You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DeadlyDeeevil

RU VS USN DD'S

6 comments in this topic

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

What's better? They are pretty similar thats why i'm asking.

They are not 'pretty similiar'. RUDD is more focused on using a mix of speed, range and gun arcs to fight enemies. RUDDs have slightly larger guns allowing them to citadel cruisers easily. RUDD from T8 onwards have usable torps. USN DDs have better camo, worse arcs, and worse speed. The arcs can be used to sit behind an island and lob shells. USNDDs have a better RoF. USN DDs have to fight closer than RU DDs as they have rainbow arcs. USN gets decent torps from T7 onwards. They also get the best smokes in the game.

So coming to your question of 'what's better', it depends on your playstyle. Ultimately, both lines have their own playstyles and as a player who has played both lines to a decent extent, I think both are good.

525 posts
7,946 battles

They are not 'pretty similiar'. RUDD is more focused on using a mix of speed, range and gun arcs to fight enemies. RUDDs have slightly larger guns allowing them to citadel cruisers easily. RUDD from T8 onwards have usable torps. USN DDs have better camo, worse arcs, and worse speed. The arcs can be used to sit behind an island and lob shells. USNDDs have a better RoF. USN DDs have to fight closer than RU DDs as they have rainbow arcs. USN gets decent torps from T7 onwards. They also get the best smokes in the game.

So coming to your question of 'what's better', it depends on your playstyle. Ultimately, both lines have their own playstyles and as a player who has played both lines to a decent extent, I think both are good.

basically this, but the USN actually have the best torps in T9 and T10, in terms of actually hitting something, compared to the IJN

173 posts
5,332 battles

long-range sniper = RU DD

close range knifefighter = USN DD

General playstyle:

RU DD

spot -> burn BB -> kill DD -> cap -> burn BB again

USN DD

spot -> cap -> kill DD -> cap again -> burn BB 

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,371 battles

RU DD -> Broken Super OP HE Spammer DD line with lots of love from WG

Fantastic shell arch. The whole line are basicly mini kutuzov

US DD -> The only US ship line that actually good enough nowadays. 

Terrible shell arch though.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

RU DDs.... HE spammers... Which cannot really contest caps when they are at high tiers because of their concealment issues... But in Lower tiers are really good DDs...but to play them I'd say play USN DDs...

USN DDs... I'd say play these DDs first because these are good DDs from Clemson all they up to Gearing... These have good concealment... Good guns...can be used as torpedo boats from Mahan lower tiers also can be used but you need to have courage to get close to torp... Clemson has 4x3 with 5kms range setup same goes for Nicolas... Farragut is considered as best DD in T6... Mahan is just like an okayish ship in the game then Benson is Best DD in it's tier... Fletcher and Gearing are best DDs as well...

I'd suggest before playing RU DDs play USN DDs because they can be used both as Gun boats and torpedo boats...And can be good trainers for how to gun boat or torpedo boat

But there is saying WG Hates USN 

Edited by Aaditya_AJ