You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

I wonder why it's sparking all the salt.

17 comments in this topic

1,386 posts
8,222 battles

It's just not understandable why all the people are disagreeing with wargaming's decision on removing invisifiring and blame BB players.

Surely some ships will certainly be affected and some may even be almost unplayable. But it's just that few ships. Why so many are whining and no one going hooray for it?

Only a few ships are affected.

Akizuki is simply killed. It's stupid maneuverability means you can't play it like Russian DDs and gping solo cap means very likely being deleted by torpedoes. It's so much relying on invisifiring.

Chapayev, surely it's a nerf but not as critical as Akizuki's. At more than 15km away, I'm not sure if the BBs will be be interested in a Chapayev in running away position and doing maneuvers. But definitely not as comfortable as invisifiring. And it doesn't seem to be much of an upgrade from Shchors.

Zao, a nerf, not much affected. Someone in the comments said Zao must invisifiring due to it's low HP pool and arcs making firing over islands impossible. Disagreed. Zao has 30mm deck and side making a well angled Zao immune to any AP below 429mm, and it's citadel is well hidden. And invisifiring from almost 16km away… Not sure if it's so useful. Invisifiring for Zao is a nice addition, but not necessary.

Someone also said DM will be affected much… Based on the same theory, I think range build Yamato's 27km invisifiring will also be affected and Yamato will be unplayable. And I'm gonna put Kutuzov in the trashcan for losing it's 17.7km invisifiring.

US DD, probably nerfed? But you can rely on islands. There's also the special smoke. And after all, US DD are meant to deal with DD using guns, use torps against BBs and provide team support. But I guess it kills the range build pew-pew all game US DD, but I think this build has always been stupid.

1,105 posts

US DD, probably nerfed? But you can rely on islands. There's also the special smoke. And after all, US DD are meant to deal with DD using guns, use torps against BBs and provide team support. But I guess it kills the range build pew-pew all game US DD, but I think this build has always been stupid.

so its basically more task for CV to delete BB....

man.. they should buff DD a lot, so it can destroy BB. destroyer without the ability to destroy BB is only lifeboat with guns :V

BRING BACK INVISFIRING FOR USN DD

BRING BACK IJN NINJA TORPEDO!

NERF AA from russian DD!

buff repair party for russian DD, we know it already.... YOLO DD is awesome! no hide, just tanking like a boss! (i mean evading)

REMOVE DETONATION from DD!  

bet me 10 silver, they are going to add premium battleship soon!

1,386 posts
8,222 battles

man.. they should buff DD a lot, so it can destroy BB. destroyer without the ability to destroy BB is only lifeboat with guns :V

NERF AA from russian DD!

buff repair party for russian DD, we know it already.... YOLO DD is awesome! no hide, just tanking like a boss! (i mean evading)

BB being deleted is often due to being at a range too close or the BB is stupid, but everyone wants a bite off it and generally BB are very easy to kill. Just ask for concentration upon the BB without damage control and people will do it, especially when you tell your teammates about it. Also as high tier cruisers are engaging at longer range, with the nice addition of concealment and heal, the threat of battleships are significantly less.

295 posts
6,592 battles

i think this is not the first time player complaining about updates, maybe something like this is happening on every update

1,479 posts

Excuse me, I am going hooray for removing the cheat invisi firing garbage, I have said in quite a few threads that it should be gone.

At least it will be fairer, & to those "who can't live without it, I must have it, I am useless without it etc", then I say to them they need to upskill themselves & "git gud", instead of relying on a cheat.

:read_fish:

Ordrazz

Super Tester
7,519 posts
7,978 battles

NERF AA from russian DD!

Are you angry with BBs because you are extremely bad in them? DDs are natural counters to BBs, If you can't do it, that is mostly your problem.

Anyway, in my opinion, DDs could be allowed to do invisirifing to some extent. But it should never be possible for cruisers without hard cover to begin with. But overall I think this change will encourage players to learn the value of terrain abuse.

459 posts
8,261 battles

I've never liked the invisi-fire mechanic. Fair enough if you're in smoke or behind an island (they require skill/planning), but not on the open ocean. Those that rely on it will just have to git gud with out it :trollface:. I've personally never relied on it, I can't remember using it at all, but I probably just haven't played the ships that people claim rely on it.

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Not a problem at all, never really relied on invisifire when islands and smoke and WASD hacks are so much more effective.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

DM invisifire is only from 16.7km and it has slow arcs, with a maximum on 18.4km range meaning there is only a 1.7km gap for invisifiring. At about 13 seconds shell flight time. Not much of a difference for DM, I actually feel like it is a buff for it. Why? because originally the firing penalty goes to 16.7km with full concealment build but now it only goes to 15.8km (without range module) and if they spot you as a result of you firing they are in range to be shot at. Before I had to take the range module because I don't want someone spotting me from outside my firing range and I can't do anything about it except to run. Now I can put on the glorious reload module and farm damage harder hue

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Not a problem at all, never really relied on invisifire when islands and smoke and WASD hacks are so much more effective.

I would like you to try WASD hack in an IJN DD.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

I remember all the people telling BB to WASD hack before the IJN DD nerf, I guess this means IJN DD has worse maneuverability than BB?

You can't turn and shoot at the same time. To shoot, you need to sail straight for a period of time which, of course, makes it an easier time for anyone to shoot you seeing as you're about 8km off from anything dangerous.

1,386 posts
8,222 battles

You can't turn and shoot at the same time. To shoot, you need to sail straight for a period of time which, of course, makes it an easier time for anyone to shoot you seeing as you're about 8km off from anything dangerous.

There's a key combination called Ctrl+X

Super Tester
7,519 posts
7,978 battles

The problem is, you maneuver in BB cause you get 30 seconds of time to do whatever you want. On IJN DDs (and lower tier VMF DDs) turret traverse is so slow, that if you try to wiggle, your guns won't keep up with your turn.

Do they have handing like a BB? Ofcourse not. But they have 5-10 times RoF of a BB. So in a DD brawl, you either WASD or shoot with IJN DD. Not both. Kinda like Myoko, you keep turning, you never shoot.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

I don't think you've played IJN DD if you think that helps. Try playing them and shoot while turning.

1,386 posts
8,222 battles

The problem is, you maneuver in BB cause you get 30 seconds of time to do whatever you want. On IJN DDs (and lower tier VMF DDs) turret traverse is so slow, that if you try to wiggle, your guns won't keep up with your turn.

Do they have handing like a BB? Ofcourse not. But they have 5-10 times RoF of a BB. So in a DD brawl, you either WASD or shoot with IJN DD. Not both. Kinda like Myoko, you keep turning, you never shoot.

I had an Izyaslav for sealclubbing before I got trolled by sealclubber CV and deleted it. You can take aim in advance, use your hull to help them transverse and shoot when they are in place. Or you can lock your turrets in place, slow down your WASD a little bit when they point near your target, unlock them and shoot, lock them again and resume max WASD. It's not that hard, I used guns quite a bit when I was playing Isokaze late 2015.