You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jeruk_Swag

Enable a no CV option already for queing

51 comments in this topic

127 posts
6,502 battles

I am TIRED of getting games where the CV on my team is some moron who just learned how to use a mouse and keyboard and decided to play Warships while the enemy team gets the amazing CV who spots, drops DDs and knows what he's doing.

I don't even enjoy when I get the good CV because I hate dealing with being air spotted every living second of a game. 

Do the devs or any of the people who run this game even play this game? Balance is so bad it's mind boggling.

1,105 posts

CV to OP, remove them!

wait for the Submarine release.... more terror for surface ship

i get noob CV in my team

play CV instead

seriously, the actual reason i am playing CV is because i dont want to get noob CV in my team. and of course, CV ARE OP!!!

the only counter for endless CV spot is TO RELEASE SUBMARINE!! then, DD/torpedoboat can SHINE AGAIN! of course with depth charge consummable :V

if CV is the Kraken of the sea (multiple arms = squadron)

Submarine is the Leviathan of the sea (terror from abyssal)

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

I am TIRED of getting games where the CV on my team is some moron who just learned how to use a mouse and keyboard and decided to play Warships while the enemy team gets the amazing CV who spots, drops DDs and knows what he's doing.

I don't even enjoy when I get the good CV because I hate dealing with being air spotted every living second of a game. 

Do the devs or any of the people who run this game even play this game? Balance is so bad it's mind boggling.

kek, salty much? if you dont like CVs the learn how to deal with them or bring a AA ship in a div, problem solved

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,592 battles

everytime there is cv i sure lose, it's always the not good cv player in my team

i'm not good with micro managing so i dont play cv, so i don't drag others down..hard to play whatever you can't play well don't play it or until you improved

1,386 posts
8,230 battles

kek, salty much? if you dont like CVs the learn how to deal with them or bring a AA ship in a div, problem solved

High tier map is either 42x42 or 48x48, and the largest AA radius is 8.6km without DAAF, or 8.2km with DAAF. So how much will you be able to cover? You can't do anything for that DD half a map away. And counting on teammates is not an option, as more and more people are dropping AA skills and consumables for better anti surface abilities.

As the current meta is heavily depending on concealment, CV and DD, being the ships with best reconnaissance abilities, are very critical. And unlike DD which usually come in numbers, a CV game means one person will be responsible for a majority of your team's recon. Sticking together can often limit tactical diversity and force ships to places they are not supposed to go.

In one GK game, I met a unicum Shokaku. His first strike force went for a Z-46 sailing close to a Montana. Montana was able to shoot down the majority of the planes, but this wave has reduced Z-46's HP to just ~2,000 and the surface ships' gunfire soon sunk the DD with Shokaku providing recon.

In a more recent Zao game, the enemy Shokaku was a unicum. I can't imagine how much stress and focus our DD faced but they surely never enjoyed much undetected time. My team's CV however was a potato. The enemy Shima managed to survive for more than five minutes with just 2k HP and less than 10km away from my Zao, simply because our CV refused to spot and sent all his planes to bomb Montana+Iowa+Hindenberg.

I agree with OP on no CV option. Not because I'm annoyed by the existence of CV despite their flies are annoying, but because I hate the feeling of trusting a very important and crucial task almost entirely on some certain person you never know.

Edited by _Halcyon

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

High tier map is either 42x42 or 48x48, and the largest AA radius is 8.6km without DAAF, or 8.2km with DAAF. So how much will you be able to cover? You can't do anything for that DD half a map away. And counting on teammates is not an option, as more and more people are dropping AA skills and consumables for better anti surface abilities.

As the current meta is heavily depending on concealment, CV and DD, being the ships with best reconnaissance abilities, are very critical. And unlike DD which usually come in numbers, a CV game means one person will be responsible for a majority of your team's recon. Sticking together can often limit tactical diversity and force ships to places they are not supposed to go.

In one GK game, I met a unicum Shokaku. His first strike force went for a Z-46 sailing close to a Montana. Montana was able to shoot down the majority of the planes, but this wave has reduced Z-46's HP to just ~2,000 and the surface ships' gunfire soon sunk the DD with Shokaku providing recon.

In a more recent Zao game, the enemy Shokaku was a unicum. I can't imagine how much stress and focus our DD faced but they surely never enjoyed much undetected time. My team's CV however was a potato. The enemy Shima managed to survive for more than five minutes with just 2k HP and less than 10km away from my Zao, simply because our CV refused to spot and sent all his planes to bomb Montana+Iowa+Hindenberg.

I agree with OP on no CV option. Not because I'm annoyed by the existence of CV despite their flies are annoying, but because I hate the feeling of trusting a very important and crucial task almost entirely on some certain person you never know.

hence, divison with one or a DM or a memetaur or whatever ships have good AA

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

How to sure if you will say that CV is potato? Have you met them/him/her a lot time?

You only have to watch their actions in game.

The player will soon reveal if they are a potato or not.

A no CV option would never work, as it is mentioned before, CV players would probably be stuck in a queue forever, plus there would be no food for my Texas.........

16 posts
223 battles

I suggest you try at least for a few battles being in a CV. You'll then learn how difficult it is to make an impact in the battles, may it be strike group or air group. You do know of course that winning in a team doesn't heavily depend on the CV alone, but every ship in the team. I also bet you had some battles wherein the enemy CV are inexperienced and you won. So don't really vent out your frustration on CV's, they'll be there permanently if not, for a long time. Always put your mind over matter. :)

1,386 posts
8,230 battles

I suggest you try at least for a few battles being in a CV. You'll then learn how difficult it is to make an impact in the battles, may it be strike group or air group. You do know of course that winning in a team doesn't heavily depend on the CV alone, but every ship in the team. I also bet you had some battles wherein the enemy CV are inexperienced and you won. So don't really vent out your frustration on CV's, they'll be there permanently if not, for a long time. Always put your mind over matter. :)

Having a hard time and being hard to play is never the excuse for doing stupid things, never.

I once seen a Fletcher, stock, no signal flags, no camo. These are bearable, but he stopped by the cap, smoked for himself, stopped broadside in the smoke and started pew pew battleships, relying on the cruisers to spot. There was two Zao, a Chapayev and a secondary build Bismarck following him. He ended up catching a whole salvo of torpedoes. Would I say "it's hard being a DD, try for yourself"? No. I reported him for playing poorly. As I said, having a hard time is never the excuse for doing stupid things. That goes the same for CV.

218 posts
3,788 battles

Sometimes it's not potato CV player. I played CV and there's a good and bad moment. There's battle where I carry the team, and there's a battle where I don't score even a single damage. Sometimes you face an enemy CV with fighter loadout who knows his stuff and my bombers was completely wiped out even before i can score any hit.

Something worth considering, this game randomly assign team members. So everyone have an equal chance of getting team up with bad/incompatible players. If your WNR suffer, it's probably more your fault than the bad players fault.

Edited by Puteralanun

892 posts
7,853 battles

To me, a potato CV player is one who does his own thing ie keeping his fighters to cover himself or his own bombers without providing air support to the rest of the team. And yes, playing CV is not for anyone who not good at multitasking

460 posts
8,310 battles

You only have to watch their actions in game.

The player will soon reveal if they are a potato or not.

A no CV option would never work, as it is mentioned before, CV players would probably be stuck in a queue forever, plus there would be no food for my Texas.........

Exactly. They'd be in the queue forever. The CV population is small no need to make them extinct and all those AA guns pointless.

I don't play CVs very often, partly because the user interface for playing them is hard to use, and also whilst I'm not a potato I frequently run into unicum CV players that crush any hope of doing much useful at all. Also I have T6 and T7 CVs which are nailed by the match making. It's also generally not very fun at the moment. It's too easy to dominate or be crushed.

Although I did have an interesting game in the Ranger the other day. I'm fairly new to the Ranger, so I only have the 111 flight mod. Ran into a 301 Saipan in a luckily T7 Match. Didn't have much hope of doing any spotting because I obviously was going to be dominated by their fighters, but I did manage about 70k damage (and one kill) by distracting him with my fighters whilst bombing a target else where. I managed to survive by keeping out of sight, and we eventually won.

It really depends on the situation a CV player is in as to what support they can offer the rest of the team. Particularly the load out. The trouble is you can't change your config once you're in game and if you happen to pick a load out that gets dominated by what the other guy brings you're toast.

The only time I see poor CV play is when I'm not in one! Often they move too far forward, get spotted and nailed by every BB in range. I saw a T6 IJN CV near the centre islands on new dawn earlier today.  There are worse things than not spotting for you that they could be doing, remember that if there wasn't a CV at all in your battle you'd still have to cope with those un-spotted ships, you should be used to dealing with that.

411 posts
6,164 battles

+1 from me :great: being in a semi-potato team is lot better than being in a team with a semi-potato/potato cv...

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

I am TIRED of getting games where the BB on my team is some moron who just learned how to use a mouse and keyboard and decided to play Warships while the enemy team gets the amazing BB who tanks, supports the team and knows what he's doing.

I don't even enjoy when I get the good BB because I they carry the game too much

- Edited for clarity and accuracy by a random pleb.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,015 battles

Can we "Enable a no Princess option for Queing"

I feel this can improve my experience while playing this game as people who have hissy fits over everything in the game they don't like detracts from my fun and enjoyment.

127 posts
6,502 battles

Because divving with 2 fully AA specc'd AA cruisers will prevent that CV from actively spotting DDs that are trying to cap that are far from the CA's AA range and dropping said DDs? 

How are you even an ST?

I am TIRED of getting games where the BB on my team is some moron who just learned how to use a mouse and keyboard and decided to play Warships while the enemy team gets the amazing BB who tanks, supports the team and knows what he's doing.

I don't even enjoy when I get the good BB because I they carry the game too much

- Edited for clarity and accuracy by a random pleb.

Because a lone BB has the same carrying potential as a CV? Sick logic fam

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

Because divving with 2 fully AA specc'd AA cruisers will prevent that CV from actively spotting DDs that are trying to cap that are far from the CA's AA range and dropping said DDs? 

How are you even an ST?

humm, let's see, so bring a CV is out of the question for you?if you can do that, bringing AA ships ensures AA bubles around CAP ZONES, if that logic is too hard for you to understand then how are you even playing high tiers?