You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LordTyphoon

Scuttling your ship

41 comments in this topic

980 posts
12,617 battles

There needs to be an option to scuttle my ship. 

Especially if after 3 minutes into the match, all five destroyers in my team have died because they were loltorped by the enemy DDs while tunnelvisioning/mindlessly firing at the battleships on the enemy team in smoke. 

Might as well detonate my own magazines rather than try to play through that resulting mess. 

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

To be fair, USN torpedoes have really low detection ranges so it's hard to dodge them, especially when they are blind fired to weird places.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,288 posts

There needs to be an option to scuttle my ship. 

Especially if after 3 minutes into the match, all five destroyers in my team have died because they were loltorped by the enemy DDs while tunnelvisioning/mindlessly firing at the battleships on the enemy team in smoke. 

Might as well detonate my own magazines rather than try to play through that resulting mess. 

Seconded.

Let's have a "Detonate my own magazines" button.

For sanity's sake at least......

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

Test confirmed that you can torp yourself without TK penalty. 

Disclaimer. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. I do not recommend it. I do recommend some junk food every now and then just coz it tastes good.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Test confirmed that you can torp yourself without TK penalty. 

Disclaimer. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. I do not recommend it. I do recommend some junk food every now and then just coz it tastes good.

Mods stated that scuttling yourself is against the rules so pls don't do that on live server...

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

Mods stated that scuttling yourself is against the rules so pls don't do that on live server...

I never would. I even went so far as to sink the bot cv before I did it just to not annoy anyone on the PTS.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

I never would. I even went so far as to sink the bot cv before I did it just to not annoy anyone on the PTS.

Best way to scuttle yourself is to ram your ship into the enemies, that way not only your ship is sunk but you also take an enemy with you.

109 posts
5,101 battles

Rather, add a "Surrender" option 

Make it available when 50% match time has passed and own team has less 1/3 ships remaining to avoid abuse. Enemy team +20% EXP and credits however or -20% of own team EXP and credits

Or rather, fight until the end. Honestly if my "allies" intentionally ( or not) feed, I switch from competing objective to farming damage. Gotta compensate my service costs somehome :angry:

Super Tester
1,310 posts

How about an option to not click battle?

Would save you the trouble of repair bills from scuttling the ship.

i seconded this option..

very very good option for those ppl that loves to give up very easily.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Kek... But I got even better Idea... Why not stop playing MMO games... 

Would save them trouble of losing their non existent sanity... 

1,493 posts

Just sail into the enemy fleet, then someone can make use of your carcass, I've done this before....

Or you can shoot at planes, or hunt a DD or a cruiser, to get a few extra points.... Not much else to choose from really, esp when potato team decides to lemming train to nowhere, so they can stuff the match deliberately, I had that happen yesterday, a tier 7/8 match would you believe, full of nagatos, hippers, Gneisenaus & a chapyev.... all went lemming from the start, immediately got corralled & blown to kingdom come.....:facepalm:

Ordrazz

460 posts
8,337 battles

No, just no. If you have a button like that you'll get the same "scumbag" behaviour that arties do in WoT. People will scuttle just to deny someone a kill/damage. People are trolls, do not give them the tools to troll.

892 posts
7,853 battles

Best solution thus far.

980 posts
12,617 battles

No, just no. If you have a button like that you'll get the same "scumbag" behaviour that arties do in WoT. People will scuttle just to deny someone a kill/damage. People are trolls, do not give them the tools to troll.

So many people triggered lol. 

I had a losing streak of games all with 100k+ damage last night, was mighty annoyed. That is, without playing like a damage farming scrub. 

Edited by LordTyphoon

341 posts
4,020 battles

But what if the function also causes the potatoes to scuttle at the start of the battle, resulting in half your team dying without engagement because they find it funny?

D:

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

You can scuttle yourself with shells. You know how you can fire vertically if you somehow trigger it? Yeah do that with AP and deck cit yourself. Ez scuttle and also make yourself look cool