You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

Fail to lock for manual secondaries

11 comments in this topic

2,225 posts
13,751 battles

1. Description

FDG (and possibly another ship the first time) wasn't able to select a target for the manual secondaries.

2. Reproduction steps

Held down the CTRL key, clicked on target but target would not go to auto. It's a pretty normal feature that normally works but I have now had trouble with for a second time just recently.

3. Result

Secondaries would not work.

4. Expected result

Get auto lock on target and secondaries fire.

5. Technical details

Time 0:54:10

2,225 posts
13,751 battles

I tried everything I could see. At one point I did see the auto message pop up for a sec (didn't click it in time) but if I recall it was when my pointer was well below the ship. I kept moving the pointer around but didn't see it appear again.

1,498 posts

I've had this in numerous battles too for some reason secondaries or AA won't lock, not matter where I click, or what target I select... Even it is a DD right next to me...

Ordrazz 

1,070 posts
3,850 battles

Was working ok yesterday,but have had this problem for a week or two.

Was also being discussed on the NA forum as well recently:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/118640-cant-use-manual-secondaries/page__p__2869570#entry2869570

EDIT:

Just played a PvE game in my Tirpitz.Man sec I only got to lock once,and could not get the lock for standard AA on any planes either at any time.Which was a major pain as the enemy CV had it in for me big time!

Played a bunch of games before this and worked ok.

Edited by BanditSE1977

2,225 posts
13,751 battles

FYI just had another game where it happened.

Akizuki couldn't select squadron mid game. Came right shortly after (like 30 seconds or so)
Time: Around  23:08. Not long after I got into B cap I tried to select the planes.

1,107 posts
7,849 battles

Yeah, got this bug to recently on kurfurst

I need to click on targeted ship, litteraly on the ships itself. which is problem when target is far away, even on 7km target, need to click in binocular mode somewhat for it to work

it also cant be clicked if target behind obstacles (spoted by friendly ships ofc )

Usualy you  the detection box is large, not requiring precise point nor direct line of sight

Edited by humusz

[AUSNZ]
59 posts
11,704 battles

I need to click on targeted ship, litteraly on the ships itself. which is problem when target is far away, even on 7km target, need to click in binocular mode somewhat for it to work

it also cant be clicked if target behind obstacles (spoted by friendly ships ofc )

Yes this, just happened to me in the bismark... totally ruined the game.   Turned out i also had to click the actual 'ship' icon, so behind an island or detected but in smoke i could not click it... terrible.  hoping they did not change the controls... ill restart the PC and see if it goes away.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I able to replicate the bug several time this morning gaming session but it's very intermittent.

After the battle when I encountered the bug, I enter the battle again on same ship and secondary & AA lock are working again.

Had frequent alt+tabbing when I'm in the port or when entered the queue. 

2,225 posts
13,751 battles

I able to replicate the bug several time this morning gaming session but it's very intermittent.

After the battle when I encountered the bug, I enter the battle again on same ship and secondary & AA lock are working again.

Had frequent alt+tabbing when I'm in the port or when entered the queue. 

I do ALT + TAB quite often.