You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Puteralanun

For those who just want to take it easy

45 comments in this topic

218 posts
3,792 battles

To many people in this game are more concern about racking up EXP and WR and less about actually having FUN. Now, I don't want to judge people here. I'm not gonna say they are bad. That's how they want to play their game and I have no problem with them in that regard. But unfortunately, this obsession of theirs with stats kinda ruin the game for those of us who just want to take it easy and take our time. So why not we split the Random battle into two. One for those with stats obsession, and one for those who want to take their time. This way, you stats seeker doesn't have to worry about us dragging you down. Coop battle is OK, but credits reward is not enough to cover the cost of repair and resupply when you are on high tiers.

67 posts
14 battles

Having fun and doing well overlaps a lot, it's a lot funner to win most of the time than to lose. And messing around and doing well is the best thing.

Super Tester
7,560 posts
8,001 battles

To many people in this game are more concern about racking up EXP and WR and less about actually having FUN. Now, I don't want to judge people here. I'm not gonna say they are bad. That's how they want to play their game and I have no problem with them in that regard. But unfortunately, this obsession of theirs with stats kinda ruin the game for those of us who just want to take it easy and take our time. So why not we split the Random battle into two. One for those with stats obsession, and one for those who want to take their time. This way, you stats seeker doesn't have to worry about us dragging you down. Coop battle is OK, but credits reward is not enough to cover the cost of repair and resupply when you are on high tiers.

There is a flaw in your understanding about *Having Fun*. How do you have fun without actually doing well in the battle is beyond me. But even when you do, for most people, winning is more fun than doing what they could still losing because some of the team mates didn't have any clue about what they are doing.

Since WoWS already struggle to get lot of people to properly balance MM, dividing it into two groups is kinda out of the question at this moment. So, either you have to re-define your definition of fun or be satisfied with Co-Op. And, if you are driving just for fun, Co-Op should also do, and just for fun should not include grinding as well. However what WG can do is, remove repair cost completely from Co-Op, but then it will probably be prone to exploits.

You are allowed to have fun as long as you don't ruin other 11 people's fun. At the end of the day, it is a game, its competitive (regardless of both historical and weaboo values). Most people are trying to get better at it. So like noshiro says, start having fun through doing well.

Edited by icy_phoenix

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

Playing Co-Op is fun.

You don't interfere with other players and you play your own game.

Think of it as the Single player campaign for WoWs.

The rewards are low, but you can easily make a profit by using flags and doing well.

I have acquired  all my ships in Co-Op and have never wanted to play in Randoms, so it worked for me.

I don't think they will split Random battles to appease the players who just want to have fun..........

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,837 posts
4,138 battles

You need a balance between enjoying the game and being obsessive with stats.  Both Icy and LtDan have summed it up.   Winning is fun.  Losing is not.   Coop is where you can be what you want to be without impacting on others. 

307 posts
6,413 battles

Playing Co-Op is fun.

You don't interfere with other players and you play your own game.

Think of it as the Single player campaign for WoWs.

The rewards are low, but you can easily make a profit by using flags and doing well.

I have acquired  all my ships in Co-Op and have never wanted to play in Randoms, so it worked for me.

I don't think they will split Random battles to appease the players who just want to have fun..........

Except Co-Op the AI seems to always target DD's, if you are a cruiser you simply need to stay close to DD and once they get spotted you can shoot without even thinking about them targeting you.

I use Co-Op only to get a better understanding of the ship itself, besides some maps do not lend to understanding what the AI does .... Two Brothers for example, you always know at least two ships will go down the middle, it gets predictable and easy to work out the AI.

Edited by Burnt_Out_Koalas

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Except Co-Op the AI seems to always target DD's, if you are a cruiser you simply need to stay close to DD and once they get spotted you can shoot without even thinking about them targeting you.

I use Co-Op only to get a better understanding of the ship itself, besides some maps do not lend to understanding what the AI does .... Two Brothers for example, you always know at least two ships will go down the middle, it gets predictable and easy to work out the AI.

For the record, most players will usually target DD first whenever they spot one because they can be a real game changer if left alone for too long.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

For the record, most players will usually target DD first whenever they spot one because they can be a real game changer if left alone for too long.

Your team wouldn't and the enemy team would. The enemy will always have a DD advantage after 5 minutes.

307 posts
6,413 battles

Yes and no, depends on the circumstances, IE a FIJI, who is 5kms from the enemy vs a DD that is 7 or so kms .... Your going to try and sink the Fiji right?   1 he has torps, 2 if your a BB you most likely can sink him with one salvo.... AI still keeps firing at the DD.

43 posts
759 battles

I'here to have fun. But I have fun in this game only when I win battles together with my team mates. If I have good numbers, I know that I develop my skills. And it's very important to drown a priority target :)

62 posts
254 battles

Both Icy and LtDan have summed it up.   Winning is fun.  Losing is not.   Coop is where you can be what you want to be without impacting on others. 

Well said,

Also, those "stat obsessed" players that you're talking about usually don't mind if you just want to take it slow (I really don't get what you mean by this taking the game "slow") as for one, they'll have more damage output per game (MOAR STATS), what do you mean via "ruin the game"? 

they'll usually begin to notice you if and only if,

1. You AFK for some reason

2. You start spamming the sht out of something (The radio perse) 

3. You AFK some more.

203 posts
11,788 battles

Here you go

This explains almost everything. CO OP is the best place for "Taking it easy" since nobody is going to ruin anybody's fun.
PS: Just skip to 14:33 to get to the point in case you don't want to waste any time.

Edited by MikuChrome

525 posts
7,946 battles

Here you go

This explains almost everything. CO OP is the best place for "Taking it easy" since nobody is going to ruin anybody's fun.

PS: Just skip to 14:33 to get to the point in case you don't want to waste any time.

DEJAVU?

What the?

Feels like i already made a thread with the same topic before:hmm:

44 posts
6,354 battles

Well said,

Also, those "stat obsessed" players that you're talking about usually don't mind if you just want to take it slow (I really don't get what you mean by this taking the game "slow") as for one, they'll have more damage output per game (MOAR STATS), what do you mean via "ruin the game"? 

they'll usually begin to notice you if and only if,

1. You AFK for some reason

2. You start spamming the sht out of something (The radio perse) 

3. You AFK some more.

This^- As long as you turn up and shoot at the enemy and not your own team you're OK in my book. As for the guys who go crazy in chat with "noob" and all that. Here's a hint, go check their stats after the game.......they usually stink. Happens all the time, some kid goes postal in chat and after the game you find he's a 41% player.

However.........winning IS more fun than losing, so if you're consistently under performing in battle either overall or in a particular ship you need to figure out where you're going wrong. Much of the time you'll be playing in teams that include a significant proportion of players that are pretty average or even actively bizarre in their play, so being able to react to how the battle is evolving (watch your minimap ALL the time, just like the rear view mirror in a car) is as important as being able to hit what you're shooting at.

You can usually tell within seconds of the game start who knows what they're doing, they're off straight away in a sensible direction, doing what they should be doing. With luck the rest will wake up sooner rather than later and make some sort of contribution to the battle............

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

I think winning is only marginally more fun than losing on the proviso that both teams have played well. I actually feel really satisfied after a loss when your team has played well but been outclassed. What ruins the game for me most is people who throw the game or risk the win by neglecting cap points.

[BRU]
279 posts
2,079 battles

What is not fun for me is:

- Getting killed early in the game (can be own fault or RNG is messing with ya again).

- Dead teammates who whine and rant in chat--despite not doing abything substantial before sinking.

- Teammates who don't give a damn about winning the game (at least cap or help other teammates!)

Winning is fun, but sometimes just winning a duel against enemy ship/s is just as fun (for me). Or racking up huge amounts of damage. Or sinking a much powerful target. All those previous actions I've mentioned help a bit at securing a win.

Though I would have more fun in a game where I did a ton of damage/kills/assistance to teammates or a close game and lost, than in a game where our team won flawlessly, and did nothing (because faster ships/better positioned teammates did all).

Edited by EJL

520 posts
11,127 battles

Risk the win by neglecting cap points.

Lol, i completly agree with this.   Not everyone seems to understand the game and even how to win.  Its mostly about sinking ships to most... And thats it.

Attitude differs amongst players. It can be fun... But sinking ships and winning while doing it... Is much better.  

Imho, in a competitive environment with objectives, and plans to accomplish these goals, you have to focus on what has to be done... And that is to win.

If WG didnt care about players winning, then they should have prioritized on makig the game less competetive:)

[BRU]
279 posts
2,079 battles

telling other team your location, etc, etc...

Sounds like what a whiner jerk does when his/her ship was sunk, and wanted to "punish" you for not "helping" him/her. :tea_cap:

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

For some players, ruin everybody else games is considered "fun" for them, like teamkilling, pushing players out of smoke, telling other team your location, etc, etc...

enable replays and PM the link to a mod or GM.

1,493 posts

I wish there were modes of conquest, sink every ship without cap points, or first to 1000 points, al there need be is s 20 min max timer, I love hunting ships & I love my brawls, & I do get cranky if I'm having a good gam, then someone ends my fun by capping.. 

It's not all about winning...

& I don't care about winrates, as some ofyou may already know, I just love ships, & I love being able to play them.. look at my stats... I don't care about them,  I play for fun, blowing everyone out of the water.

:playing:

Ordrazz

94 posts
2,795 battles

Your kind of fun: scrubbing not fully contributing to win doing weird stuff

Their kind of fun: 

fishing people like you :aqua:

Edited by Lightning_Ene

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Your kind of fun: scrubbing doing weird stuff

Their kind of fun: 

fishing people like you :aqua:

Melon having fun by just playing the game and gitguder at it !!!

Melon no need to fish to heff fun !!!