You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Teostra

Need help for tashkent

15 comments in this topic

295 posts
6,604 battles

I can't hit anything with tashkent, I don't know what's wrong with this ship, the gun are the same guns as kiev, yet it feels so different, I literally have to lead sims off screen to actually hit him at 10 km, and sims is not even the fastest ship in the game, is this normal? 

Edited by Teostra

980 posts
12,617 battles

Well, I shall offer you the best advice in my arsenal... Sell it.... and just play the alternate line. >_>"

Do not follow this advice. 

Remember - the Khabarovsk is a beast. 

Edited by LordTyphoon

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Do not follow this advice. 

Remember - the Khabarovsk is a beast. 

I think going alternative line is a great suggestion as long as you only want to enjoy Ognevoi and Udaloi and not going Grozovoi. Main line kinda sucks in the grinding process.

223 posts
8,238 battles

Tashkent is really good now, i mean like really really good. I would suggest being the backbone for your DDs and support their capping effort. Try to combine the use of torpedoes and guns for maximum effect on the battlefield. When the game settles down, you can actively contest caps yourself, but be aware that your main role is still an artillery platform. 

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

Tashkent is really good now, i mean like really really good. I would suggest being the backbone for your DDs and support their capping effort. Try to combine the use of torpedoes and guns for maximum effect on the battlefield. When the game settles down, you can actively contest caps yourself, but be aware that your main role is still an artillery platform. 

Yea right. But how about the most common scenario, you are in a Tashkent and the IJN DDs in your team goes blue line avoiding the cap like plague. You are forced to contest cap, which you can't.

307 posts
6,412 battles

Wow you have a 74% winrate in 35 games with the new TashKent, I bow down to you my friend, do you have replays?  I would like to see how it is played?  Let me know when you upload it to https://wowreplays.com/

I found it extremely hard to play with compared to the Udi.

295 posts
6,604 battles

My problem with tashkent is leading the target, not actually hit them, I literally have to lead the sims at 10 km broadside to the point he's not in my screen anymore, if not my shells will just land behind him, which is weird because tashkent guns in stats have good velocity at 870 m/s

2,221 posts
13,701 battles

My problem with tashkent is leading the target, not actually hit them, I literally have to lead the sims at 10 km broadside to the point he's not in my screen anymore, if not my shells will just land behind him, which is weird because tashkent guns in stats have good velocity at 870 m/s

Just click your zoom back 1 multiplication when firing at fast targets.

295 posts
6,604 battles

Just click your zoom back 1 multiplication when firing at fast targets.

yes that's what i did, but it's still kinda annoying to me because i'm not used to it, i want to just skip this ship to get khabarovsk

223 posts
8,238 battles

Yea right. But how about the most common scenario, you are in a Tashkent and the IJN DDs in your team goes blue line avoiding the cap like plague. You are forced to contest cap, which you can't.

Ouch... :D Seems like i didn't take that into account. 

223 posts
8,238 battles

Wow you have a 74% winrate in 35 games with the new TashKent, I bow down to you my friend, do you have replays?  I would like to see how it is played?  Let me know when you upload it to https://wowreplays.com/

I found it extremely hard to play with compared to the Udi.

Thanks for the compliment bud! I will upload some of my replays in the near future ;) I'm more than happy to help others.