You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

Koreans migrating into ASIA?

37 comments in this topic

1,386 posts
8,244 battles

I just had a Sims game.

A few players were talking white squares all game long, I copy pasted some squares and it seem to be Korean.

I've never seen such square talking before. And I'm pretty sure there weren't so many Koreans in ASIA.

I've heard of a Korean server, did they migrate that server to ASIA?

1,386 posts
8,244 battles

they did, but a long time ago, IIRC it's already been half a year now since the server merge

I know about that. wows didn't pass Korea's censor and had to shutdown thr KR server. But this time I think it's KR being finally shutdown or sth. The duration and amount of square talking is what I've never seen. It was like four or five guys, spamming squares from 2min to 16min of the battle. Also IIRC a Korean turtle (or whatever it's called) commemorative flag was found by people digging into the client. It's probably the flag for those migrated from KR.

BTW, that game also had the worst lemming train of my entire WoWS life. Half a team went through the mid channel of map "Two Brothers" right into the flank of the enemies. The whole game was a total mess.

Edited by _Halcyon

[BRU]
279 posts
2,079 battles

KR server has been officially shut down by WG, so we'll see more Korean players migrating to the ASIA server over the next couple of months.

But then again, there are some Koreans who already play in ASIA server (including Tanks) way long before the issue of shutting down their server was brought up.

[BRU]
279 posts
2,079 battles

Do they get their accounts migrated?

Or are they starting fresh?

They'll be transferring their accounts* to our server, including all their tanks, gold, credits, etc.

*Links to WoT Korean portal because it's similar and hafta use Google Translate to get the gist of how their migration to Asia server will work.

EDIT: They don't have a separate WoWS portal to indicate any existence of a separate WoWS server. Even WG Korea's Youtube is only focused on WoT.

Edited by EJL

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I heard KR players were already here since or maybe after the game kicked off its closed and open beta. They reason out it's lack of players there.

So yeah, "merge is a mistake part 2??" incoming for WoT server??

Edited by Mingfang47

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

There never was a KR WoWS server. The server merger is only to do with WoT.

Yes there was.

Only around 10~20people played in that server so WG merged these servers

1,386 posts
8,244 battles

I just wonder if something happened as I've never seen so many Koreans in a game. (NOT RACIST)

1.I noticed a domain name worldofwarships.kr current a hyperlink to ASIA

2.ASIA's official homepage added a Korean version. Therr are also two news pages only the KR version have.
https://worldofwarships.asia/ko/news/specials-and-events/korean_official_launching_celebration_evet/
https://worldofwarships.asia/ko/news/common/korean_official_launching_announcement/

3.The turtle flag. It's included in one of the news pages.

I used a translation bot to translate the second news page and here's the result.

Captain, ladies and gentlemen,

Localized content and domestic payment systems, customer support services are available only if you're more than qualified service after a 19-year-oldmembership of anyone.

Enjoy the hottest with the legendary warships and sea battles!

Captain your first sail to support special events together.
South Korea special flag ' turtle ship ' and South Korea special camouflage ' Arirang ' could acquire a lot of your participation in the event captain.

Edited by _Halcyon

[BRU]
279 posts
2,079 battles

I just wonder if something happened as I've never seen so many Koreans in a game. (NOT RACIST)

1.I noticed a domain name worldofwarships.kr current a hyperlink to ASIA

2.ASIA's official homepage added a Korean version. Therr are also two news pages only the KR version have.

https://worldofwarships.asia/ko/news/specials-and-events/korean_official_launching_celebration_evet/

https://worldofwarships.asia/ko/news/common/korean_official_launching_announcement/

3.The turtle flag. It's included in one of the news pages.

I used a translation bot to translate the second news page and here's the result.

Captain, ladies and gentlemen,

Localized content and domestic payment systems, customer support services are available only if you're more than qualified service after a 19-year-oldmembership of anyone.

Enjoy the hottest with the legendary warships and sea battles!

Captain your first sail to support special events together.
South Korea special flag ' turtle ship ' and South Korea special camouflage ' Arirang ' could acquire a lot of your participation in the event captain.

Well, it'll probably be a localized event, but they're still within Asia server.

One of the events (from the first link you shared), requires the player's IP to be located in Korea to have a chance to get the Arirang camo. 

I would've loved to have that camo and flag Asia-exclusive instead, but gotta attract more Korean players I guess. :hiding:

[BRU]
279 posts
2,079 battles

I don't think North Korea has WoWs yet.

Or at least, there is one player active. I'm pretty sure. :trollface:

Video Contributor
2,266 posts
10,789 battles

KR players are played this game long time

You can see first name KOR or whatever name(I saw most people use KOR_[name] or clan)

[BRU]
279 posts
2,079 battles

KR players are played this game long time

You can see first name KOR or whatever name(I saw most people use KOR_[name] or clan)

Is that an automatic thing, like "KOR" is immediately added by the serve/system for Korean players?

I think I've seen a similar thing for some Vietnamese players, where they have "VN" on their names.

Edited by EJL

Video Contributor
2,266 posts
10,789 battles

Is that an automatic thing, like "KOR" is immediately added by the serve/system for Korean players?

I think I've seen a similar thing for some Vietnamese players, where they have "VN" on their names.

I think it's common sense VN TH JP KOR they afraid about they would show where are they from:D  

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Was posts about it last year:

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/15916-asian-server-being-merged-with-korean-server/#topmost

And some more info here:

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/15390-problem-again-with-the-korean-language-support/

Looks like they were low population,plus way behind on the updates as well.

[BRU]
279 posts
2,079 battles

they are not play war game, they play real war simulator :teethhappy:

Eh, "threats of war" simulator more like. :hiding: