You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ordrazz

RANT - All 3 horrors upon us all yesterday ! the Apocalypse is here !

28 comments in this topic

1,488 posts

I couldn't believe this was happening yesterday, but it did, & I tried different parts of the day...

We had ultra bad MM, bad to very bad potato teams. AND RNGesus !!

I could understand the potato players being on a weekend, that's normal, but to have all 3 all day, even if I logged off for a few hours, is just beyond a joke.

Now, I am the first to admit my win rate is bad, as you all know, I don't much care for it, But despite that I am a pretty good player, & my damage had been improving to about a minimum of at least 50,000 - 60,000 or more per match, even on potato days,  (insert comments here, to laugh at my base damage if you must.                                  )

but, when RNG takes over, then my damage falls, & even shots that normally hit or do damage, bounces, or doesn't hit at all...

This too, grudgingly is acceptable as we all know it happens

Same with the stupid MM, we all know it happens, not every match normally, but makes it very uncomfortable being say a tier 6 in a tier 8 or 9 battle, or tier 5 in a tier 8 battle..

I know the word is that the MM isn't supposed to let this happen but it does, the other day we had south Carolina's in a konig/arizona/Cleveland match, & a kawachi in a new Mexico match...

But, until yesterday (Sunday), I have never experienced all 3 demons ALL day...

Could the +200% have any deciding factor On these demons?  Do using premium ships have any bearing on how much punishment you are to experience?  Do  playing premium ships open you up to be in bigger tiers, or worse MM?  

It seemed to me that it was happening no matter what ship I played, premium or otherwise, but why oh why, was I put with crap players in almost EVERY match??? Is it because the MM knows I'm a good player? 

The only matches I won, were ones of low scoring, so I never got much out of making use of the +200%,  how can I make good use of it when the game deliberately makes me be in bad teams to lose every match, & then gives me a token small win, to remove the bonus, so that I can't have a big win??

It's like playing on the pokies, you put $50 in, you lose most of it, then you win $5... You leave wondering what the point was..

Does the game go into bad mode when events like this happen?

:izmena::angry:

Your thoughts & theories please... , + no joking or slamming my win rate, stats or amount of damage done per game please..

Ordrazz

360 posts
3,693 battles

I got 2 devasting strike, 1 denotation from other players as what wg says fun and engaging, potato team, bad MM, rng hates me during weekend. I even top a few times at the lost team. No one like losses but oh welllll we have to accept that..

Edited by th3vikings

35 posts
4,514 battles

I had quite a few good games until trying with the Iowa and each game was dismal - it was the green team vs pro team every time and after 5 games I switched it off, before the keyboard went through the monitor.

I watched a Zao captain totally abandon a Montana and leave it to get burnt to death by a DD whilst also getting hit by a Missouri.   I was virtually screaming at the Zao to get back into the fight.....which he did, after the Montana was sunk and then proceeded to get sunk himself.

The quality of teamwork seemed to be the issue.

I do wish the Match Making could balance out the teams based on some skill level though - those close games are always the most fun.

435 posts
6,169 battles

There’re two styles of games, one a fast placed all in shoot them up and the other slower using strategies.

For me it’s the latter, it’s not “boring”, it’s satisfying, far better engagements with tactics than just rushing in. And when teams are makeup of strategizing players the game last alot longer and are more balance, rewarding and its feels like you haven’t just wasted your time.

But sadly WG thinks the game should move at a faster place. E.g. developers talking about eliminating bow on tactics, stealth firing and sniping (yet some ships are design that way). Faster placed means for more arcade features like minmap ship class names, radio location and more razzle dazzle.

All this means more potato players filling the queue, unskilled, shoot them up and rush in and die players. With so many more potato players there far more un-balanced games than ever before. With more un-balance games the odds of having a run of bad games is much higher and you Ordrazz just got the thick end of randomization, the thick end of WG push.

I still think it’s random but just the odds for un-balance games are far higher.  

Edited by BuckleUpBones

[BRU]
279 posts
2,079 battles

Could the +200% have any deciding factor On these demons? 

Yes. Aside from it being on a weekend.

35 posts
4,514 battles

I am with BuckleUp - I like the somewhat fast paced nature of the game as it fits in well with family life, but with a good chunk of strategy as well.  Nothing better than working with team mates, Cruisers clearing out the DDs, DDs laying down smoke, BBs positioned well to tank some damage - and a decent sprawl of tactics really help, I was totally crap in the Amagi until I learnt to play her like the drunk at a party - all over the place, causing trouble at every opportunity.......what a good feeling it was to start getting some good games with her.  My latest journey with Izumo has been similar. 

And I don't mind getting smashed by a player that knows exactly how to play their ship and hit me where it hurts, but I do mind getting wrecked when I am just with a fleet of captains who are just aimless.

Edited by OzricBarnacles

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

I am with BuckleUp - I like the somewhat fast paced nature of the game as it fits in well with family life, but with a good chunk of strategy as well.  Nothing better than working with team mates, Cruisers clearing out the DDs, DDs laying down smoke, BBs positioned well to tank some damage - and a decent sprawl of tactics really help, I was totally crap in the Amagi until I learnt to play her like the drunk at a party - all over the place, causing trouble at every opportunity.......what a good feeling it was to start getting some good games with her.  My latest journey with Izumo has been similar. 

And I don't mind getting smashed by a player that knows exactly how to play their ship and hit me where it hurts, but I do mind getting wrecked when I am just with a fleet of captains who are just aimless.

When does this happen?

If ever..........

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,859 battles

Same with the stupid MM, we all know it happens, not every match normally, but makes it very uncomfortable being say a tier 6 in a tier 8 or 9 battle, or tier 5 in a tier 8 battle..

I know the word is that the MM isn't supposed to let this happen but it does, the other day we had south Carolina's in a konig/arizona/Cleveland match, & a kawachi in a new Mexico match...

Is that a faildiv you are talking about?

OTOH, I have been in a same boat with you yesterday (Sunday). Lucky 7 streak of losses in a row where many of them I was top exp in as a bottom tier. RNG in some/many games are really merciful (/s). You know it's not your day when your damage per shot is consistently less than overpen damage. (I remembered getting only 17k out of 41 hits on broadsiding targets in my NC a few months ago.)

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

980 posts
12,617 battles

Just a bad day, mate. 

My best recommendation - sail in an Arizona on potato weekends. The number of cruisers that will sail broadside for you is mouth watering. Aim and KA BOOM. 

1,105 posts

well.... stop blaming team and play CV.....

i am PEEKING YOUR STAT AND YOU HAVE THE OP SAIPAN :V

man, SAIPAN can destroy ANYTHING WITHOUT WORRY ABOUT AA DEFENSE!

SHOW THEM! the power of P2W!

Rant :

:( i want to play Warship, but still working on my thesis exam......

I will be back!  RUSH TO HAKURYU!! (or trying USN CV first :V)

[ATLAS]
50 posts
10,445 battles

If you have a bad team+losing streak just stop playing for a while and come back later, also playing in division helps too.

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Yesterday, 4/5 of my BBs, when we spawned north in North Domination, headed to D cap.

No doubt, our team became target practice.

WG MM when?

307 posts
6,412 battles

I couldn't believe this was happening yesterday, but it did, & I tried different parts of the day...

We had ultra bad MM, bad to very bad potato teams. AND RNGesus !!

It seemed to me that it was happening no matter what ship I played, premium or otherwise, but why oh why, was I put with crap players in almost EVERY match??? Is it because the MM knows I'm a good player? 

The only matches I won, were ones of low scoring, so I never got much out of making use of the +200%,

Your thoughts & theories please... , + no joking or slamming my win rate, stats or amount of damage done per game please..

Ordrazz

Hey mate well you played 25 games yesterday and base on this you actually averaged higher win rate than your overall average.  While i suspect your comments expressed that these where low scoring games, the fact is that you did improve overall on the day.   I had a shocking Saturday but made up for it Sunday.... which overall means i did better than my average by about 10%.  and about 4.5% over the period of 7 days.  While your weekend was not a blinding success and the MM stuff you up, you still improved so chin up.

2,221 posts
13,701 battles

Im actually starting to wonder if it is better to have bad aim. I have had that many salvos land in a circle around the ship who didn't get hit by any of them. Had I aimed slightly off they would have got hit by a few shells.

Edited by keskparane

341 posts
4,020 battles

Yesterday, I put a full AP salvo right into the waterline of a Shchors and got 10 overpens for some weird reason. Next battle I got detted by the first AP shell that hit me while not even detected.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

You all Salty sailors need me on your team... :trollface: I am King of Potatoes...

Anyone has a Problem with that? 1v1 me and I'll make sure I lose it :trollface:... Gib me all your salt... I sell it for good money...

There is a saying When you cannot change them, Become one of them... 

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

1,105 posts

You all Salty sailors need me on your team... :trollface: I am King of Potatoes...

Anyone has a Problem with that? 1v1 me and I'll make sure I lose it :trollface:... Gib me all your salt... I sell it for good money...

There is a saying When you cannot change them, Become one of them... 

WE ARE POTATO BROTHERHOOD!!! 

HOWLING SHEET! YEAAAH! :honoring:

your red stat is awesome bro :V

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

WE ARE POTATO BROTHERHOOD!!! 

HOWLING SHEET! YEAAAH! :honoring:

your red stat is awesome bro :V

actually he have 54% wn8. Just asia warships is faulty

When someone actually care on stats. 

Edited by Safiuddin97

980 posts
12,617 battles

Yesterday, I put a full AP salvo right into the waterline of a Shchors and got 10 overpens for some weird reason. Next battle I got detted by the first AP shell that hit me while not even detected.

wtf

892 posts
7,853 battles

What ship were you using that resulted in the 10 overpens and from what range?

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

actually he have 54% wn8. Just asia warships is faulty

When someone actually care on stats. 

Why Senpai.... WHY!!!!??? Why you embarrass me like that?? 

Well... TBH lot of forumers do care about stats.. just saying...

inb4 someone bans me...

I have bad day everyday and I enjoy it... :D because Everyday I'm shuffling....

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

892 posts
7,853 battles

Why Senpai.... WHY!!!!??? Why you embarrass me like that?? 

Well... TBH lot of forumers do care about stats.. just saying...

​To me, the stats indicate whether one is improving in game or the reverse. I tend to "think" about how I performed and how do I improve to avoid making the same mistakes especially coming out of a lost battle.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

​To me, the stats indicate whether one is improving in game or the reverse. I tend to "think" about how I performed and how do I improve to avoid making the same mistakes especially coming out of a lost battle.

That is the point isn't it... I said they care about stats didn't explain why... I do that as well..

I get worse.. you get better that is the difference... :trollface: