Sign in to follow this  
ellofiend

What is going on with carriers? USN vs IJN / economy

2 comments in this topic

283 posts
3,561 battles

Hi its ellofiend here and I was just reading through some forums about the aircraft carriers and was wondering what is going on? USN seems to absolutely wipe the floor with IJN carriers up till tier 6 when ryujo counters independence and then Saipan wrecks Hiryu then the IJN line is somehow better than USN? I played langley and i thought I was pretty good with on average about 50-80k at tier 4 and I mean how doe USN cv's get so broken so quickly? Please explain how the tier 8 on IJN carriers are better then tier 8 on USN carriers.

At the moment I have the bogue and Hosho and I am having bad experiences with both particularly the hosho, is it meant to teach IJN cv drivers lessons because all I have learned is to spam torpedo bombers at langley's at the beginning of the game then you can live freely without harassment. Is this a viable tactic? also is it meant to be easier after reaching ryujo/hiryu? I would like to know before I start moving up the line and wasting money on a line that is much too difficult to learn and cost too much to sell after giving up, ON the topic of costs, WHY are cv cost so supposedly expensive compared to battleships? why do they find it so hard to earn a profit? Is wargaming going to fix this broken model? I like the carrier gameplay and micromanaging but I just find it too hard to evade USN carrier at lower tiers and also I know I am usually missing so something so please be patient with my ignorance of these issues

Regards ellofiend 

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

ok, to answer that why ijn cv became better than usn in t8 and up, The answer is the captain's experience. IJN cv are underdog due to ijn planes easily get shot down thus making the player more sensitive to minimap and creating plans to where to attact with less plane casualty. fighting against saipan was more challenging since it got a high tier plane which make the ijn player more careful than the last tier. so when he got a t8 ijn cv which has more balance load out or situational loadout, he can overcome usn cv with better stats of cv and plane according on what i observed. and about the income, wg lessen the income to make players stay at mid tier (so newcomers wont get behind if all players play mostly in high tier)

Sign in to follow this