You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ellofiend

Nurnberg unknown gun

13 comments in this topic

283 posts
3,565 battles

Does anyone know what this gun is on the Nurnberg, I checked all the stats for artillery (secondary guns) and aa but nothing showed about this gun, I also checked the other side and it was not there and I could not find anther one on the Nurnberg or the yorck and haven't checked any other ships for it.

0234.PNG

Super Tester
2,725 posts

The contraption is located on the starboard side, near torpedo launcher #3.

I have no idea what that is though, it's the only one in the Nurnberg.

283 posts
3,565 battles

oh good,

I'm not the only one that was having trouble with the image lol!

Guesstimate is that it is a signaling gun

sorry for the image size, was struggling to upload anything of size so just snipped the part off of my screen

I'd be more concerned about the unknown presence of the Nurnberg's armor if I were you. 

Yes I have been having trouble with the armor but am getting used to the play style and am liking it actually

And the signaling gun is my only thought as well so thank you for the ideas and does anyone know how to upload a decent sized image without going over the limit?

1,107 posts
7,840 battles

It might be Lyle gun aka Line Throwing gun

during the early days of naval aviation, there lots of ideas how to recover Seaplanes. Rope throwing gun with winch mechanism to pull seaplanes closer to ships is one of them. then lifted aboard the ship using crane

the concept were short lived, since Hein Mat is easier and safer - since the ship dont need to slow down to recover aircraft and avoid being sitting duck by subs

Line thrower still used today though, for replisment at sea procedure. 

only it just rifle sized and the rope is handled by few dozen of sailor

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

It might be Lyle gun aka Line Throwing gun

during the early days of naval aviation, there lots of ideas how to recover Seaplanes. Rope throwing gun with winch mechanism to pull seaplanes closer to ships is one of them. then lifted aboard the ship using crane

the concept were short lived, since Hein Mat is easier and safer - since the ship dont need to slow down to recover aircraft and avoid being sitting duck by subs

Line thrower still used today though, for replisment at sea procedure. 

only it just rifle sized and the rope is handled by few dozen of sailor

GtPTeTM.jpg

???

looking at the clearer pic, I'm going with the line throwing gun - looks like a harpoon gun from a whaler :hiding: