You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BravaZulu296

I don't think 6.3.0 will make CVs any better

15 comments in this topic

347 posts

Being able to withdraw fighters from dogfight means I can't use my fighters as meat shields any more RIP ranger...

At least Hiryu can join fellow Ranger in the "please do not bring to ranked" corner out of the virtue of not being able to take advantage of many squads as meat shields thing.

Any thoughts on the CV rework bit?

Edited by BravaZulu296

2,225 posts
13,741 battles

You can disengage to strafe a second enemy squadron coming to assist.

Moving around by clicking on the minimap is excellent.

Harder to accidentally send cv to wrong place.

They seem like good features to me

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles

At least, the disengage option is a subtle buff to tech tree USN CV. You only lose 1 out of 6/7 in each squadron in non-premium CVs so you normally are in better position to chose when to disengage. The Saipan would not want to disengage in any kind of dogfight though (you will instantly lose 1/3 of your squadron once you decided to disengage).

2,225 posts
13,741 battles

At least, the disengage option is a subtle buff to tech tree USN CV. You only lose 1 out of 6/7 in each squadron in non-premium CVs so you normally are in better position to chose when to disengage. The Saipan would not want to disengage in any kind of dogfight though (you will instantly lose 1/3 of your squadron once you decided to disengage).

Saipan is exempt. 

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Please make sure to test the feature(s) on PT and post feedback in the PT feedback thread (as linked by Onlinegamer).

[LNA]
1,667 posts
10,498 battles

Yes it will make CV standoff between IJN and USN much more favorable.

The Air superiority that everyone talk about is nothing but an illusion. Right now , fighter heavy load out handle the job of air interception , NOT air superiority where you actively seek out and destroy whatever in the air. Now this is a very big difference as one is defensive and the other is offensive generally speaking.

Air interception means defending ships and shooting down strikecrafts as priority whereas Air Superiority means you actively seek out and destroy enemy fighter first then wreck whenever lefts. I do not know why everyone call them Air Superiority while infact it is Interception in nature.

The only ship right now as US that can do AS properly is the Langley , Bogue potato 201 and that Saipan 301.

Really i find that in this game AA shoot down planes faster than FT shooting them which is quite ridiculous.

I hope that WG will make it so that CV can also handle the job of long range interception , right now mostly FT defend ship over their AA umbrella which is too close and somehow CV cannot actively intercept them before they come too close.

Video Contributor
2,267 posts
10,789 battles

Yes it will make CV standoff between IJN and USN much more favorable.

The Air superiority that everyone talk about is nothing but an illusion. Right now , fighter heavy load out handle the job of air interception , NOT air superiority where you actively seek out and destroy whatever in the air. Now this is a very big difference as one is defensive and the other is offensive generally speaking.

Air interception means defending ships and shooting down strikecrafts as priority whereas Air Superiority means you actively seek out and destroy enemy fighter first then wreck whenever lefts. I do not know why everyone call them Air Superiority while infact it is Interception in nature.

The only ship right now as US that can do AS properly is the Langley , Bogue potato 201 and that Saipan 301.

Really i find that in this game AA shoot down planes faster than FT shooting them which is quite ridiculous.

I hope that WG will make it so that CV can also handle the job of long range interception , right now mostly FT defend ship over their AA umbrella which is too close and somehow CV cannot actively intercept them before they come too close.

just talk this link...

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/23579-pt-063-alternative-cv-controls-feedback/

892 posts
7,853 battles

As a casual CV player, I do welcome the removal of Alt for T5 CV and below. But if a T5 CV gets MM'ed into a battle with a T6 CV, GG!!

Video Contributor
2,267 posts
10,789 battles

As a casual CV player, I do welcome the removal of Alt for T5 CV and below. But if a T5 CV gets MM'ed into a battle with a T6 CV, GG!!

Limit mm CV tier 5 :D

1,105 posts

SHEET ! LETS MAKE HUGE PROTEST! WHY SAIPAN IS THE ONLY EXCEPTION!

Saipan is ALREADY OP....

now they are going to add Kaga at tier 7, mean more harder for Hiryu and Ranger to farm tier 8 CV. oh man!

Limit mm CV tier 5 :D

AGREE..... CLEVELAND are seiously annoying in Zuiho, and more worse in Hosho!

[but i manage to get revenge in shokaku LOL, cleveland AA is worthless]

Video Contributor
2,267 posts
10,789 battles

SHEET ! LETS MAKE HUGE PROTEST! WHY SAIPAN IS THE ONLY EXCEPTION!

Saipan is ALREADY OP....

now they are going to add Kaga at tier 7, mean more harder for Hiryu and Ranger to farm tier 8 CV. oh man!

AGREE..... CLEVELAND are seiously annoying in Zuiho, and more worse in Hosho!

[but i manage to get revenge in shokaku LOL, cleveland AA is worthless]

Cheatland always cheatland :D

AA can't nerf anymore

You should play PT and feedback CV post

1,105 posts

Cheatland always cheatland :D

AA can't nerf anymore

You should play PT and feedback CV post

hmmm alright then, but it will take a day, whole day....

Edited by Skarhabek

7 posts
2,949 battles

You can disengage to strafe a second enemy squadron coming to assist.

Disengage option is a huge buff for USN CV, really. IJN players often use one FT squad as bait, another FT squad goes strafing. Now the USN players can counter-strafe by use ALT to disengage the first squad AND AT THE SAME TIME strafe a second incoming squad. This option makes "balanced" USN mod like 1-1-1 effectively a gamebreaker. No need for AA mod, as A SINGLE USN FT squad can, and will shoot down 3 IJN squads that way. And the damage output with 1-1-1, don't even need to tell lol.

WG, implement disengage option is a good thing, but combine it with counter strafing, you guys make CV unplayable Lol

Video Contributor
2,267 posts
10,789 battles

They did wrong buff and t4-5 OK now no pro players troll newbies but pro players only do one thing

Farm clear sky 24/7

So I really need buff planes too stronger than this patch..