You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
THUNDERCOMMANDER4

teamplay needs to be more rewarding and less kill dependent

25 comments in this topic

[1AN-E]
303 posts
3,837 battles

ok i was in my groser kufast and i was supporting my team shooting and damaging as many ships as possible and behind an island 25 k away from any domonation point is a yamato lets just say he camps and dosnet move an inch me and 2 dds and 2 cruiser are fighting to hold the pint and hes just casualy siting behind an island shooting the odd salvo i end up dying trying to defend the cap and only after i die and 3 more of my team mates does the yamato move and take a geuss what he does next ......... give up he broadsides another yamato and the enemy yama is bow WHAT!!!!!! i scream in chat what are u doing 5 seconds later he is dead and some how manages to kill someone before he dies.:facepalm:

my team in the end pull on through  and i though since i got 100k dmage and supported my team i though maybe i get top 3 yet when i get to the score board the camping yamato  IS NUMBER 1 XP EARNER:trollface: and im in  the bottem 3 last (clears throat) WHAT!!!!!!!:angry: how does that work wargaming like what the utter flip i thought this was a team game yet it seams to me that its leans to more kill dependent like come on really and this was not a one of case i have mutiple time not gotten many if at all kills but get heaps of damage and support my team and yet il be near or dead last and someone who either kill stealed or was camping for nearly whole game gets top reward 

at this point i want wargaming to see this and explain to me wtf is wrong with the system and if its gonna be fixed and till then can one of u guys give me an explanation cause i haven't gotten  a clue

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

ok i was in my groser kufast and i was supporting my team shooting and damaging as many ships as possible and behind an island 25 k away from any domonation point is a yamato lets just say he camps and dosnet move an inch me and 2 dds and 2 cruiser are fighting to hold the pint and hes just casualy siting behind an island shooting the odd salvo i end up dying trying to defend the cap and only after i die and 3 more of my team mates does the yamato move and take a geuss what he does next ......... give up he broadsides another yamato and the enemy yama is bow WHAT!!!!!! i scream in chat what are u doing 5 seconds later he is dead and some how manages to kill someone before he dies.:facepalm:

my team in the end pull on through  and i though since i got 100k dmage and supported my team i though maybe i get top 3 yet when i get to the score board the camping yamato  IS NUMBER 1 XP EARNER:trollface: and im in  the bottem 3 last (clears throat) WHAT!!!!!!!:angry: how does that work wargaming like what the utter flip i thought this was a team game yet it seams to me that its leans to more kill dependent like come on really and this was not a one of case i have mutiple time not gotten many if at all kills but get heaps of damage and support my team and yet il be near or dead last and someone who either kill stealed or was camping for nearly whole game gets top reward 

at this point i want wargaming to see this and explain to me wtf is wrong with the system and if its gonna be fixed and till then can one of u guys give me an explanation cause i haven't gotten  a clue

if you got 100k dmg there is NO way you are one the bottom 3, either you are exaggerating or lying, and of the yamato got top XP with you dealing 100k dmg, the he had to have done t least 200k dmg

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

100k and almost bottom.... Something feels wrong here... Few checks later

KP0lGyn.png

Someone was lying.... (Queuing Why you always lying)

Why'd you have to make a post when you don't really show the proofs... If you don't someone else would do that for you... and clearly you haven't done the damage you've said you had done... Or might be you have done 100k and in the next match you died with 0 damage which averaged out as 55k 

So the team from the match where you have done 0 damage should come here and rant about you instead... 

65 posts
3,473 battles

Why'd you have to make a post when you don't really show the proofs... If you don't someone else would do that for you... and clearly you haven't done the damage you've said you had done... Or might be you have done 100k and in the next match you died with 0 damage which averaged out as 55k 

So the team from the match where you have done 0 damage should come here and rant about you instead... 

giphy.gif

Edited by Captain_WrongHood

62 posts
254 battles

KP0lGyn.png

Image result for why you always lying gif subtitles

16 posts
223 battles

I guess the only that you get for being a good team player nowadays is a simple 'thank you' as well as a compliment in the post-game battle, haha. But then again, never get tired of doing the things you need to do in order for your team to win. There's no shame in that. At least by the end of each battle, you know for yourself that you did all the best you can to win.

218 posts
3,792 battles

Been asking this all along. Ship should be amply rewarded for doing their specialized job. Reward mechanism should be different on each class of ships. For example, DD should be rewarded more base on how many enemy ships it spots and how many friendly ships it protected inside the smoke and for how long. Air defence cruiser should be rewarded more for how many enemy planes it shot down. Acoustic/radar cruiser should be rewarded more for revealing concealed enemy ships or for help spotting torpedo. And BB get rewarded more for dealing raw damage. Carrier should be rewarded base on it's loadout.

[1AN-E]
303 posts
3,837 battles

ok next 5 games i do il post damage and were i end up also i wasn't lying when i got a 100k damage i avrage 50k and max i yhave gotten in my grosser kurfast is 200 damage  

translation il do more games and show what happens when u try to be a teamplayer rather than a selfish prick. to also better my agurment  il post my damage and xp and were i rank in the team ladder vat the end of it

Edited by THUNDERCOMMANDER4

1,105 posts

Someone, translation, plz?

em i the only one who understand what he say?

- he will do 100K damge in next 5 games

- he can do 200 damage......

- teamplay is more importan to win than damage dealt

- he will post screenshot here

translation il do more games and show what happens when u try to be a teamplayer rather than a selfish prick. to also better my agurment  il post my damage and xp and were i rank in the team ladder vat the end of it

ADD REPLAY PLEASE, i want to see your gameplay :smart_fish:

may be i will try KM BB :V

420 posts
20 battles

em i the only one who understand what he say?

- he will do 100K damge in next 5 games

- he can do 200 damage......

- teamplay is more importan to win than damage dealt

- he will post screenshot here

ADD REPLAY PLEASE, i want to see your gameplay :smart_fish:

may be i will try KM BB :V

Exactly, idk how to translate that without hurting anyone.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

I guess the only that you get for being a good team player nowadays is a simple 'thank you' as well as a compliment in the post-game battle, haha. But then again, never get tired of doing the things you need to do in order for your team to win. There's no shame in that. At least by the end of each battle, you know for yourself that you did all the best you can to win.

well, that might be true for DDs who gave up  capping and dealing damage and solely focoused on smoking his teammates, but other ships that play to the team(AA, scout, cap ect ect) will easily get at least in the top five of the team, bottom 3 is like, on the same level as "barely not AFKing"

Been asking this all along. Ship should be amply rewarded for doing their specialized job. Reward mechanism should be different on each class of ships. For example, DD should be rewarded more base on how many enemy ships it spots and how many friendly ships it protected inside the smoke and for how long. Air defence cruiser should be rewarded more for how many enemy planes it shot down. Acoustic/radar cruiser should be rewarded more for revealing concealed enemy ships or for help spotting torpedo. And BB get rewarded more for dealing raw damage. Carrier should be rewarded base on it's loadout.

this i somewhat agree on, the problem is how to balance eco with this kind of system, the current system is much worse then what it used to be and i dont want them to make it worse

ok next 5 games i do il post damage and were i end up also i wasn't lying when i got a 100k damage i avrage 50k and max i yhave gotten in my grosser kurfast is 200 damage  

i highly doubt you can show a match where you did 100k dmg and end up somewhere outside of the TOP 3 of your team, if you feel you can do it, the prove me wrong.

oh yes, i just remebered the last time i saw you in a GK, FYI, YOLOING ISNT SUPPORTING YOUR TEAM

62 posts
254 battles

well, that might be true for DDs who gave up  capping and dealing damage and solely focoused on smoking his teammates, but other ships that play to the team(AA, scout, cap ect ect) will easily get at least in the top five of the team, bottom 3 is like, on the same level as "barely not AFKing"

this i somewhat agree on, the problem is how to balance eco with this kind of system, the current system is much worse then what it used to be and i dont want them to make it worse

i highly doubt you can show a match where you did 100k dmg and end up somewhere outside of the TOP 3 of your team, if you feel you can do it, the prove me wrong.

oh yes, i just remebered the last time i saw you in a GK, FYI, YOLOING ISNT SUPPORTING YOUR TEAM

Ooooooooooooooohhhhhh...

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Ohhhh....!!!!!!!! Caught!!!!

No Look.. If you post something on forum you should try backing your words with proofs... what you showed is only xp leaderboard and didn't show us how much damage you've dealt...

And I know what teamplayer gets or what a selfish player gets... because in lot of matches i've been both selfish and teamplayer... 

And As Drakon said if you deal that much damage on anything other than a CV you'll be on top of the team in xp standings... So please don't try to argue if you have Screenshots of the battle results or even better got replay of the battle? share it with us...

2,222 posts
13,712 battles

I think this just goes to show that our impressions of what our teammates are doing is so easy to get wrong. Obviously the Yam did a lot better than you realized.

I got pinged on the map the other day because someone didn't like the direction my BB was facing. I was facing backwards, but that was because I had just dodged torps from 2 dds. So basically my penalty for not eating torpedo broadside was an angry teammate who then went on to give me negative karma. 

Oh. Just looked at pic. 1st = 4th :teethhappy:

Edited by keskparane

1,105 posts

now I UNDERSTAND WHY you get lower XP.....

ITS BASED ON survivability too!

camping from 20KM = not getting hit = more XP..... BUT LESS CREDIT

YOLO = taking a lot of potential damage, die first, less XP..... MORE CREDIT!

i am just GOT DESTROYED IN SHOKAKU (lose) deal only 30K damage.... GET MORE CREDIT than DEALING 60K damage and win (100K vs 130K)

DAT LOGIC...... got minus credit....

118 posts
3,585 battles

now I UNDERSTAND WHY you get lower XP.....

ITS BASED ON survivability too!

camping from 20KM = not getting hit = more XP..... BUT LESS CREDIT

YOLO = taking a lot of potential damage, die first, less XP..... MORE CREDIT!

i am just GOT DESTROYED IN SHOKAKU (lose) deal only 30K damage.... GET MORE CREDIT than DEALING 60K damage and win (100K vs 130K)

DAT LOGIC...... got minus credit....

Does planes lost get more credits?

980 posts
12,617 battles

I think this just goes to show that our impressions of what our teammates are doing is so easy to get wrong. Obviously the Yam did a lot better than you realized.

I got pinged on the map the other day because someone didn't like the direction my BB was facing. I was facing backwards, but that was because I had just dodged torps from 2 dds. So basically my penalty for not eating torpedo broadside was an angry teammate who then went on to give me negative karma. 

Oh. Just looked at pic. 1st = 4th :teethhappy:

I got reported for:

- Detonating

- Not successfully fighting off 3 squads of torpedo bombers in a tashkent

- 'kill stealing' by devastating strike on a cruiser because the reporter believed he should be getting the devastating strike for his salvo that landed late

- being team killed from point blank by torpedoss

- not being able to fight of 3 enemy DDs in in a minekaze

-failing to get solo warrior

Youre not alone. 

Edited by LordTyphoon