You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RalphTheTheatreCat

Redditors assessment of ranked battles on all servers.

13 comments in this topic

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,842 posts
4,140 battles

I just giggled a lot when I read this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/60z6cb/i_ranked_out_on_all_5_servers_this_season_here/

SEA: 199 Games/55% Win Rate: Teams of 1-3 DDs, 4-5 ARP Cruisers, 1 Battleship. This is what I like to call the "sorry" server. Every single person that dies says sorry in chat. Nothing is more infuriating than losing 4 ships in 4 minutes and seeing "DEVASTATING STRIKE, sorry, DEVASTATING STRIKE, sorry, DEVASTATING STRIKE, sorry, DEVASTATING STRIKE, sorry" in red and green looking like a giant Christmas tree of shame in the chat box. This is the worst server I have been on both in terms of individual gameplay and team efforts. Everyone speaks a different language so I assume that's partly to blame. Teams never go together anywhere and almost always split. You'll see the random Scharnhorst go down the 10 line on North playing Microsoft Yacht Simulator while you're in the prison shower trying to shoo away Nasty Nate and Squirrel Mastah around A. Your attempts to communicate with him will be futile since he looks at English like we look at ancient Egyptian. The Australians are the most fun people to play with here. Everyone else is suspect. Sorry, I'm still salty AF about these people and their Arpeggio ways.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,842 posts
4,140 battles

Yes.   Good to see that bit.  Its just a good read.   I reckon  that is also down to our cultures here and the language barriers although I do see a lot of Spanish swearing when I play on NA.   I was also surprised at the "sorry" bit.  Ive never seen it.  I do see salt occasionally though.

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Yes.   Good to see that bit.  Its just a good read.   I reckon  that is also down to our cultures here and the language barriers although I do see a lot of Spanish swearing when I play on NA.   I was also surprised at the "sorry" bit.  Ive never seen it.  I do see salt occasionally though.

ayup, same here.  I don't bother with ranked (don't have the time or patience, getting a battle a week is a good achievement for me at the moment!) so I found that write up of the chat interesting, especially with the number of salty threads here ;)

350 posts

I was also surprised at the "sorry" bit.  Ive never seen it.  I do see salt occasionally though.

About that, I occasionally say "sorry" whenever I screw up really bad and I've seen some players do it too.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,842 posts
4,140 battles

About that, I occasionally say "sorry" whenever I screw up really bad and I've seen some players do it too.

That's about the only time I see it.  is whenever I screw the pooch terribly and I apologise.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

The most I ever had was someone trying to backseat play my Myoukou, which I completely ignored

and moved on to take the win easily.

Outside of that this season was a lot of:

"A or B"

"A/B"

I much prefer it this way, it's not like there's been any worthwhile tactical information in team chat for

either WoT or WoWS in the past couple years... on any server that is.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,842 posts
4,140 battles

I say sorry about 3 seconds after i hit the battle button.

Usually it's to my wife.

I laughed...............then had to say sorry to mine because I left her locked outside while I was mid battle.