K.... YES I CAREABOUTMYSTAT.

then i watch Drifter, after that i realize i should play CV....

why CV?

- free AIMBOT

- attack from anywhere! the last ship to be sunk!

- low accuracy in main gun? a few torpedo hits will rekt everything

- the team will listen to your command most of the time (like a boss)

+ full of seal clubber in lower tier (will be gone soon in 0.6.3)

+ MOST LAG, that board game is actually more use of CPU usage (view everything)

+ i cannt ram..... SO HARD... try to ram DD.... FAIL MOST OF THE TIME (pesky secondaries)

+ Saipan ARE OP, OP, OP its hell againts saipan...

i am still potato btw, BUT THE PLANE DID THEIR JOB! like a boss

you are noob? PLAY CV! REVENGE to unicum!!!

feel the awesomeness!

[note : dont play USN CV, except buying saipan]

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

just keep playing on the tier you love using the ship you most comfortable with.

a rank 1 player can make a mistake also....

350 posts

I am not saying you do not have to care about your stats, but I am saying that "live and let live". Nobody is compel to do what the others expect from you. The term noob should not apply anywhere or in any circumstances, much less to anyone. After all, this is a game that has different battle types, so choose your type and play. There are always wise guys around naming players as 'noobs', when they themselves were noobs once. Even worst, they call noobs in the Co-op Battle scenario, Isn't that a bit idiotic? What are they doing there in the first place? Even, after battles they come back saying or judging according to the stats and messaging just to say they have checked your stats? Do they have nothing else better to do in their lives? If you care about your rank, then logically play Rank  or Random or Team battles. If I chose to stay in Co-op, that is my business, nobody else's, and those players that think are the best by calling us noobs, they better get a life c'se at the end as I said, this is just a game, and is not your life (well for me at least).

Just comments.

In addition to what XP said, I've been playing co-op for a while now and I still see players up to rank 5 in the bottom five of the team standings after being sunk by a bot with me being one of the top five (and I'm still rank 20 officially). There were also times when other lower ranked players end up getting the higher exp gain by just playing better in that particular game as even a rank 22 player could do better than a rank 15. This may be true in PVP as well.

In conclusion, ranks don't matter (this is also the name of one of the clans in a MMOFPS I played about two years before I played WoWs, by the way).

P.S. I only care for my stats marginally as they are a guide if I am improving or not and nothing else. As for rank, my target is only Ranked 15 and nothing else.

440 posts
3,379 battles

Just comments.

well said, i use my stats just to see if i've improved or not in my play. To this day i'm still surprised people in low tiers will still go "noob team", like what did you expect from low tiers? filled with sealclubbers and unicums and no new players?

2,221 posts
13,701 battles

I care about my stats to a degree and I agree with you. This was one of my first forum posts.

Co-op is a place to have a good time and not be too concerned about anything. It's a good place to grind out of a stock hull or the like. I expect to find people trying new lines or silly ideas or even going on a unicum killing spree. I see no need for derogatory/disparaging/insulting comments in any of the modes, but especially not in co-op.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,384 battles

i care about my stats when i was downgraded to 46% and climbed slowly

now that I've already back to above 50%, I realized that wr has no real meaning and it's my team that always won the game when I was a potato in some game

but a lot of people still judge other in accordance with their wr and look down on them 

Beta Tester
125 posts
6,162 battles

Have a look on the NA forum, the title of the thread is "I ranked out on all 5 servers"

SEA, the reason I'm taking a break lol.

At least our chat is the least toxic....

[LBAS]
4,472 posts
25,644 battles

Even worst, they call noobs in the Co-op Battle scenario

I use Coop for practice and and do the weird thing :B

after 1st ARP Nachi mission I came back to Coop

17426059_1326263320791015_78276068775730

Edited by MatterCore

[LBAS]
4,472 posts
25,644 battles

wow you have over 12,500 battles you played, that's scary.

no need to fear, my aiming not well by 2 factors : eye and hand
Edited by MatterCore