You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

Why we should get free captain reset with 0.6.3.0

36 comments in this topic

2,214 posts
13,673 battles

With the upcoming changes in 0.6.3.0 I think WG should give another free captain reset. My reasoning being based on the expectation of a nerf to stealth firing that will make some captain builds become inappropriate. 

Some captains will have selected AFT to maximize their stealth firing where now skills aimed at minimizing damage taken like HE, JOAT, BOS, SE, SI, VI, or FP will become a better choice.

Some captains will have selected AFT to maximize their stealth firing where now skills aimed at maximizing damage inflicted like AR, TAE, BFT, DE, IFHE will become a better choice.

I expect AFT isn't the only skill that has been selected by some due to stealth firing but it is an obvious example.

Consider for example an IJN DD. With stealth firing there is a reason to maximize the gun performance, taking EM, BFT, & AFT allow you to inflict a decent amount of damage. With stealth firing removed TAE makes a lot more sense.

The biggest problem here is that to remove any single skill you have to reset all the skills, and at up to 425 doubloons per captain I think that is an unreasonable expense to essentially force on players.

Thoughts?

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,339 battles

damn, skill reset again?!!!

while I appreciate the chance to reset the skill once again on some captains, I do feel WG should make an option or 1db discount like before because that's a lot of captains to reconfigure and testing

and a lot of research to be make before appropriate choice can be make

better save my captains build before times runs out and hopefully can test the new build in ptserver 

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

I can make no sense of this. What was 155 and is now 130?

AFT back then affected 155mm guns and below but now it's 139mm guns and below.

EDIT: or should i say....both BFT and AFT...

Edited by Shiroyasha_Gintoki

[LBAS]
4,454 posts
25,589 battles

damn, skill reset again?!!!

while I appreciate the chance to reset the skill once again on some captains, I do feel WG should make an option or 1db discount like before because that's a lot of captains to reconfigure and testing

and a lot of research to be make before appropriate choice can be make

better save my captains build before times runs out and hopefully can test the new build in ptserver 

1db is bad idea, not enough for me, 60 captains x 10 points =600 , no no no

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,339 battles

1db is bad idea, not enough for me, 60 captains x 10 points =600 , no no no

then make it 1db per captain not per point, that's 60 pts for 60 captain, not enough yet?! :trollface:

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,550 battles

then make it 1db per captain not per point, that's 60 pts for 60 captain, not enough yet?! :trollface:

im cheepskate dont have doubleballoons :trollface:

1,124 posts

at first, stealth firing is only by chance, a gap overlap between stealth and gun range and WG won't pay much attention to it.

but recently, more and more player grow found to it, more and more build their ship/captain solely for that, more using it to their advantage

until WG can't overlook it anymore.

well, I don't have a ship with stealth fire perk, so I don't mind if they gonna reset or not.

892 posts
7,853 battles

I'm all for a captain skill reset with the upcoming 0.6.3. DD captains will need to re-consider the wisdom of having points allocated to AFT with the impending "tweak" to remove invisi-fire

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,339 battles

I'm all for a captain skill reset with the upcoming 0.6.3. DD captains will need to re-consider the wisdom of having points allocated to AFT with the impending "tweak" to remove invisi-fire

i don't know about that

does US DD really need AFT?! I really hate that shell bloom more towards the moon with aft :facepalm:

1,479 posts

Not another captain's skill reset!?!?

I've only now just got my captains about where they were when the sklls were split, without the fire control because I haven't got enough points to do it, I do not want to go through that again.....

How about a skill reset for only DD captains, to stop them whining & whingeing about the pending removal of the cheat invisi fire mechanism... That would keep the bulk of us happy, as people like me with a million ships (ok ok exaggeration :trollface: ) will not have to spend 100 days fixing our captains again.

Ordrazz

892 posts
7,853 battles

i don't know about that

does US DD really need AFT?! I really hate that shell bloom more towards the moon with aft :facepalm:

​With current invisi-firing, AFT is workable even for USN DD with their sub-orbital shell arcs. Hence I am saying with the removal of invisi-firing, 4 points on AFT may be better vested to other skills

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

I hope there is no re-spec, for a long time its been stated that invisifiring was to be changed/removed as its not an intended feature.

Allowing a re-spec so people can do more dmg rather than range is just a cop out for the meta build you had at the time. Use the captain with range or re-train. Id hate to see a re-spec for captains for this.

2,214 posts
13,673 battles

I hope there is no re-spec, for a long time its been stated that invisifiring was to be changed/removed as its not an intended feature.

Allowing a re-spec so people can do more dmg rather than range is just a cop out for the meta build you had at the time. Use the captain with range or re-train. Id hate to see a re-spec for captains for this.

So you are saying you should pay for what you want? I already did that. Now what I paid for is being removed.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,339 battles

So you are saying you should pay for what you want? I already did that. Now what I paid for is being removed.

likewise, i just paid for reset a captain last week, if I know this is gonna happen....

what a waste of db