Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Orion03

AP or HE?

7 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
17 posts
995 battles

I have been trying AP vs HE on cruisers in the lower levels. It seems HE inflicts fire and damage to components (i.e. destroying a turret/enging/rudder) more often, but AP shells generally do more damage if they hit a sweet spot and penetrate. 

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

So in a tier 1 match, should I be shooting AP or HE ?

Although NDA is lifted I would advise you to go back to close forum to dicuss this issue.

Many Alpha testers and Beta Testers are happy to help there :honoring:

Super Tester
2,725 posts

AP is useful against an enemy class that is same as yours. Battleship vs. Battleship, Cruiser vs. Cruiser, Destroyer vs. Destroyer.

Best aim for the engine compartment or the magazine & powder room, which is below of each of main gun turret.

HE is an option though but often useful in long range to take down enemy's main gun, secondaries, etc.

Super Tester
1,779 posts
328 battles

HE is sometimes used to set the ship on fire, making it difficult for players to multitask (i.e extinguishing fire so that it won't cause any problems, like causing a chain reaction that could blow your ship up)

AP's on the other hand is used for armored ships, though if your a DD and using an AP against a BB is utterly useless tho, it would just bounce off :D

Super Tester
218 posts
2,157 battles

I thought this was a kinda generic question that won't be a problem to be discussed

and funny enough I can play the game but I don't have access to closed forum sections?

Edited by Orion03

695 posts
2,153 battles

I thought this was a kinda generic question that won't be a problem to be discussed

and funny enough I can play the game but I don't have access to closed forum sections?

PM Ironguard he will be able to fix you forums tags, separate list to game status.

Sign in to follow this