Shiroyasha_Gintoki

Carriers Loadout

49 comments in this topic

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

What do you guys think on CVs that is running on Strike loadout?

I dont mind some CVs player going in cause they love to farm damage and kills but do help DDs players capture base tho. Its hard when your enemy CVs keep spotting you and Deny 2 of the cap points since some CVs do use their 2 fighters to spot DDs when your carrier have none...

No cap = ez lose 

:'<

Edited by Safiuddin97

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Whenever i see a 013 Lexington on my team, it's 90% that my team will lose, 10% is luck that the other team also have 013 Lexington...

That is why i cry hahahahaha

381 posts
9,957 battles

I watch his individual performance before judging.

If he got some sort of achievement like High Caliber, Confederate, Witherer and maybe 2-3 kills, okay I will compliment him even if our team loses cuz at least he contributes quite a bit.

If he got owned by the opposing CV and unable to contribute anything meaningful, I give him 3 reports cuz he is not competent enough to use strike setup. 

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

I watch his individual performance before judging.

If he got some sort of achievement like High Caliber, Confederate, Witherer and maybe 2-3 kills, okay I will compliment him even if our team loses cuz at least he contributes quite a bit.

If he got owned by the opposing CV and unable to contribute anything meaningful, I give him 3 reports cuz he is not competent enough to use strike setup. 

I really don't consider that "contributing to the team" but it's more like "screw the team, i'm farming damages".

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Most of the time when i play and meet 013 lex. Enemy CVs will use fighter to deny cap area by spotting u.. Then ppl unleash rain of shells towards u

And enemy CVs can farm damage too. And farm plane kills. 

I dont mind they using it. But i need to do my job capping for the team. Unless its standard battle mode and im good. Those strike CVs can nuke DDs tho

Edited by Safiuddin97

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

I played 202 when I had Lexington

If you repair I'll brun you!

111 Is ok but my opinion I don't like USS torpedo it does not like IJN torpedo angle 

43 posts
759 battles

Whenever i see a 013 Lexington on my team, it's 90% that my team will lose, 10% is luck that the other team also have 013 Lexington...

013 Lexington can easily sink enemy DD, but I don't know how players on Asia Server use 013 on Lexington and 113 on Essex and Midway.

381 posts
9,957 battles

I really don't consider that "contributing to the team" but it's more like "screw the team, i'm farming damages".

Well at least it is better than someone who can't do anything but feeding planes to the enemy team. I'm not too harsh on the teamwork aspect in random mode :D

I played 202 when I had Lexington

If you repair I'll brun you!

111 Is ok but my opinion I don't like USS torpedo it does not like IJN torpedo angle 

One problem with USN torp bombers is that they have to drop from further away which makes adjusting significantly more difficult than IJN.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

I think this thread is more aimed at USN CVs rather than IJN.

I have only done this a few times myself, but in division and your division has dedicated AA boats built for cover.

Usually if I am the other CV its farm planes time via strafe, then ignore the enemy CV and farm more damage.

I think though the USN CV needs 1 fighter squadron to be playable at the higher tiers. After all. you are spending XP on this load out, why should you be limited to it.

If we could division with CVs this would be mooted too, as one could be AS and another Strike. But going into random its way too hard.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

In short, USN CV CAG needs reworking.

FYI, back in WW2, USN CVs had more divers than torpers as they believed that the diver is more reliable than torpers. So WG decides to reflect that here as well. Though, that's narrowing theor scope in game.

What needs to be fixed first is the squadron size for USN CV. Make the base number as 5 planes instead of the current 6 and than you can add or play around with the squadron types.

980 posts
12,617 battles

I don't know where I stand on this topic. 

I'm an advocate for the USN strike airwing due to its damage potential, but partly due to the horrendous deficiencies of the USN air superiority airwings BOTH in anti-air and in strike. 

Even, if a 202 Lex/Ranger came across any enemy with balanced or strike airwings, they won't be able to defeat them (e.g. 2/2/2 Hiryu and 013 Lexington). At the same time, its own strike planes can still be hunted down by enemy fighters. 

So why would you choose to play USN AS knowing that:

1. You cannot fully cover your team from enemy air attacks, and you get reported by scrubs who isolate themselves from friendly AA and get wrecked 2 minutes into the battle

2. It is thankless, unrewarding play, and when you fail to prevent a fatal torpedo/bomb attack you get reported

3. You can't really cover your teammates by annoying their nearest enemies with torps/bombs, and you get reported

4. You can't do much damage and you end up in the bottom half of your team's leaderboard, and you get reported

5. You earn crap XP and credits (I mean really crap). 

6. You are very unlikely to earn any Clear Skies due to too many scout/spotter planes in the air and ridiculously good AA from non-CV ships doing your job for you

7. Horrifically long reload times for fighters means that you are unable to rapidly relocate fighters to allies who need help if you are reloading or recovering destroyed fighter squadrons, leading to your only choice to helplessly watch as the enemy CV wrecks your allies, and you get reported.

On the other hand, if a strike Ranger/Lex can kill or severely damage an enemy ship with one massive well-planned strike, that is much more beneficial to the team, and the player in terms of credits/XP. Even if in the whole 20-minute game, a strike CV only does this once, it can swing the balance of the game in your team's favour. 

However, is it the frustration of being a strike airwing and constantly being put up against air superiority carriers that has resulted in me temporarily quitting carrier play. I just play co-op for now. 

Will be back after carrier rework. 

Edited by LordTyphoon

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

I'm an advocate for the USN strike airwing due to its damage potential, but partly due to the horrendous deficiencies of the USN air superiority airwings BOTH in anti-air and in strike. 

Even, if a 202 Lex/Ranger came across any enemy with balanced or strike airwings, they won't be able to defeat them (e.g. 2/2/2 Hiryu and 013 Lexington). At the same time, its own strike planes can still be hunted down by enemy fighters. 

1. You cannot fully cover your team from enemy air attacks, and you get reported by scrubs who isolate themselves from friendly AA and get wrecked 2 minutes into the battle

2. It is thankless, unrewarding play, and when you fail to prevent a fatal torpedo/bomb attack you get reported

3. You can't really cover your teammates by annoying their nearest enemies with torps/bombs, and you get reported

4. You can't do much damage and you end up in the bottom half of your team's leaderboard, and you get reported

6. You are very unlikely to earn any Clear Skies due to too many scout/spotter planes in the air and ridiculously good AA from non-CV ships doing your job for you

7. Horrifically long reload times for fighters means that you are unable to rapidly relocate fighters to allies who need help if you are reloading or recovering destroyed fighter squadrons, leading to your only choice to helplessly watch as the enemy CV wrecks your allies, and you get reported.

On the other hand, if a strike Ranger/Lex can kill or severely damage an enemy ship with one massive well-planned strike, that is much more beneficial to the team, and the player in terms of credits/XP. Even if in the whole 20-minute game, a strike CV only does this once, it can swing the balance of the game in your team's favour. 

However, is it the frustration of being a strike airwing and constantly being put up against air superiority carriers that has resulted in me temporarily quitting carrier play. I just play co-op for now. 

well said...

And you cant cover your DDs while they are capping and they got nuked (No one as CA or BB wants to go in Cap circle with DDs unless they have ultra big balls and can assure they will not die in smoke and not detected by radar)

381 posts
9,957 battles

One reason to play AS is that you will never feel underwhelming against your direct opponent who is the opposing CV. Ofc there are times that you will feel helpless because your team just keep throwing and dying but it happens to every class so that's not as frustrating and stressful as being hunted in a 013 setup. Not to mention the average CV skill level of Asia is way above NA so the chance of running into someone who knows what to do with his fighter is higher than a left-click-only potato. I did play ~5-6 strike games while grinding Lexington and the average damage is like 2x higher than AS but I get most of the damage by finishing off camping BB at late game when the match is basically decided. For statpadding it's good but it seems to have less influence on creating the outcome of the game.

1+2+3, You don't understand how AS works. Your job is not to stop every strike wave because it is impossible. Your job is to force the enemy CV to strike non-optimal targets, which will cost him a lot of planes and bring back little value. Meanwhile, you outweigh his contribution by spotting enemy DD and force them out of the caps which grants your team a huge strategical advantage.

4.You won't be able to do much damage, but you are able to target a wider range of targets and optimize your attack. I do not value 50k DoT on a sniping Yamato as important as 10k direct damage on a frontline Gearing.

5.This is plainly wrong :P I got 1600 base exp in a win with Lexington by shooting down 40 planes, 120k spotting damage and ~50k damage to a mixed group of targets. A 120k damage (including one full health DD kill) and 25 planes shot down game in my Shokaku gives me 1800 base exp which is barely higher. Shooting down planes reward a lot these days.

6.Well you're right on this, the possible flag reward of AS is way less desirable than strike.

7.Post 0.6.0, by the time the fighter runs out of ammo you will have lost 70%+ of your reserve. And he can reload after your strike squads are cleared too. 

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,987 battles

USN CV strike loadouts require extremely bad enemy air opposition to work properly. Id rather play balanced loadouts on USN CVs such as Bogue, Saipan, and Midway.

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,632 battles

USN CV strike loadouts require extremely bad enemy air opposition to work properly. Id rather play balanced loadouts on USN CVs such as Bogue, Saipan, and Midway.

stock mod?

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

This is why we DDs cannot cap when lex going Strike. And no CA are willing to go in to provide AA support

Enemy CVs pick off one by one our DDs including me and a mogami

1KXVSrJ.jpg

Or am i potato enough.. im potato :<

Edited by Safiuddin97

381 posts
9,957 battles

Yes. However, T7-T9 USN CV stock loadouts suffer from bad carry and AS potential so idk what to choose.

I grinded through the Ranger ~3 months ago with stock mod, can confirm it works at t7 because of MM and there are a lot of potato CV. However it didn't work with Lexington when you start to see decent CV at a fairly consistent frequency so I switched to AS instead. Currently testing 113 and 211 on Essex, seems both are viable if not for so many (CV+DM+Minotaur) divisions.

1,105 posts

LOL STRIKE LEXINGTON ARE NOT AS BAD AS YOU THINK!

i am playing shokaku and meet this strike loadout, their bomber are pretty strong againts my fighter. if it play correctly, 2 DB can become bait for another bomber......

an yeah, ITS SO WEIRD why Lexington with strike loadout losing, since IT DEAL MORE DAMAGE THAN ME!

is that spotting sheep really strong on affecting win?

1,340 posts
8,832 battles

I think this debate is more for the USN CVs than the IJN ones.

Anyway, part of the reason why I don't like to play strike USN CVs is that I can't protect my team. My team's DDs are at the mercy of the enemy CV, and the only real way the other ships can defend themselves is to group up under an AA bubble, and good luck with that happening in Random games.

I feel USN Strike CVs are kinda selfish, but then what's the alternative? An AS USN CV can contest the skies and spot or protect the team, but it has little carry potential. You are more or less a full blown support. A strike CV can turn a losing game around but not so for the AS CV. It feels very frustrating when as an AS CV when you see your team losing but are powerless to help. IMO AS CVs help prevent your team from losing, but Strike CVs help your team win, if you catch my drift.

The last option is the balanced loudout. Personally I prefer this loadout and have been using it on my Bogue to my Ranger as I like the flexibility. But the big problem with this is that it pretty much requires you to outplay the enemy CV. And a 1-1-1 Lexington is still going to struggle against a 2-2-2 Shokaku.

I think this just goes to show how messed up the USN CV loadouts are. TBH, I would love to give up one DB bomber squadron for a fighter squadron as a USN strike CV. Hopefully, WG will take a look at the USN CVs in the future.

1,105 posts

I think this just goes to show how messed up the USN CV loadouts are. TBH, I would love to give up one DB bomber squadron for a fighter squadron as a USN strike CV. Hopefully, WG will take a look at the USN CVs in the future.

i am agree, the should add 1 fighter to USN strike with removal of 1 DB. for AS USN, they should GET 1 MORE DB starting from ranger. or AS loadout will receive 1 TB BUT with REMOVAL OF ALL DB! so, it will become 2/1/0 instead of 2/0/2.... i am not agree with 2/1/1 loadout, USN CV AS will become OP!

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

i am agree, the should add 1 fighter to USN strike with removal of 1 DB. for AS USN, they should GET 1 MORE DB starting from ranger. or AS loadout will receive 1 TB BUT with REMOVAL OF ALL DB! so, it will become 2/1/0 instead of 2/0/2.... i am not agree with 2/1/1 loadout, USN CV AS will become OP!

USN CV's strength lies in their DBs if you remove them altogether, they won't be OP as you think because decent DD players can torpedobeat out of that single TB squad easily

1,105 posts

USN CV's strength lies in their DBs if you remove them altogether, they won't be OP as you think because decent DD players can torpedobeat out of that single TB squad easily

USN AS dont need revamp? then, the only revamp should for USN strike loadout by adding +1 fighter and -1 DB ! this should be fair :v better than stock loadout.