Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
rufusflywheel

down the gurgler

17 comments in this topic

8 posts
11,778 battles

When this game first came out it was a great game, it has now gone to crap I used to love playing this game, now all you get is ships including BBS just hiding behind islands and firing ships disappearing fair enough in smoke no problem but you now have DDS taking on BBS it is BS  they wont be getting anymore of my cash until it is fixed sounds like I'm crying yep you bet I am.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,707 battles

Sorry to hear that, the game has evolved since it commenced with new nations and skill sets.

BBs hiding is nothing new, but at higher tiers, more often than not, that will cost the team victory. 

Some DD captains are extremely good, and knowing the BB position from team spotting and cover they can torpedo or close accurately.

Perhaps with more CVs this would happen less, regardless, its skill sets that require players to read the map and situation and know when to push or pull back and also what ships are in the enemy composition.

Hope to see you in game, as its still a lot of fun for me. I really want to earn a double strike with close quarter combat badges!

44 posts
6,554 battles

I enjoy the game still, but I'm so moved by your touching story of disillusionment that I vow never to play again.

28 posts
4,589 battles

They say they have balanced it but all they have done is make it so DD's can invisi fire at long ranges outside of the detectability range and can burn a BB to death in no time, while nerfing the planes on a bb so you cant find the dd.

Awesome job WG.

But at the same time the community is killing itself, by constantly just hiding behind Islands too scared to engage, and then wonder why they lose. It isnt like if your ship gets blown up that you actually die in real life. Grow some balls and engage the enemy.

If I could transfer my account off of the asian server I would, but starting over on another server is just out of the question.

Edited by perositi

1,078 posts
3,886 battles

They say they have balanced it but all they have done is make it so DD's can invisi fire at long ranges outside of the detectability range and can burn a BB to death in no time, while nerfing the planes on a bb so you cant find the dd.

Open water invisi firing is supposed to be getting removed soon:

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/13704-interesting-stuff-from-the-ru-forums/page__st__540__pid__296710#entry296710

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

All in all, hitting a Russian DD from its max range is still too damn hard...

[MEGA]
4,664 posts
17,918 battles

Awesome job WG.

But at the same time the community is killing itself, by constantly just hiding behind Islands too scared to engage, and then wonder why they lose. It isnt like if your ship gets blown up that you actually die in real life. Grow some balls and engage the enemy.

If I could transfer my account off of the asian server I would, but starting over on another server is just out of the question.

hue another BBabie, if you get burned by a DD in a BB and you cant do anything about then you are horrifically out of position and deserve to get burned, and FYI, the only DDs that can invisifire cant do it effectively, and i have no idea what you are talking about planes on BB cant find DD, it's not supposed to anyways and i dont know why you expect it to

as for island camping, it might not be pretty for the ones who YOLO but it's a very effective way of winning the game, if you know how to do it right though...

[MEGA]
4,664 posts
17,918 battles

All in all, hitting a Russian DD from its max range is still too damn hard...

well, the only thing they can do well is zip around and burn people, so why not let them? let your DD deal with them unless the come too close, it isnt easy for the RU DD to hit you from max range too you know

307 posts
6,427 battles

I can see alot of the win rates dropping when this happens :child:

[HMASW]
1,550 posts

Well if this causes a drop in the win rates then you can see how many are actually poorly skilled, & they are the ones that have to practice more to buff their skills, instead of relying on a cheat to be good.

Hooray for the removal of invis fire.

Ordrazz

307 posts
6,427 battles

Well if they adjust it wont be so bad.   But i do suspect the tactic of invis fire with certain ships helps greatly on WR...its obvious....what wll happen...they won't use those ships anymore.

[BLUMR]
Super Tester
458 posts
7,199 battles

I can see alot of the win rates dropping when this happens :child:

Implying Invisifire is actually effective most of the time.

Cruiser invisfire is a nuisance, but can be easily dealt with through proper positioning.  Plus the Zao that is spamming HE at a BB is not doing other things such as killing CA/DDs or speed tanking.

DD invisifiring, on the other hand, can be a nightmare.  A Gearing at 9.8km (invisfiring range) with flags and DE can easily rain shells on BBs and set a fire every 10 seconds or so, which racks up damage very very quickly.

That being said if you are a USN DD there are far better ways to lay down fire without being spotted, such as proper positioning behind islands (preferrably) or using smoke.

I see myself spamming HE on Gearing from time to time, but rarely invisifire in it unless it is late game, or if I know the enemy has no DDs near me (ie enemy's team mistake).  Using islands and smoke as concealment is just so much more effective.

To be frank I don't care for whether there is invisifire or not.  BBs melt to HE quickly either way, whether the enemy cruisers are spotted or not.  Being invisfired upon either shows me that the enemy ships are not playing effectively, or me/my team seriously screwed up.

[BLUMR]
Super Tester
458 posts
7,199 battles

well, the only thing they can do well is zip around and burn people, so why not let them? let your DD deal with them unless the come too close, it isnt easy for the RU DD to hit you from max range too you know

This is a lie, RU DD shells can easily hit BBs at 14+km, as my 46% hit rate on Tashkent shows.

Sign in to follow this