Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ahwai82

T8 cruisers need some attention

25 comments in this topic

1,006 posts
11,947 battles

T8 cruisers especially mogami and new orleans is totally useless when dropped into T10 match, any T10 ship have the advantage over them from guns to consumables to everything

the constant +2 make me stop playing mogami and new orleans, either do something to these ships or don't match them with T10

anyone can argue do this do that they got awesome match and so on but these 2 ships is not capable fighting ships in a +2 match

something should be done in my opinion

980 posts
12,782 battles

T8 cruisers especially mogami and new orleans is totally useless when dropped into T10 match, any T10 ship have the advantage over them from guns to consumables to everything

the constant +2 make me stop playing mogami and new orleans, either do something to these ships or don't match them with T10

anyone can argue do this do that they got awesome match and so on but these 2 ships is not capable fighting ships in a +2 match

something should be done in my opinion

I don't have Mogami, but I can very safely say that I have had so much fun in my New Orleans from burning down T10 cruisers and battleships from range. 

Also radaring Gearings in smoke, and then pummelling with my rapid HE fire. 

Not to mention how many ships in Tier 10 battles underestimate the power of the New Orleans AP. 

Also, don't forget the XP bonus for killing T10 ships in the Tier 8. ^^

[LYNMF]
464 posts
10,649 battles

I dont know about mogami but I don't see the point of NO apart from just being part of the tech tree

there's just no clear advantage of this ship or rather sheep :trollface:

from what i understand, T6 is suppose to meet T8 most of the time just like T5-T7

but playing T8 a lot since this weekend, I only got drawn to T10 most of the time

have T8 MM's been changed or something?!

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,928 battles

from what i understand, T6 is suppose to meet T8 most of the time just like T5-T7

but playing T8 a lot since this weekend, I only got drawn to T10 most of the time

have T8 MM's been changed or something?!

Permanent camos maybe? The benefits of the T10 permanents are vastly superior to lower tier's permacamos, which I have been trying (to no avail) to rank out to rack up some free doubloons for it. IIRC, you actually lose less credit with T10 permacamo than a T9 with permacamo.

EDIT:

T8 Camo 3000 Doubloons: -10% Repair costs, +50% EXP (75,000 x 0.9 = 67,500 net repair cost)

T9 Camo 4000 Doubloons: -20% Repair costs, +100% EXP (120,000 x 0.8 = 96,000 net repair cost)

T10 Camo 5000 Doubloons: -50 Repair costs, +100% EXP, +20% Credits (180,000 x 0.5 = 90,000 net repair cost, even less when factoring in +20% extra credits)

As you can see, for "only" extra 1000 - 2000 doubloons you earn so much more from T10 camos, and that with 10 is always being the top tier. That makes people who can afford this camo will only play T10. Hope this will change with some buffs to the T8/T9 camo bonuses.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

1,386 posts
8,365 battles

Why shouldn't they be? T8 are supposed to be crushed by T10, it's the same thing as how you crushed those T5 in a T7 ship. IDK how is the new New Orleans, but Mogami can be very powerful even in T10 games, only if you build her properly.

Edited by _Halcyon

1,006 posts
11,947 battles

I don't have Mogami, but I can very safely say that I have had so much fun in my New Orleans from burning down T10 cruisers and battleships from range. 

Also radaring Gearings in smoke, and then pummelling with my rapid HE fire. 

Not to mention how many ships in Tier 10 battles underestimate the power of the New Orleans AP. 

Also, don't forget the XP bonus for killing T10 ships in the Tier 8. ^^

good for you, my match mostly everyone stay far away and this is a problem until i wonder if everyone in the game just there for sightseeing..they move i can support they don't i'm just a fool doing nothing

Why shouldn't they be? T8 are supposed to be crushed by T10, it's the same thing as how you crushed those T5 in a T7 ship. IDK how is the new New Orleans, but Mogami can be very powerful even in T10 games, only if you build her properly.

This is why the mm is not good, anyone play any tier should have the equal chance to fight to do something but ships 2 tiers higher have the advantage. You me everyone can be very good at some ship even that the disadvantages is still there.

Mogami is very powerful because of the 15 guns and decent concealment if only i can use it, T10 ships prefer to bow on stay far away then mogami is not powerful anymore. These are very situational ship that either works or not at all.

I don't have edinburgh but the rest of them only chapayev can hold on its own even get up-tiered because it can stealth fire..the russian bias lol

[LYNMF]
464 posts
10,649 battles

anyone play any tier should have the equal chance to fight to do something but ships 2 tiers higher have the advantage. You me everyone can be very good at some ship even that the disadvantages is still there.

Hah!! Tell that to the Samuel B. Roberts in the Battle off Samar, it's like Tier -1 ship vs T8-T10 ships 

if they can do that in real life, surely you can do that in T8 vs T10 match 

p/s: I know you're just angry because you can't bully those leanders and clevelands enough :trollface:

1,006 posts
11,947 battles

Not for long m8 :teethhappy:

better i get to donskoi quick before the gone of stealth fire :teethhappy:

Hah!! Tell that to the Samuel B. Roberts in the Battle off Samar, it's like Tier -1 ship vs T8-T10 ships 

if they can do that in real life, surely you can do that in T8 vs T10 match 

p/s: I know you're just angry because you can't bully those leanders and clevelands enough :trollface:

hey you..why you tell ppl my secret..i can only do well bully others lower tier thats why im furious and angry get into +2 :angry:

892 posts
7,853 battles

Considering T7 ships are not supposed to get matched into T9 battles "often", I've had the "luck" of getting into T9 battles quite regularly in my T7 Pepsi-cola. RNGesus does not love me much

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,707 battles

The New Orleans is great at tier 8. When i went through mine, this was pre buff and she was awesome. 

Build her for WASD with modules and use your speed. After firing a few shots, go cold and let CE kick in so you can maneuver.

When up against T10 BBs i looked for these and HE spammed them. Fires against these vessels bring in glorious XP.

The radar is good in a pinch and the AP is awesome in close.

The ship shines late to mid tiers when the enemy has damaged vessels, so its about position and knowing when to not fire. For example the enemy BBs are now looking at you. Just stay cold until their turrets turn, BBs get impatient waiting for a target to re-appear.

[LYNMF]
464 posts
10,649 battles

The New Orleans is great at tier 8.

I beg to differ

Just look at the stats, stats don't lie 

2 weeks stats

GDiEr7g.jpg?1

All time stats

uikLlhd.jpg?1

1,006 posts
11,947 battles

Considering T7 ships are not supposed to get matched into T9 battles "often", I've had the "luck" of getting into T9 battles quite regularly in my T7 Pepsi-cola. RNGesus does not love me much

most annoying thing is that you take few K out they heal it back while you can't..they can fight you harder but you can't

The New Orleans is great at tier 8. When i went through mine, this was pre buff and she was awesome. 

Build her for WASD with modules and use your speed. After firing a few shots, go cold and let CE kick in so you can maneuver.

When up against T10 BBs i looked for these and HE spammed them. Fires against these vessels bring in glorious XP.

The radar is good in a pinch and the AP is awesome in close.

The ship shines late to mid tiers when the enemy has damaged vessels, so its about position and knowing when to not fire. For example the enemy BBs are now looking at you. Just stay cold until their turrets turn, BBs get impatient waiting for a target to re-appear.

find parking and well positioned is essential, i have success of course with it but not every match players wana get close to duke it out and this where new orleans and mogami have issue of making damages

ships like atago and kutuzov is fine well of course they are prem, one have heal one have smoke is like a layer of protection to fight harder and longer

Video Contributor
2,282 posts
10,924 battles

Permanent camos maybe? The benefits of the T10 permanents are vastly superior to lower tier's permacamos, which I have been trying (to no avail) to rank out to rack up some free doubloons for it. IIRC, you actually lose less credit with T10 permacamo than a T9 with permacamo.

EDIT:

T8 Camo 3000 Doubloons: -10% Repair costs, +50% EXP (75,000 x 0.9 = 67,500 net repair cost)

T9 Camo 4000 Doubloons: -20% Repair costs, +100% EXP (120,000 x 0.8 = 96,000 net repair cost)

T10 Camo 5000 Doubloons: -50 Repair costs, +100% EXP, +20% Credits (180,000 x 0.5 = 90,000 net repair cost, even less when factoring in +20% extra credits)

As you can see, for "only" extra 1000 - 2000 doubloons you earn so much more from T10 camos, and that with 10 is always being the top tier. That makes people who can afford this camo will only play T10. Hope this will change with some buffs to the T8/T9 camo bonuses.

With repair cost flag will cheaper and with 2-3star will not pay repair any cost because too cheap!!!

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I never had an issue on Mogami participating on tier 10 battle. I only act as support role and burn enemy ships. 

What I did on every ships I play: I read the map for enemy, assess the enemies on my flank, & keep myself updated on incoming enemies to reinforce the flank.

Being trigger happy is not my thing unless detected or enemy is distracted or YOLO'ing. Firing HE shells and being a support role to allies.

I have priority target perk, concealment expert perk, concealment upgrade, & camo for Mogami's survival.

Now you are saying these ships (Mogami & New Orleans) can't match with tier 10, obviously THEY CAN'T unless your tier 10 but you still get rekt if not careful. 

It's natural to get rekt by high tier ships BUT it's not impossible to avoid & be careful.

This concern is almost another copy with different wordings of the "+/-1 MM discussion" and the "Lowest ship tier can't go against highest tier" threads I've encountered months or years before this. Not & never again please..... :sceptic: 

[LYNMF]
464 posts
10,649 battles

I never had an issue on Mogami participating on tier 10 battle. I only act as support role and burn enemy ships. 

What I did on every ships I play: I read the map for enemy, assess the enemies on my flank, & keep myself updated on incoming enemies to reinforce the flank.

Being trigger happy is not my thing unless detected or enemy is distracted or YOLO'ing. Firing HE shells and being a support role to allies.

I have priority target perk, concealment expert perk, concealment upgrade, & camo for Mogami's survival.

Now you are saying these ships (Mogami & New Orleans) can't match with tier 10, obviously THEY CAN'T unless your tier 10 but you still get rekt if not careful. 

It's natural to get rekt by high tier ships BUT it's not impossible to avoid & be careful.

This concern is almost another copy with different wordings of the "+/-1 MM discussion" and the "Lowest ship tier can't go against highest tier" threads I've encountered months or years before this. Not & never again please..... :sceptic: 

hahaha, it's actually just another rant thread

look at the stats man, the difference in average damage, that should tells you the difference in ability between the top and the bottom ships

of course some people will do just fine in this ship, in fact they might do jut fine in krispy krim

you've got to look at the big picture, it's about the average joes who isn't really good enough but nit entirely bad enough, like me

1,006 posts
11,947 battles

nobody is saying a t8 ship should match T10, i mean not one person here suggest so lol

hahaha, it's actually just another rant thread

look at the stats man, the difference in average damage, that should tells you the difference in ability between the top and the bottom ships

of course some people will do just fine in this ship, in fact they might do jut fine in krispy krim

you've got to look at the big picture, it's about the average joes who isn't really good enough but nit entirely bad enough, like me

the stats is really bad for new orleans haha but not surprised

poor new orleans

1,006 posts
11,947 battles

If T8 cruisers got more attention, who's gonna pay more "attention" to Atago and Kutuzov? :trollface: 

(As if money explains everything....)

true...:teethhappy:

[MEGA]
4,679 posts
18,030 battles

something something NO isnt good in T10

as long as you can WASD, the NO is a amazing ship, she has already become my favorite T8 even above MK and atago, her damage potential and WASD powers makes her a AMAZING t8shot-17.03.20_21.51.51-0894.jpgshot-17.03.20_21.51.57-0418.jpg

shot-17.03.20_21.51.51-0894.jpg

shot-17.03.20_21.51.57-0418.jpg

420 posts
20 battles

If you're using 155mm gun, use IFHE. aim for superstructure, bow, and stern instead just superstructure.

If your shell not penetrating, it will only do half fire chance. So -3 fire chance from the skill is not actually bad thing.

Edited by Zwelivelle

1,006 posts
11,947 battles

If you're using 155mm gun, use IFHE. aim for superstructure, bow, and stern instead just superstructure.

If your shell not penetrating, it will only do half fire chance. So -3 fire chance from the skill is not actually bad thing.

dont have the points yet for IFHE as i take CE first so can be a wannabe ninja

203 or 155 which much better? i didnt research the 203 yet going for hull first

420 posts
20 battles

155, but needs IFHE

1,386 posts
8,365 battles

155mm with IFHE totally crush 203mm if you can get used to the turret transverse.

1,006 posts
11,947 battles

155mm with IFHE totally crush 203mm if you can get used to the turret transverse.

i think what i need is quit this line :teethhappy:

never gonna touch mogami again, try play 2 match today nothing but horrible mess of nothingness lol

Sign in to follow this