Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ArtickWarspite

Strange things

5 comments in this topic

159 posts
3,374 battles

I've seen a few odd things when playing WOWS, and am wondering if any of you have seen the same things?

Rather than go back to port after being sunk, I usually roam around and watch the rest of the game unfold, and it's becoming increasingly common to see CV's doing a torpedo run on other ships (mainly BB's), and torpedoes running underneath the ship. They have been dropped far away enough to arm and many hit, but there are some which go straight underneath the rear half of the ship- as far amidships as the 3rd turret. Is that a glitch or a game mechanic of some sort?

I often see sunken ships sitting on top of the water and sometimes they even bounce up and down. 

In games with CV's, there is usually a little glitch before the enemy planes appear on the map where you can see them flicker up by the extreme top left hand side of the mini map. 

But by far the strangest thing was detonating a Kamikaze with my Colorado secondaries at max range (7.5km). That was enjoyable.

Am I the only one who has seen these glitches?  Or am I or my computer going mad? 

980 posts
12,617 battles

I see them all too.

The torpedo thing isnt a glitch. The draft of sterns of most ships are smaller towards the back of the ship - therefore, torpedoes will run under it. I've used this feature to torpedobeat before. 

Sunken ships do bounce - i guess its a game engine graphics thing. 

The plane minimap icons flicker when they appear too, before teleporting to the right location. 

I've never detonated an enemy with secondaries before, but it is possible. It is also possible to detonate an enemy with a near miss or a no-damage hit (which is kinda messed up in my opinion). 

159 posts
3,374 battles

Glad I'm not the only one. 

Yeah, a shallow draft makes the most sense, but the torpedoes are running further forward than the extreme rear of a ship. I've seen this happen on both a BB and CV. The only other thing I can think of is that the hard turn the ship is doing in order to evade the torpedoes helps make this happen somehow..

[MEGA]
4,576 posts
17,580 battles

I see them all too.

The torpedo thing isnt a glitch. The draft of sterns of most ships are smaller towards the back of the ship - therefore, torpedoes will run under it. I've used this feature to torpedobeat before. 

Sunken ships do bounce - i guess its a game engine graphics thing. 

The plane minimap icons flicker when they appear too, before teleporting to the right location. 

I've never detonated an enemy with secondaries before, but it is possible. It is also possible to detonate an enemy with a near miss or a no-damage hit (which is kinda messed up in my opinion). 

you can, i once detonated a full HP kagero with mobtana secoundarys (2hits)

420 posts
20 battles

Rather than go back to port after being sunk, I usually roam around and watch the rest of the game unfold

Zooming out and in the game during free look made many glitches.

At my computer, the torp or shell are not properly drawn to the exact location, so sometimes it will show hitting thin air or strangely miss.

Ships, especially BB, sometimes appears wobbling.

Some shell will enter escape velocity to the space.

These usually wont happen if not using the zoom, simply switching to another ship view and let the zoom as is.

Sign in to follow this