You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Das_Booty

Clan members allowed to play on opposing teams (random battles)?

10 comments in this topic

[LBFM]
20 posts
11,384 battles

I've got my tin hat on, and maybe I'm being paranoid. But I've seen a few times recently where small numbers of clan members might be using the count-in method to get into games where they end up opposing teams. I find it very suspicious when the opposing team seems to know where to go. I understand the idea that the games are usually a 50/50 toss up about where ships head to, and I've tried to attach a replay where an enemy DD has threaded through our team and only showed up when I put the radar on on my Belfast, right outside our cap, but it seems I'm not permitted to. I've got a screencap admin, but I'm not sure how I can give any further information.

Is the idea that clan members can only play on one side too far out there for the hierarchy to consider?

Sus.jpg

Edited by HooFlungDung

[LBFM]
20 posts
11,384 battles

People can collaborate together without having a clan tag, so how would you know who to put on what team?

I know what you mean, but what I'm worried about is clan members using team speak/mumble etc to warn other clan members to avoid areas where there might be higher-powered ships.

[LBFM]
20 posts
11,384 battles

like this?

V63ZHAW.jpg

8 DS vs 1 DS :trollface:

I'd be curious to see how that battle turned out, but I think I already know the answer. Do you think that one sole clan member wouldn't be giving his clan mates 'hints'?
Edited by HooFlungDung

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

I know what you mean, but what I'm worried about is clan members using team speak/mumble etc to warn other clan members to avoid areas where there might be higher-powered ships.

Yeah. But my point is if they don't have a clan name they can do the same thing and you would be none the wiser. Having a clan name is actually better because they will be scrutinized more.

Really there is no way to stop that form of cheating other than by setting a good example in an attempt to make cheats outliers.

Edited by keskparane

Video Contributor
2,266 posts
10,789 battles

ok for your photos

1.It could be situation I would play this ship and MM match

2.if you use discord, TS3 and press battle each and up to MM

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Count-ins by themselves aren't really against the rules. Colluding with players on the other team however is definitely against the rules, so if you suspect foul play submit the replay to support for scrutiny.

[LBFM]
20 posts
11,384 battles

Count-ins by themselves aren't really against the rules. Colluding with players on the other team however is definitely against the rules, so if you suspect foul play submit the replay to support for scrutiny.

Problem is amade that keskparane is essentially right - there's no sure way of proving anything. But flags were raised when I saw 2 clan members - who CHOSE not to squad up together - on opposite teams, and one of them then DID squad up with a 'random'... See what I mean? Anyway as a safeguard I'm removing the battery from my phone.

As for support - no offence, but when there's a response to a ticket I raised a year ago 6 months later, it makes one reticent about raising another.

Thanks for the replies fellas.

Delete this thread if you want amade.

Edited by HooFlungDung