You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xscore

for those who just want to win and get exp

46 comments in this topic

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles
Too many people in this game are more concerned about having "fun" than about winning.  Now, I don't want to judge people here. I'm not gonna say they are bad, even though we have all experience players who have shown much room for improvement.  That's how they want to play their game and I have no problem with them in that regard. But unfortunately, this nonchalant attitude of them with respect with winning the game kinda ruin the game for those of us who just want to win and particularly those of us who want to git gudder.  Too many times I have seen players who act as if they don't even want to win.  I have seen ships of all classes feeding for no reason, teams hanging back and farming damage while objectives get takes, players getting kited, and other simple mistakes, even in Tier 10.  Many players have no idea what they are doing, and ruin the game for players who just want to stetped git gud.  So why not we have some sort of system, something with different tiers for "regular randoms" and "tryhard for more xp" modes. One for those serious players who want to git gud and git xp, and one for those who just want to play whatever way they want. This way, players who want to "just have fun" would not feel pressured to "ptfo" or "play to the damn meta" just to satisfy those people serious about winning.  Coop battle is OK, but credits reward is not enough to cover the cost of repair and resupply when you are on high tiers.  Or better yet, why not just implement MMR on random battles?

[-SZY-]
211 posts

I just want to win...

Losing so much is not even fun

I have disappointed many senpais especially when I contributed mostly nothing to the match

I need to git gud

94 posts
2,795 battles

I just want to desu-troy scrubs stetped  club git gud :aqua:

scrubs fishes seals victims casuls everywhere doee

Edited by Lightning_Ene

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

Too many people in this game are more concerned about having "fun" than about winning.  Now, I don't want to judge people here. I'm not gonna say they are bad, even though we have all experience players who have shown much room for improvement.  That's how they want to play their game and I have no problem with them in that regard. But unfortunately, this nonchalant attitude of them with respect with winning the game kinda ruin the game for those of us who just want to win and particularly those of us who want to git gudder.  Too many times I have seen players who act as if they don't even want to win.  I have seen ships of all classes feeding for no reason, teams hanging back and farming damage while objectives get takes, players getting kited, and other simple mistakes, even in Tier 10.  Many players have no idea what they are doing, and ruin the game for players who just want to stetped git gud.  So why not we have some sort of system, something with different tiers for "regular randoms" and "tryhard for more xp" modes. One for those serious players who want to git gud and git xp, and one for those who just want to play whatever way they want. This way, players who want to "just have fun" would not feel pressured to "ptfo" or "play to the damn meta" just to satisfy those people serious about winning.  Coop battle is OK, but credits reward is not enough to cover the cost of repair and resupply when you are on high tiers.  Or better yet, why not just implement MMR on random battles?

i for one dont always want to be fished

455 posts
8,038 battles

Even if MMR matchmaking isn't possible I'd like such a rating to be displayed for your whole team so you can guess which people are playing for lulz and which are playing for real. So that I don't happen to push into a cap expecting the 40% wr dd to smoke or spot for me. Or I can see which player plays very well and I back him up instead of the sniping Bismarck(yes I have seen those)

94 posts
2,795 battles

sniping Bismarck(yes I have seen those)

*cough*Amagi players who strongly believe that A line is the closest you have to be to support your team*cough*

Super Tester
316 posts
3,400 battles

i just want to get gud, but i also want games to be ACTUALLY enjoyable, losing the game at 5 minutes and the rest of the match is just the enemy team beating you with cricket bats wrapped in barbed wire is the exact opposite of FUN

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I just want to play Shimakaze... but peoples are not respecting me !!! (especially R3) 

But Shimakaze doesn't even float. :hiding:

kt2WH0w.png

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,826 posts
4,103 battles

As a 100% solo-pubber its soul destroying when fun means lose in some peoples vocabulary.   An over obsession with stats is bad for people and bad for the game, but why play a game that is based around win/loss and rewards wins when you don't want to win?  Winning is fun.

3 posts
2,348 battles

I am new to this game and my WR is only 45%. Although i don't win as much as you guys but i really enjoy the game. I only discovered this forum when i had login problems a month ago. Since then, i always check and get tips to get better. It doesn't matter too much to me when my team mates are, what you guys refer to as "potatoes" hehe, i am sure i am one myself. Just as long as i enjoyed the battle and if i win, the fun doubles. And yes, winning is fun :) I was so happy when i managed to sink 4 ships in 1 battle a couple of days ago... jump up and down like a monkey!!

Off topic - i don't seem to be able to get to display enemy ship names. I click on the mini map option to turn it on but so far, nothing. Sadly, i can't identify the ships just by looking at them yet... sad, real sad... 1000 battles already... jeeez

63 posts
1,554 battles

Who would anyone whine about having fun?

Seriously, though there needs to be an implementation of Team Battles tout-suite to stop this perpetual whining about noobs and potatoes.

​Then - and this is half-jest, half serious - all the Stats-for-glory potato-bashers can play like-minded people to their heart's content, all bitching at each other in their teams, and leave the rest of us alone, having fun :P

Oh that's right.. it might get a little harder too, but I'm sure you pros will manage...

​Not everyone gives a shit about stats but at the same time, it doesn't mean that they don't want to win. Winning comes from hard-graft on your own part. That graft takes time and varies from person to person. No-one was born with skill. Anyone who thinks or acts like they are generally aren't good sports and for my money, sportsmanship is what games are about, not outright pissing contests.

Edited by Captain_Fathom

Beta Tester
120 posts
4,246 battles

I play to have fun, which means I like to win.. unfortunately I am not a super player and my carry skills are not very good..  

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

i for one dont always want to be fished

good MMR means the fishermen face other fishermen.

Video Contributor
2,261 posts
10,782 battles

Me in a nutshell

Me

Top damage 240k lose :trollface:

New high score spotting damage I didnt get YOLO because my friend killed me kek :trollface:

New highest damage 320k lose again LOLOLOL:trollface:

Go front team no smoke me defeat!!:trollface:

Pick Hanzo = Defeat

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

Me

Top damage 240k lose :trollface:

New high score spotting damage I didnt get YOLO because my friend killed me kek :trollface:

New highest damage 320k lose again LOLOLOL:trollface:

Go front team no smoke me defeat!!:trollface:

Pick Hanzo = Defeat

Honestly OG, you needed that nerf.

Challenging and close games where everyone contribute their best are always fun, regardless of win or lose. But when you are doing everything you can and losing because half of your team didn't even manage to get half of your base exp just sucks. Then people get salty. People who whine about they are being treated badly because they just want to have fun should really stop mentioning "for fun" as an excuse for their inability to play the game. Yes, not everyone has same skill level, that is obvious, but at least people can make an effort. Stop insulting "fun". Those who wants to win will carry them anyway, as long as they don't yolo for fun and feed enemy for fun or go afk for fun or just don't know what they are doing for fun.

Oh and weekends with bonus xp and missions incoming. More people will want to have more fun. I guess in order to maintain mental health, we need to take a break for fun for the next two days. So that people playing for fun can play peacefully and we don't ruin their fun by winning the game.

Good luck and fair seas.