You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Snow_Yuri

DD get a strong nerf after 0.6.3, and BB is a little bit IMBA

69 comments in this topic

44 posts
10,290 battles

as we know, detectability range of the ship will be equal to the ship's maximum firing range after 0.6.3, which mean most of DD will get much more punishment after fire  (for example, fletcher have 12.9km fire range, and now the detectability range after fire is 9.7km, which is 3.2km more punishment)                    

before, after dog fight, DD can out of the dangerous zone by low detectability range, even after fire. but after 0.6.3, DD can't or much hard to do that if you don't want to lose one value somke. I think most player know that what will  happen if you get 3 kagero and enemy get 3 benson, before the side with benson always can win the dog fight, but after update, benson is very easy to kill by BBs even already kill the DD, 20s is a long time for DDs (think about radar) and most high tier BB can Devastate​ Strike on high tier DD —— even they are unlucky, DD always lose more then 5k+ HP —— that is only one BB:

so the problem is, fire punishment should become big when ship keep firing, like akizuki —— everyone hate that, but shouldn't become big when DD do what they should do: cap, spot and somke fleet

and BB ap do too much damage on high tier DDs, less over penetration on high tier DD now, which means BB don't afraid anyone: CV and shimakaze just died (stronger and powerful), Russian  DD just like CA is the food, USA DD can be killed when they dog fight , German DD will be spotted whatever , and the game will be world of battleships

460 posts
8,344 battles

You've not played a BB much right? You're lucky if you hit a DD unless they are quite close. Also you only get penetration damage if the shell hits end on and sticks inside the ship. A broadside DD should be over penned as usual (which can still be very deadly). Also if you are far enough away you should be able to dodge BB shells.

Lets wait for the patch to see what effect it actually has. Anything else is mere speculation.

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,863 battles

I gotta admit, scoring 9k+ to outright deleting DDs in one salvo in BBs is so damn satisfying and addictive at the same time.

1,386 posts
8,244 battles

You've not played a BB much right? You're lucky if you hit a DD unless they are quite close. Also you only get penetration damage if the shell hits end on and sticks inside the ship. A broadside DD should be over penned as usual (which can still be very deadly). Also if you are far enough away you should be able to dodge BB shells.

Lets wait for the patch to see what effect it actually has. Anything else is mere speculation.

I actually got a few penetration hitting a broadside Kagero using my Scharnhorst. But Scharnhorst's AP shell has a 0.01 detonator compared to the longer 0.033 detonator a common battleship has so it's quite rare (if any) that other BB can get penetration from broadside DD (except Khabarovsk which has 50mm belt).

Video Contributor
2,266 posts
10,789 battles

VMF - do we have concealment? Pew pew!

KMS - huh concealment? Pew pew!

USS - hybird gunboat or AA boat or torpedo boat

IJN torpedo line - nope! Nope! NOPE!

IJN gunboat - hmm.. Pew pew pew! *detected*!

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

You know, one suggested change can be to keep gun bloom to calibre(in mm)/20

In this case BB have about 20.5s gun bloom time while Akizuki only has 5s.

520 posts
11,127 battles

Hmmmm... I suspect they used the German DDs as a test platform for this.... And the pretty High winrates cemented the nerf

Edited by kultabashi

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I don't really care tbh, especially considering that everyone always points to high tier DDs

suffering from the stealth firing changes.

On my low/mid tier DDs it seems to translate into a few seconds more time of being detected and dodging shells before the concealment kicks in again.

Could mean that I'll have to be a bit more careful during the initial engagements, but I don't mind that.

Guess I'll see once the changes hit the live server.

Edited by Retia

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

For me stealth fire nerf is not really affect my play style that much since i mostly get close and play objective/spotting where i rarely shoot at all.

On the other hand im sure that many gun boat who focus on spamming shells will suffer but as there still a Russian DD line that can speed tanking and no need for stealth firing mechanic.  

892 posts
7,853 battles

I really don't think this will impact me much. Only thing I have to potentially ponder over is on whether AFT still makes sense for some of my DD Captains with AFT

420 posts
20 battles

as we know, detectability range of the ship will be equal to the ship's maximum firing range after 0.6.3, which mean most of DD will get much more punishment after fire  (for example, fletcher have 12.9km fire range, and now the detectability range after fire is 9.7km, which is 3.2km more punishment)                    

before, after dog fight, DD can out of the dangerous zone by low detectability range, even after fire. but after 0.6.3, DD can't or much hard to do that if you don't want to lose one value somke. I think most player know that what will  happen if you get 3 kagero and enemy get 3 benson, before the side with benson always can win the dog fight, but after update, benson is very easy to kill by BBs even already kill the DD, 20s is a long time for DDs (think about radar) and most high tier BB can Devastate​ Strike on high tier DD —— even they are unlucky, DD always lose more then 5k+ HP —— that is only one BB:

so the problem is, fire punishment should become big when ship keep firing, like akizuki —— everyone hate that, but shouldn't become big when DD do what they should do: cap, spot and somke fleet

and BB ap do too much damage on high tier DDs, less over penetration on high tier DD now, which means BB don't afraid anyone: CV and shimakaze just died (stronger and powerful), Russian  DD just like CA is the food, USA DD can be killed when they dog fight , German DD will be spotted whatever , and the game will be world of battleships

BB AP have been a while doing good damage to DD, at high tier. At low tier 4 or lower, they only do 1000 dmg.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Wg said they want to reduce BB population...But based on their actions lately (RDF/RL, radar and now the removal of stealth fire), it seems like they are trying to reduce DD population instead.

Edited by Shiroyasha_Gintoki

85 posts
4,538 battles

Actually I'm very excited about the IJN DD range buffs, as I use IJN DD guns a lot.

To thos who think that being spotted  = being hit, try to reliably hit a DD maneuvering and changing speeds 10 km away. Even if you have brainless CL gunspamming, it's not a guarantee hit

44 posts
10,290 battles

You know, one suggested change can be to keep gun bloom to calibre(in mm)/20

In this case BB have about 20.5s gun bloom time while Akizuki only has 5s.

​yeah that is a good idea, but punishment  for player who keep fire for long time should be longer, like [(firing time/(some value))/(reload time)]* (basic punishment )

44 posts
10,290 battles

Wg said they want to reduce BB population...But based on their actions lately (RDF/RL, radar and now the removal of stealth fire), it seems like they are trying to reduce DD pupolation instead.

nep nep BBs by nep nep

Super Tester
7,562 posts
8,001 battles

Wg said they want to reduce BB population...But based on their actions lately (RDF/RL, radar and now the removal of stealth fire), it seems like they are trying to reduce DD pupolation instead.

That is based on NA server I think. For SEA, too many cruisers are the problem for DD. Specially now everyone has smoke or RADAR.

44 posts
10,290 battles

simple .. just stop using your gun.... torpedo only 

​it's hard to use torpedo to get stable damage, during the dog fight gun always most powerful weapon unless you have much more better detectability  range(

for example: KIEV and kagero ) and powerful teammate behind you(like R1 player ), or you lose will HP/lose point

460 posts
8,344 battles

I actually got a few penetration hitting a broadside Kagero using my Scharnhorst. But Scharnhorst's AP shell has a 0.01 detonator compared to the longer 0.033 detonator a common battleship has so it's quite rare (if any) that other BB can get penetration from broadside DD (except Khabarovsk which has 50mm belt).

I would think Scharnhorst would be the exception to the rule, and wouldn't do it consistently. That and if you're a DD you should be making yourself hard to hit and not that close to a BB. It's the cruisers gun fire you should really worry about more.

like I said before we need to see it on the live server before worrying too much about it.

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

Although I am kinda sad to see stealth fire go I do think it will add an element to the game that will be good for balance. That being, smoke & island cover aside, that as soon as you fire within range of enemy you will show up on the minimap.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Good luck to all BB players now because I don't think any DD would want to go and contest caps now that firing in it would get you detected from the moon. Go contest the caps yourself.

425 posts

Good luck to all BB players now because I don't think any DD would want to go and contest caps now that firing in it would get you detected from the moon. Go contest the caps yourself.

Ohhhh, contesting caps with dds and not be auto dead?

Sounds like what Wargaming has been trying for, for a long time. 

"PUSH BBS! PUSH YOU COWARDS! WHY DON'T YOU PUSH!?"  Wargaming since last summer, when I started reading forums and such. Not sure about before.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

"PUSH BBS! PUSH YOU COWARDS! WHY DON'T YOU PUSH!?" 

At least there's a reason to call them cowards now! Their excuse of "but you have better detection" is of no use now!

425 posts

At least there's a reason to call them cowards now! Their excuse of "but you have better detection" is of no use now!

No kidding.  One of my most unjoyable battles involved all the bb camping the spawn on fault line in domination mode.  Oh, and it was T4 and T5!  Why!?

Now, hopefully others will push with me.

At least if they open up with guns, my secondaries will have a chance to work on them.  If I get stealth torped, then oh well, I should have torpedobeated (torpedobatted?, what is past tense?).