You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
karrablaster123

AFK Players

11 comments in this topic

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

So we all have, at some point in time, come across an AFK/disconnected player. Sometimes that player is a top tier ship and you lose the game because of him. It is not always the player who is at fault.

So I suggest an implementation of a feature which enables a bot to take over the player's ship in the event of him disconnecting from the game. Until the player returns, the bot plays for him. The ribbons and the damage earned by the bot will not be credited to the player's account. When, the player reconnects he will take over but the damage and ribbon earned by the bot will not be shone or credited. The game continues to proceed normally. If the player does not reconnect the bot will play the whole battle and the player will not receive any rewards.

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,859 battles

Or better yet have some dead players take control of it. The dead player gets extra credit and "second chance" to be in the game.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,832 posts
4,122 battles

Anything that promotes/condones or supports passive play is bad for the game.   What happens when it becomes acceptable for all your team to go and take the bins out.

I'm a very outspoken advocate for escalating sanctions on AFK players to the point where their accounts are removed completely.   Can't play the game?  Don't want to play the game?  Have continuous bad connections or a poor quality comp?   Do something else until you rectify the problem and stop ruining the game for players who want to play.

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

I don't see the problem. The sanctions/punishment for being AFK remains in place. The suggestion will allow battles to continue smoothly.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I'd rather have the ship sit still quietly than the supremely well programmed AI in WoWS take over and torpedo enemies through six allies,

or rush into an entire group of enemies and feed the opposing team even more points.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

I'd rather have the ship sit still quietly than the supremely well programmed AI in WoWS take over and torpedo enemies through six allies,

or rush into an entire group of enemies and feed the opposing team even more points.

Could use the Alpha bots  :hiding:

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,859 battles

And later there will be a lot of "slow loading" player throwing salt complaining that they are not seeing their ships, but saw a red hollow HP bar instead of green. :popcorn:
Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Anything that promotes/condones or supports passive play is bad for the game.   What happens when it becomes acceptable for all your team to go and take the bins out.

I'm a very outspoken advocate for escalating sanctions on AFK players to the point where their accounts are removed completely.   Can't play the game?  Don't want to play the game?  Have continuous bad connections or a poor quality comp?   Do something else until you rectify the problem and stop ruining the game for players who want to play.

Read the OP:

The ribbons and the damage earned by the bot will not be credited to the player's account.

When, the player reconnects he will take over but the damage and ribbon earned by the bot will not be shone or credited.

If the player does not reconnect the bot will play the whole battle and the player will not receive any rewards.

The AFK player would not get any of the benefits from a bot taking over the ship at all.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,832 posts
4,122 battles

My comment still stands.    Anything that condones, promotes or supports and kind of passive play is bad.  This region is incredibly good at exposing and exploiting loopholes in the rules.