Sign in to follow this  
SgtOddball

Newbie here!

12 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
20 posts
3 battles

Hi as you can see that im going back on this game. Although i participated the alpha test this 2013 but duty calls and been on the sea for the past 4 years. Now that i have time to play and open my 4 year dormant account of WoWs(and i was hoping that Wargaming would reward me a beta or an alpha tester reward ship but nothing on my port T_T) I would like to ask what nation is the best. Or maybe which ship class is fun to play with. Any answers, tips, suggestion, violent reactions and advice is very appreciated.

Thank you.

440 posts
3,380 battles

Lol what about the Iwaki Alpha and Arkansas Beta? Seems like people get them (well you can guess what ship goes to what kind of tester). Anyway, a fun ship class is quite subjective for every people, but if it's a fun ship class I would say the USN DDs.

Alpha Tester
20 posts
3 battles

Lol what about the Iwaki Alpha and Arkansas Beta? Seems like people get them (well you can guess what ship goes to what kind of tester). Anyway, a fun ship class is quite subjective for every people, but if it's a fun ship class I would say the USN DDs.

No i didn't get any of those ships sadly. Should i file a ticket to wargaming to get the reward ships for alpha and beta testing? Or any mods or WG Admin that could shed some light in this? I would be appreciated if someone will tell me why i didn't get those ships.

Well i guess i should reiterate my question.

Which Ship class is newbie friendly to play with?

Which Nation should i pursue (but i know i will go to amercian navy route)

I may have many questions but i think i'll post it later.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

i think the ship is need to be redeemed right? not automaticly get into your port

i suggest you go toward

German BB

USN DD
IJN CL

Edited by XP_On

Alpha Tester
20 posts
3 battles

i think the ship is need to be redeemed right? not automaticly get into your port

i suggest you go toward

German BB

USN DD

IJN CL

Then should i start on German then USN and lastly IJN? thanks dude.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

that is from my personal opinion.. 

well, before you get to play Germaan BB, you need to play German Cruiser first right? aalso same with US DD

283 posts
3,600 battles

TBH I think that you should get all your ships to at least tier 4 so that you do not grind straight to tier 10 and on the way don't frustrate  (no offense intended) the people who have been playing in the current meta for say 3-5 months while (also no offence intended) you are still learning the ropes the other members of your team will be playing a fair bit more advanced stuff so I don't know maybe you will let your team down for a couple of matches but hey this is just my opinion based on what I know/think so this is likely to be untrue but I really don't know and just warning you in advance this is just my two cents don't take it too seriously.

If you want my opinion on noob friendly lines I would recommend the IJN cruisers because they are beefier and have more fire power, for battleships, I would recommend the German line due to the brawling style that the other bb lines don't bring and are overall a lot more fun for dd's I would say probably the USN dd's because they dominate in gun fights with other dd's and are overall more action less ambushing so the same as XP's recommendations but elaborating a bit more

Hoping you have a great return to the WoWs community

Regards ellofiend

Alpha Tester
20 posts
3 battles

TBH I think that you should get all your ships to at least tier 4 so that you do not grind straight to tier 10 and on the way don't frustrate  (no offense intended) the people who have been playing in the current meta for say 3-5 months while (also no offence intended) you are still learning the ropes the other members of your team will be playing a fair bit more advanced stuff so I don't know maybe you will let your team down for a couple of matches but hey this is just my opinion based on what I know/think so this is likely to be untrue but I really don't know and just warning you in advance this is just my two cents don't take it too seriously.

If you want my opinion on noob friendly lines I would recommend the IJN cruisers because they are beefier and have more fire power, for battleships, I would recommend the German line due to the brawling style that the other bb lines don't bring and are overall a lot more fun for dd's I would say probably the USN dd's because they dominate in gun fights with other dd's and are overall more action less ambushing so the same as XP's recommendations bTut elaborating a bit more

Hoping you have a great return to the WoWs community

Regards ellofiend

Then should i stop at Tier 4 only to raise my skill level in preparation for the upcoming 6 tiers up? But then again i have fun playing with USN DD.

683 posts
7,367 battles

OP, in my opinion just play whatever ship class you like and grind up any tiers as long as you are comfortable with. :)

For me, games are meant to be enjoyed and we learn new tactics, skills while enjoying them. Yeah there are chances we will make mistake here and there while going up the tiers due to different ships, different meta, and different play style of other players ( for example pushing up towards.front line in battleships can ended in both extreme depending of teammates)

Just enjoy it, learn from each matches. :)

I don't know which class or nation you'd love most. Personally in high tier I prefer BB, and I only play German n US BB. Cruisers, to me it depends heavily on composition of the team. Once it's BB heavy, cruiser kinda difficult.

Lack.of experience in DD n CV, not gonna comment.

Sign in to follow this