You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dark_Tenshi

About AP shell's color.

15 comments in this topic

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

In some kinds of map, in certain weather,

it is very hard to see the incoming AP shells.

Since AP shell's color is white, it is covered by the clouds or fogs, so I lost track of incoming shells.

Then suddenly, AP shells citadel me without any notice.

This kind of situation happens when I play in Two brothers and North map....

For HE shells, it is always visible in any maps.

I think WG should change the color of AP shell.

How do you think about this idea?

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles

True , but you can mitigate this weakness by learning incoming fire alert anyway.

Dodging has its limit if RNG hates you , i give up dodging shells because when i do i  eat  citadels from out of nowhere or lol cit pen

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

True , but you can mitigate this weakness by learning incoming fire alert anyway.

Dodging has its limit if RNG hates you , i give up dodging shells because when i do i  eat  citadels from out of nowhere or lol cit pen

Hmmm incoming fire alert can be alternative,but it has weakness.

It doesn't show where it comes from......

980 posts
12,617 battles

Since AP shell's color is white, it is covered by the clouds or fogs, so I lost track of incoming shells.

Having played many games in the Pensacola, Hipper and New Orleans, I can tell you that you don't look at incoming shells before selecting your rudder setting - you shift your rudder to straighten or angle your ship when you see the attacker fire its guns. It is irrelevant whether you can see the flight path of the incoming shells or not - as long as you can see them fire the guns, you should be able to dodge.

You take 'random citadels' from plunging AP fire. Usually from a North Carolina.

Edited by LordTyphoon

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I seconded this issue on AP shell color. You couldn't recognize if the target already fired when you looked in free view then back to your binocular view on certain maps. Even when you fired, you couldn't see if you hit the target.

I would like to add this is the same case for HE shell on a certain map with sunset environment. You can barely see it.

Edited by Mingfang47

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

Having played many games in the Pensacola, Hipper and New Orleans, I can tell you that you don't look at incoming shells before selecting your rudder setting - you shift your rudder to straighten or angle your ship when you see the attacker fire its guns. It is irrelevant whether you can see the flight path of the incoming shells or not - as long as you can see them fire the guns, you should be able to dodge.

You take 'random citadels' from plunging AP fire. Usually from a North Carolina.

Thanks for your advise :)

I will equip rudder shift to my BB and CA and try to shift my rudder as much as I can.

I seconded this issue on AP shell color. You couldn't recognize if the target already fired when you looked in free view then back to your binocular view on certain maps. Even when you fired, you couldn't see if you hit the target.

I would like to add this is the same case for HE shell on a certain map with sunset environment. You can barely see it.

True.....:hmm:

Just install one of those mod that turn the shells into edgy colours.

Wow.... why I haven't even thought about this idea?

980 posts
12,617 battles

Thanks for your advise :)

I will equip rudder shift to my BB and CA and try to shift my rudder as much as I can.

For CA, highly useful. For BBs however, you don't really need to. Not many BBs can change course quickly enough to purposely avoid shells (exceptions being Dunkerque and soon, Alabama). As A BB, your best defence against shells is to angle and to get out of 'plunging fire range'. 

Quicker rudder for BBs makes a difference with torpedobeats though

411 posts
6,164 battles

For CA, highly useful. For BBs however, you don't really need to. Not many BBs can change course quickly enough to purposely avoid shells (exceptions being Dunkerque and soon, Alabama). As A BB, your best defence against shells is to angle and to get out of 'plunging fire range'. 

Quicker rudder for BBs makes a difference with torpedobeats though

I can't imagine a single Cruiser or BB that doesn't benefit from Rudder shift mod... gneisenau is the only exception where I preferred DCM2 :yes_cap: If you're already properly angled, you can easily shellbeat :) 

Alpha Tester
184 posts
2,083 battles

Hmmm incoming fire alert can be alternative,but it has weakness.

It doesn't show where it comes from......

You must always be aware of your positioning and where you can get shot from, who is targetting you, look through the scope to see who is pointing their guns at you. If you can't see them then they are quite far away and incoming fire alert will give you enough time to dodge the shells.

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

You must always be aware of your positioning and where you can get shot from, who is targetting you, look through the scope to see who is pointing their guns at you. If you can't see them then they are quite far away and incoming fire alert will give you enough time to dodge the shells.

Hmmmm ok

I will try git gud that way....

411 posts
6,164 battles

Hmmmm ok

I will try git gud that way....

Also, sometimes an experienced player pointing at you will temporarily stop firing until you are forced to turn broadside, specially when you're under a critical situation. Watch out for that deadly blow if possible:red_button: