Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KirstieBeau

Have I missed a buff in Amagi's armor?

8 comments in this topic

173 posts
5,332 battles

Had they recently buffed Amagi's armor? I know it has turtleback but I remember a couple months ago, I regularly citadel Amagis with my Pensacola. But now on my Bismarck, it seems that it has trollish armor like the Zao, where I almost do no damage to a broadside Amagi 12kms out. Sure I get an occasional citadel, but it seems I get to pen another Bismarck and even the NC a lot more consistently than the Amagi does now.

980 posts
12,617 battles

Not sure if buff, its been always like that. 

I couldn't citadel a Amagi from 7-9km out in my North Carolina with 3 whole salvos at it. 

No problem at 14km+ though - looks like plunging fire is weakness. 

Off topic, I managed to get a citadel through the bow of a North Carolina with the 406mms of my FDG. That's not meant to be possible right? 14.3 x 32mm = 457.6mm, so 406mm shouldn't be able to overmatch the bow?? Shooting distance was around 7km. I'm not sure about the mechanics for this. 

Edited by LordTyphoon

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Off topic, I managed to get a citadel through the bow of a North Carolina with the 406mms of my FDG. That's not meant to be possible right? 14.3 x 32mm = 457.6mm, so 406mm shouldn't be able to overmatch the bow?? Shooting distance was around 7km. I'm not sure about the mechanics for this. 

RNG at its best right there, frontal citadel on NC do happen occasinally

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Amagi armour is good, it has always been that way.

Very low citadel that only the NC can pen at 10km due to her mortar shells

NC can still citadel Amagi from the front provided that the NC is between 3-7km and is at the right angle

Edited by silenthunter19944

[LBAS]
4,484 posts
25,665 battles

But now on my Bismarck, it seems that it has trollish armor like the Zao, where I almost do no damage to a broadside Amagi 12kms out. Sure I get an occasional citadel, but it seems I get to pen another Bismarck and even the NC a lot more consistently than the Amagi does now.

dont try to citidel Amagi if U R sailing on Bis. NC can do it but no Bis

Super Tester
802 posts

So technically, the best I can do is aim at the upper belt of Amagi like as we do against German BB?

Yes, plunging fire is one way to deal with Amagi. The other way is to aim for the barbettes. Japanese ships have poorly armoured barbettes.

Sign in to follow this