Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

How to Ognevoi?

15 comments in this topic

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

After a most painful night with 4 wins and 10 losses, my Ognevoi is soon to be fully upgraded and her captain will soon get the 10th point.

1. I'm running rudder shift module with hull A. Should I go with acceleration module when I get hull B?

2. Concealment Expert or AFT? With CE you can get 6.1km concealment, which is pretty acceptable for a standard destroyer, and I think Ognevoi is able to compete against Benson in a gun fight. With AFT you get 14.4km range which seem great but I'm not sure if I can give up going capping as 6.8km concealment range is a pain in capping.

Edited by _Halcyon

43 posts
759 battles

After a most painful night with 4 wins and 10 losses, my Ognevoi is soon to be fully upgraded and her captain will soon get the 10th point.

1. I'm running rudder shift module with hull A. Should I go with acceleration module when I get hull B?

2. Concealment Expert or AFT? With CE you can get 6.1km concealment, which is pretty acceptable for a standard destroyer, and I think Ognevoi is able to compete against Benson in a gun fight. With AFT you get 14.4km range which seem great but I'm not sure if I can give up going capping as 6.8km concealment range is a pain in capping.

Ognevoi is a torpedo DD. It's really strangeful. You have very good artillery, but I don't think it's a good idea to have a gun fight with Kiev/Benson/Akizuki/Z-23. Ognevoi's DPM doesn't give you any chanses vs this artillery DDs. 

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Ognevoi is a torpedo DD. It's really strangeful. You have very good artillery, but I don't think it's a good idea to have a gun fight with Kiev/Benson/Akizuki/Z-23. Ognevoi's DPM doesn't give you any chanses vs this artillery DDs. 

I am actively avoiding any gun fight with Akizuki, unless she is engaged in another gun fight. Her firepower is too much for any T8 DD to take.

Z-23, I've never been into a 1v1 fight with one. It doesn't seem popular. The only one I met was quickly spotted by Benson and was deleted.

I think I can troll Kiev at long range due to having superior ballistics, but leaving it to the cruisers seem more reasonable.

I won a gun fight with Benson yesterday, trolled her pew pew gun's poor ballistics. 1900 Alpha damage can make Ognevoi do good against Benson unless the range is too close.

Edited by _Halcyon

Video Contributor
2,262 posts
10,782 battles

Akizuki will op if she has IFHE and no one want to fight her guns 2.7sec per salvo 

Yes Akizuki can kill Gearing with 1vs1 i don't know can she with alone Khaba

Back in topic

Stealth! Lowest concealment is 6.1! Cap! Stealth! torpedo! 

I would take concealment first and then AFT

New tier 10,9 and tier 8 are different about skill tree full AA and stealth+AFT

[-SZY-]
211 posts

Many said Ognevoi is VMF torpedoboat and I'm not going to say its wrong

Imo Ognevoi is now a very good hybrid and I played her mostly like old T6 Ognevoi with just extra fishes

If you intrepet her as torpedoboat : Get CE first and keep steering module

gunboat : get AFT especially if you don't have range mod and swap out for propulsion at B hull

hybrid : You can go with either build but use both of the armaments frequently

43 posts
759 battles

I am actively avoiding any gun fight with Akizuki, unless she is engaged in another gun fight. Her firepower is too much for any T8 DD to take.

Z-23, I've never been into a 1v1 fight with one. It doesn't seem popular. The only one I met was quickly spotted by Benson and was deleted.

I think I can troll Kiev at long range due to having superior ballistics, but leaving it to the cruisers seem more reasonable.

I won a gun fight with Benson yesterday, trolled her pew pew gun's poor ballistics. 1900 Alpha damage can make Ognevoi do good against Benson unless the range is too close.

You can use Ognevoi this way, but it's better to take Kiev for it. In my opinion Ognevoi is too boring as a soviet DD. Benson have 1800 Alpha damage, it have better 
maneuverability and stealth. Z-23 is a very strangeful DD, I've never played on it, but I saw some of them on RU-server.

420 posts
20 battles

I just found out this boat can now do a 10 Torpedo salvo! :ohmy:

I'm going to have fun in the Oggy. 

Actually i wish could keep triple tubes, as it has way faster reload and better RNG.

=======================================

I tried gunfighting with some full HP DD

Khaba - lost unless i got 1 torp hit before the start of gun duel. 1 torp hit to Khaba is worth 9800 dmg.

Gearing - win, if done at range

Kagero - win, 10k HP lost; situation was 4 to 2 km right behind her, while she only returning fire with rear turrets, i zig zagging using 2 turrets.

Largest HE dmg per full salvo to DD as observed was around 1700.

Ibuki vs Ognevoi + Tashkent in gun duel. Win, but took a long time. Both DD lost 2/3 HP.

So far AP citadel Myoko, Mogami at about 10km, broadside.

Could she cit Balti ? I tried once aiming at her bow, while she broadsiding, seems no luck.

Edited by Zwelivelle

Alpha Tester
184 posts
2,083 battles

AFT all the way. You need to keep yourself 10-14 kms from the enemy and keep harassing them. You can block a flank that way giving your team a chance to target the enemy while they are focused on you. That is RU DD gameplay. Torps are now better but it is definitely not a torpedo boat and stay away from US DD's as they can't hit you easily due to the firing arc. You can hurt them more.

Keep the speed up, dodging, firing and firing torps at the enemy even if just to deter them.

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

AFT all the way. You need to keep yourself 10-14 kms from the enemy and keep harassing them. You can block a flank that way giving your team a chance to target the enemy while they are focused on you. That is RU DD gameplay. Torps are now better but it is definitely not a torpedo boat and stay away from US DD's as they can't hit you easily due to the firing arc. You can hurt them more.

Keep the speed up, dodging, firing and firing torps at the enemy even if just to deter them.

I actually got CE yesterday and divisioned with my friend's Kagero. It was a fine setup, I followed his Kagero to neglect my concealment disadvantage (6.1km, slightly longer than Benson's 5.8km or Akizuki's 5.9km and more importantly, noticeably higher than Kagero/Yugumo's 5.4km). He concealment trolled an Akizuki and I smoked and made short work of it. I think this setup is also good, making it more of a supportive DD that can sometimes go solo cap. B hull also comes with an upgraded torps bank. Ognevoi's B hull has the same torps and torp tubes as Khaba, so using it as torpboat is possible. At least far better than A hull with no CE.

420 posts
20 battles

I actually got CE yesterday and divisioned with my friend's Kagero. It was a fine setup, I followed his Kagero to neglect my concealment disadvantage (6.1km, slightly longer than Benson's 5.8km or Akizuki's 5.9km and more importantly, noticeably higher than Kagero/Yugumo's 5.4km). He concealment trolled an Akizuki and I smoked and made short work of it. I think this setup is also good, making it more of a supportive DD that can sometimes go solo cap. B hull also comes with an upgraded torps bank. Ognevoi's B hull has the same torps and torp tubes as Khaba, so using it as torpboat is possible. At least far better than A hull with no CE.

Hull A and B has no concealment difference.

Triple tube with 69s reload, Quintuple with 115s reload.

no DFAA or with.

And the most important rudder shift difference.

For me, i want to use hull B, with second torpedo option to mount triple tubes instead.

[LBAS]
4,464 posts
25,606 battles

1. no idea, Propulsion sound good but not install yet (all of my IJN DDs are using Propulsion Modification 2)

2. Torp-boat sound good than gunboat (my choice Concealment System Modification 1 and CE)

Sign in to follow this