You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Nishthedestroyer

Danae guide Pls!

47 comments in this topic

980 posts
12,617 battles

i thought you were enjoying the RN cruiser grind?

I know how to play the danae well...what aspects of danae gameplay do you need help with. 

185 posts
584 battles

i thought you were enjoying the RN cruiser grind?

I know how to play the danae well...what aspects of danae gameplay do you need help with. 

Just how to play effectively and get to the Emerald quickly l 

Without flags or any camo other than the type 2

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

ahh, the Danae.  It is a decent ship that disappears when anyone sneezes on you, and it has no smoke yet decent concealment and torps.

You are a USN DD with heal but no smoke.  Hug islands, use torps.  Use your maneuverability to dodge shells (and don't take ANY BB shell).

185 posts
584 battles

ahh, the Danae.  It is a decent ship that disappears when anyone sneezes on you, and it has no smoke yet decent concealment and torps.

You are a USN DD with heal but no smoke.  Hug islands, use torps.  Use your maneuverability to dodge shells (and don't take ANY BB shell).

Thanks a lot for that xxscore I will try it out and seebut I love the rn torps so much because of the individual fire

423 posts

To play the Danae well, you need to play it like an unbuffed Pepsi in short.

You have no armor and EVERYTHING will cit you from most angles, even dd's.

Once you understand that, you can begin to get gud.  I have gotten several Krakens with the ship. 

If you don't have any experience with Pepsi, then

Ask yourself these questions and leave answers below them.  

1.  What is your ship designed to kill in the game?

2. What is/are your biggest weaknesses?

3. What is/are your biggest advantages?

4. What captain skills will help you with your weaknesses and advantages?

5. Are you willing to pay with frustration to learn how to get gud with the ship?

Edited by BunnyDragon

980 posts
12,617 battles

To play the Danae well, you need to play it like an unbuffed Pepsi in short.

You have no armor and EVERYTHING will cit you from most angles, even dd's.

Once you understand that, you can begin to get gud.  I have gotten several Krakens with the ship. 

If you don't have any experience with Pepsi, then

Ask yourself these questions and leave answers below them.  

1.  What is your ship designed to kill in the game?

2. What is/are your biggest weaknesses?

3. What is/are your biggest advantages?

4. What captain skills will help you with your weaknesses and advantages?

5. Are you willing to pay with frustration to learn how to get gud with the ship?

1. Designed to kill battleships and Torpedo aircraft carriers - it's basically a big destroyer. 

2. Biggest weakness is acceleration - I cant seem to dodge incoming shells by accelerating from stationery in the danae. 

3. Biggest advantage is manoeuvrability - danae is great for baiting enemy battleships to shoot to distract them from your team mates. 

4. Best captain skill is demolition expert - when you close in on aircraft carriers to torp them, the secondaries can set more fires to the CV, preventing it from launching aircraft against you. 

5. I got 100k + and Kraken every game I played in danae, what frustration??? 

Edited by LordTyphoon

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Play it like a CL... Be a support rather than being too confident.. Move with the group... In later stages of the game when the enemies are scattered you can pick out on the other Cruisers and DDs... You Just cannot go alone against BBs because you are not armored... Your armor is almost as much as a DD... 

You got Best AP, Torpedoes which if you are good enough will never miss, Good Maneuverability... Being support ship is all you can do in first 10mins...

423 posts

1. Designed to kill battleships and Torpedo aircraft carriers - it's basically a big destroyer. 

​    I use the ship to kill cruisers and dds. 

2. Biggest weakness is acceleration - I cant seem to dodge incoming shells by accelerating from stationery in the danae. 

Broadside for me, always have to move side to side for guns and dodging

3. Biggest advantage is manoeuvrability - danae is great for baiting enemy battleships to shoot to distract them from your team mates. 

Your ap and torps.  You can delete crusiers and dds in 1 or 2 salvos with ap and your torps can kill bbs up close (if you manange not to die to range). 

4. Best captain skill is demolition expert - when you close in on aircraft carriers to torp them, the secondaries can set more fires to the CV, preventing it from launching aircraft against you. 

Adren. Rush with super and Priority target,  faster reload when hit, extra heal, and lets you know when people want to shoot you.

I have broadside issues as I'm a bb main.

980 posts
12,617 battles

​    I use the ship to kill cruisers and dds. 

Broadside for me, always have to move side to side for guns and dodging

Your ap and torps.  You can delete crusiers and dds in 1 or 2 salvos with ap and your torps can kill bbs up close (if you manange not to die to range). 

Adren. Rush with super and Priority target,  faster reload when hit, extra heal, and lets you know when people want to shoot you.

I have broadside issues as I'm a bb main.

I guess obvious troll was not obvious. 

1,342 posts
8,858 battles

To be honest, I kinda skipped all the way to the Leander so can't help you much here. :hiding:

Played mostly Coop until Danae, played a few Random Battles, hated her, played coop until Emerald, then got the Leander for free thanks to the Xmas Convoy missions. Loved the Leander and grinded through her in no time, and Fiji is a blast to play as well.

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,447 battles

Danae biggest strength is her island ambush where her excellent torp will make short work of anything that is overconfidence.Danae is a blood experience because Emerald face the same problem as her and will meet 16 inches ship regularly. Do not rely on your Ap against bb and only open fire against distracted targets.Your gun lack range, damage per salvo and lack of he meaning you better off not firing it until you are in optimum position.Do not count on it to win gunfight with oher cruiser, it is however deadly to any nearby dd.

Tl,dr: make maximum use of natural cover and bait enemy to chase you for an island ambush.do not rely on your gun to face anyhing that is not a dd

[LBAS]
4,475 posts
25,652 battles

but beware her armor is weak, my clemson can score few citidels very easy with HE shell
Edited by MatterCore

671 posts
1,508 battles

Guys is it true?? 

Theres no "bad ship" to be exact. Only ships people don't like or like. Does the Minotaur fit your taste? If it does it's a good ship for you, if it doesn't it's a bad ship for you then.

109 posts
5,101 battles

Guys is it true?? 

Yep, it sucks but it has protected MM (+-1) so it's kinda OK. Poor Emerald

Danae works best if you're top tier. Your primary targets are squishy IJN CLs, Phoenix and enemy DDs. RN 152 mm has short fuse time => less overpen vs DDs so you can kill them quickly

About BBs, Danae has the lowest HP out of tier IV CLs so BBs are the bane of your existence, 1 citadel hit and you lost 1/2 of your HP. Don't bother shooting them when they're angled => non-penetration. Shoot them only when there is ally BBs nearby and torp them when they are in-range

TL;DR, hug island, get close, kill DDs, citadel CLs, torp BBs and use WASD hack