Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WarpZone

Captain build

22 comments in this topic

[ATLAS]
50 posts
10,437 battles

Heres a good guide for captain skills. 

Just use yamato build coz ull get there eventually

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

One of Priority target/Preventive Maintenance/Expert reloader for level 1. Priority target can give you an idea how much you are concentrated upon and help you choose the right time to run. PM if you are suffering from broken turrets. ER is for some situation like T6+ BB bow tank against you as their bow can auto ricochet 356mm AP shells. I picked PT for my Kongo.

Expert Marksman or Adrenaline rush for level 2. EM can help you with turret transverse. AR is for better RoF. I recommend picking both if you have enough points for it.

Superintendent for level 3. And use it with premium consumable. You can get five repair party after that, pretty awesome.

Fire prevention and Concealment expert for level 4. I personally would pick FP over CE for below T8, and CE will come first for above T8.

62 posts
254 battles

Heres a good guide for captain skills. 

Just use yamato build coz ull get there eventually

I'm planning on keeping the captain on kongo.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I'm planning on keeping the captain on kongo.

just create a new one for amaagi :D

411 posts
6,164 battles

These are the current skills i have on my kongo.

Why Priority Target? That skill is useful for cruisers only! :teethhappy: I mean, as a BB, you'll be targetted most of the time:hiding: 

EM is ok, but why BFT? That thing lost its importance(for BBs) after becoming a 3pt skill... should've taken SI instead. For 4pt, it depends... I personally prefer CE as it lets me reposition when needed. After that, you can specialize AFT...

That's how I built up my Amagi captain :) 

Edited by _TAMAL_

173 posts
5,332 battles

Why Priority Target? That skill is useful for cruisers only! :teethhappy: I mean, as a BB, you'll be targetted most of the time:hiding: 

Being detected doesn't always mean you are targeted. Knowing when you are targeted or not can mean life or death in an IJN BB, which is relatively squishy. Knowing that you are not targeted means you can make a broadside salvo, which you would not do if you are targeted.

I've tried PM when 0.6.0 came out but PT was far more useful to my Fuso

Edited by KirstieBeau

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

imagine this:

~ You are sailing straight with your BB (u should not do this, vary your speed and dirrections )

~ you are detected by a DD nearby

~suddenly he didnt target u anymore (you still detected but no gun pointing)

that is when you know that he drop torpedos toward u :P (change your course immediately!!!!

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

? She just need Expert marksman.

Other than that skill, you could try up to 4-5 combinations thanks to ARPs.

he is a new player. no ARP la

420 posts
20 battles

he is a new player. no ARP la

Kay, but she only need expert marksman. The other skills are just extra.

But if you plan to use the captain for higher tier BB, there are nice suggestions up there :)

455 posts
8,038 battles

my Yamato

OS7SGVI.jpg

no one burn me :trollface:

I used that build on Izumi. But detetion is so bad that the damage I take just because of ridiculous detection range was far more than fire damage. So I use concealment build on my Yamato instead...tho I kinda suck at it now :/

62 posts
254 battles

EM is ok, but why BFT? That thing lost its importance(for BBs) after becoming a 3pt skill... should've taken SI instead. For 4pt, it depends... I personally prefer CE as it lets me reposition when needed. After that, you can specialize AFT...

That's how I built up my Amagi captain :) 

Sorry but i didn't get all of the slangs (Still new AF) :teethhappy:

can you plith PS those skills that you're referring to?

Thanks a bunch! :great:

62 posts
254 battles

my Yamato

OS7SGVI.jpg

no one burn me :trollface:

Those

ARP SHIPS

MY EYES 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Will they colab with Arpeggio again? :teethhappy:

411 posts
6,164 battles

Sorry but i didn't get all of the slangs (Still new AF) :teethhappy:

can you plith PS those skills that you're referring to?

Thanks a bunch! :great:

Sorry :D EM=Expert Marksman, BFT=Basic Firing Training, CE=Concealment Expert,AFT=Advanced Firing Training, SI=Super Intendent... these are the explanations you asked, right? :) 

411 posts
6,164 battles

Being detected doesn't always mean you are targeted. Knowing when you are targeted or not can mean life or death in an IJN BB, which is relatively squishy. Knowing that you are not targeted means you can make a broadside salvo, which you would not do if you are targeted.

I've tried PM when 0.6.0 came out but PT was far more useful to my Fuso

I don't face any issue like that in my Amagi... for Fuso, I guess you're having that issue when you're up against t8s:hiding: Otherwise, Fuso is simply an OP ship :teethhappy:

On another note, don't always try to get broadside shots. I don't think u need to be full broadside when firing in Fuso, if the turrets in the middle don't align, just fire the rest. Do it in a rhythmic way... fire-angle-reload-fire-angle-reload... like that :) should work

Sign in to follow this