Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

Potato need help, my tier 8 credit gain is SO LOW

25 comments in this topic

1,105 posts

Rant :

running Hiryu, deal 50K damage, get 120k credit.....

running Shokaku, deal 80K damage, GET 90K credit.....

howling sheet!

please tell me bro, what is the best way to gain more credit and xp. how the heck people farm their Yamato or Hakuryu, if the credit gain are so low?

[ i am planning to get premium acc LOL, but if i did i am afraid i cannt save my money for buying graf zeppelin. WoW is not the only game i am using $$$$$$... man, why most MMO today are P2W -_-  ]

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

CVs have terrible credit gain, even with flags and camo.  You pretty much need premium account to even break even in higher tier CVs.

Instead, play surface ships.

1,105 posts

CVs have terrible credit gain, even with flags and camo.  You pretty much need premium account to even break even in higher tier CVs.

Instead, play surface ships.

its so weird, when i am in Hiryu i got a lot. but in the Shokaku i get LESS.... 

did tier +8 surface ship have better credit gain? well.... i can't play surface ship.

Buy a tier 8 premium ship with premium time.

CV got very bad credit earning now...

play anything that is NOT cv. and u'll see the credit gain is pretty good.

I AM TOTAL POTATO..... just saying my average damage in surface ship is 15K~20K..... 

http://asia.wows-numbers.com/player/2015039434,Skarhabek/     << i am not lying

lel, CV are da best for potato :child:

#starting to play USN CV >> leveling Steven Seagall to lvl 10 >> Buy Saipan :v >> profit >> play Shokaku again

Super Tester
1,310 posts

#starting to play USN CV >> leveling Steven Seagall to lvl 10 >> Buy Saipan :v >> profit >> play Shokaku again

well

if u can get the saipan. that good for u.

also. seagul captain is good for CA/BB

not much for CV.

[LNA]
1,671 posts
10,499 battles

Rant :

howling sheet!

please tell me bro, what is the best way to gain more credit and xp. how the heck people farm their Yamato or Hakuryu, if the credit gain are so low?

[ i am planning to get premium acc LOL, but if i did i am afraid i cannt save my money for buying graf zeppelin. WoW is not the only game i am using $$$$$$... man, why most MMO today are P2W -_-  ]

To OP , about the credit matter : it doesnt matter how much in number the damage you do , only the damage based on percentage of the enemy ship that's matter for credit calculation. Tier VIII has alot more HP on average than tier VII and therefore in theory you have to deal more damage than the tier previous to get even.

Now , only carrier tier IX and X will likely lose money on a run , but not Shokaku and Lexi running strike. Both have the tools needed to inflict sufficient damage to break even on a match. The problem is who you target : destroying a full health dd is the same as sending an 66k HP BB to meet Davy Jones' Locker. I can have a game that deal only 40k damage as Shokaku and still get 120k credits.

Balance yourself between striking to win the game and striking to get yourself out of debt. DO NOT BE TEMPTED to go for high damage on BB , many of the times making DD screams something that start with F is alot more profitable although ofc it takes practice to make the cry.

Also do not be afraid to keep FT near AA ship ( near but not in their AA range ) , this will annoy them alot while ourside big guns will help you to clear them.

IJN cruisers , VMF cruisers are also top choice to screw up since they cant turn very well although you need to bait their DF AA fire 1st.

1,105 posts

To OP , about the credit matter : it doesnt matter how much in number the damage you do , only the damage based on percentage of the enemy ship that's matter for credit calculation. Tier VIII has alot more HP on average than tier VII and therefore in theory you have to deal more damage than the tier previous to get even.

Now , only carrier tier IX and X will likely lose money on a run , but not Shokaku and Lexi running strike. Both have the tools needed to inflict sufficient damage to break even on a match. The problem is who you target : destroying a full health dd is the same as sending an 66k HP BB to meet Davy Jones' Locker. I can have a game that deal only 40k damage as Shokaku and still get 120k credits.

now i am understand why.....its about HP percentage

also. seagul captain is good for CA/BB

not much for CV.

what? is that Seagall captain have another effect? i though Seagall will look more awesome in CV :v

playing CV without Air Supremacy commander skill is just suicide. so need to leveling again :sceptic:

Then go get a Missouri. I heard it print credits even if you had a bad game.

Missouri is unobtainable.....

1,356 posts
8,894 battles

now i am understand why.....its about HP percentage

what? is that Seagall captain have another effect? i though Seagall will look more awesome in CV :v

playing CV without Air Supremacy commander skill is just suicide. so need to leveling again :sceptic:

Missouri is unobtainable.....

Seagall captain has bonuses for the Expert Marksman and Expert Loader skills I believe.

I think it is 75% instead of 50% for EL and faster turret traverse for EM (forgot the exact value).

So yeah he is best used for BBs I guess.

1,070 posts
3,850 battles

Firstly looking at your service record you are still new to T8,and earning credits is a lot harder once you get up to those tiers.You have to play very well to make sure you are earning decently,especially if you are not using premium time.

Also the economy changes last year made damage dealt to the enemy less important,and the following more important:

Potential damage received

Capping

Defending Cap

There is also spotting damage although I don't know how much that affects it as well.

Plus fixed repair costs for ships also has some affect as since even if you don't receive any damage you still pay a cost.

Unfortunately CV aren't real good for the above.

Just found the patch notes for 0.5.12:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/update-notes-main/release-notes-0512/

General changes:

Improved Economics

We're releasing more equitable calculation of XP and Credits earned in battle via the following factors:
  • Enemy ships and air squadrons spotted
  • Damage caused by allies to enemies spotted by you
  • Potential damage received

The overarching logic behind granting Credits and XP per battle was reworked to include the above changes. If a player carries out "useful" actions (causing damage, fighting for control of key areas, supporting allies), their average rewards don't change, as opposed to how it worked in Update 0.5.11. However, players who focus on "one-dimensional" behavior (battleships that stay away from the heat of battle and only try to cause damage from afar; destroyers who focus only on capturing key areas without recon) won't be as generously rewarded.

The above changes come based on data received since updates 0.5.9 and 0.5.10, and should have a positive impact on the in-game economy; rewards for players who regularly support their team more become more equitable.

For CV:

Aircraft Carriers

Economy model for aircraft carriers was extensively reworked:
  • Fixed error where some lost aircraft were not taken into account when calculating cost of lost aircraft
  • Cost of ship repair for aircraft carriers decreased for all tiers (the higher the tier, the more the decrease)
  • Reward structure was modified in favor of destroying enemy aircraft. Now rewards for causing damage to enemy ships and combat for air superiority will be better balanced in game economy terms.

Small changes in 0.5.14:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/update-notes-main/release-notes-0514/

Economy

Increased the amount of Credits and experience earned for damage, with no changes made for earnings for other actions. As a result of this change, average earnings per battle have been increased by 1.5%-3% for aircraft carriers, battleships and cruisers and by 2%-4% for destroyers.

I don't play CV,so I haven't seen how all these changes have affected their earnings personally,although I have seen players talking about it last year.

Beta Tester
913 posts

Rant :

howling sheet!

Keep rolling try your luck boxes. Maybe you will hit the super container for 10million.

1,105 posts

HOWLING SHEET!! WHAT THE BEEP I HAVE DONE!

playing a lot of Co-Op in Shokaku = HUGE MINUS CREDIT????

HOWLING SHEET! 

RIP CREDIT..... i cannt buy USN CV ship -_-

how the beep i start playing langley?

RIP Win-Rate.... i am going to play surface ship again!

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles

CV is a surface ship isn't it? :hiding:

CV has terrible credit gains, play USN DD instead, grind up to gearing and buy the permanent camo :trollface:

Or complete the "Honorable Service" and get the shinonome instead.

Or play graf spee if you got one during new year event.

1,070 posts
3,850 battles

HOWLING SHEET!! WHAT THE BEEP I HAVE DONE!

playing a lot of Co-Op in Shokaku = HUGE MINUS CREDIT????

HOWLING SHEET! 

RIP CREDIT..... i cannt buy USN CV ship -_-

how the beep i start playing langley?

RIP Win-Rate.... i am going to play surface ship again!

Ah,you should have said that at the start!

Its a LOT harder to make credits in Co-Op at T7 plus than in PvP!Add on to that playing a CV and fee to play and thats your problem.

Even in the Bismarck on my NA account,I need to play extremely well,and work the economy changes to the max while playing Co-Op on a free account and if I am VERY lucky I make a profit.And thats with the credit flags and premium camo on as well.

Having a premium account I would be able to make some coin.

You usually need to play low tier ships to fund the high tier ones in Co-Op.

892 posts
7,853 battles

its so weird, when i am in Hiryu i got a lot. but in the Shokaku i get LESS.... 

did tier +8 surface ship have better credit gain? well.... i can't play surface ship.

I AM TOTAL POTATO..... just saying my average damage in surface ship is 15K~20K..... 

http://asia.wows-numbers.com/player/2015039434,Skarhabek/     << i am not lying

lel, CV are da best for potato :child:

​If that's the case, your only hope is with premium and/or buying doubloons from the premium shop
Edited by Xirvis

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,453 battles

Rant :

howling sheet!

STOP play CV!!!

please Skarhabek, stop play Cv and start learning to play other type of ships

less player I have to hate and rant in chat :trollface:

[LNA]
1,671 posts
10,499 battles

STOP play CV!!!

please Skarhabek, stop play Cv and start learning to play other type of ships

less player I have to hate and rant in chat :trollface:

Why would you stop him. I am a potato in cv too you know, just look at the stats i have

75 posts
4,783 battles

To OP

If you think playing CV is hard, wait till you've spent a coupe of months in other T8 surface ships. Primairy concern being the large amount of HE spammers there are to deal with. You've got the VMF cruisers until Moskva pus the DDs, Des Moines at T8 for the USN plus their DDs, and any cruiser from the IJN, especially Mogami, Ibuki or Zao. Doesn't matter how good your repair party is or how long you wait to use it since everyone's slinging fore around.

1,105 posts

To OP

If you think playing CV is hard, wait till you've spent a coupe of months in other T8 surface ships. Primairy concern being the large amount of HE spammers there are to deal with. You've got the VMF cruisers until Moskva pus the DDs, Des Moines at T8 for the USN plus their DDs, and any cruiser from the IJN, especially Mogami, Ibuki or Zao. Doesn't matter how good your repair party is or how long you wait to use it since everyone's slinging fore around.

actually CV is easiest ship i have, THE real problem is stupid credit minus.... even if you win and deal decent damage

Sign in to follow this