You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AntifoulAwl

4th skill RU DDs

18 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Hiya. *sound of Bosun's call*

I'm back from a few months' shore leave to find a new skill system. So many Commanders to reskill and lots of skills to choose from.

Which brings me to this:  The 4th skill on RU DDs... Which one have players found to be better?

My Minsk has a 17 pointer, so I can go two skills on the 4th level.  But there's 3 that I'm keen on -  AFT, concealment and IFHE.  

Whatever way I go, the Gremy will be making use of this commander.

I used this page as a guide.

How have you guys gone about this, and with what results?

Thanks in advance.

980 posts
12,617 battles

Level 1: Incoming fire alert - no destroyer wants to be hit by those battleship shells from distance! 

Level 2: Torpedo acceleration - make those 70 knot torpedoes even faster! 

Level 3: Vigilance - Russian DDs turn slow, so starting anti-torpedo manoeuvres early is important! 

Level 4: Fire prevention - unlike battleships and cruisers! Destroyers have a low HP pool. They also have no heal consumable. You need to reduce damage you take from fires with this skill! 

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

AFT is a must. As you don't invisifire like gun build IJN or USN DD, you need to keep distance. The longer the range, the harder they are gonna retaliate against you.

IFHE is highly questionable. 130mm guns have 22mm HE penetration. 22*1.3=28.6

At high tiers(T8-T10), this allows penetration against cruiser hulls. But not against buttersheeps. I'm voting yes if you are at a tier constantly meeting T6-T7 battleships, but no if you are usually meeting T8-T10.

Concealment… I guess it's depending on your play style. I guess it can do good for some.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,559 battles

AFT is a must. As you don't invisifire like gun build IJN or USN DD, you need to keep distance. The longer the range, the harder they are gonna retaliate against you.

IFHE is highly questionable. 130mm guns have 22mm HE penetration. 22*1.3=28.6

At high tiers(T8-T10), this allows penetration against cruiser hulls. But not against buttersheeps. I'm voting yes if you are at a tier constantly meeting T6-T7 battleships, but no if you are usually meeting T8-T10.

Concealment… I guess it's depending on your play style. I guess it can do good for some.

for kiev better to have DE over IFHE?

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,361 battles

for kiev better to have DE over IFHE?

still having trouble reassigning your kiev captain?!

I would choose DE and leave put IFHE

still thinking if CE is worth it on 19 pts Kiev and Trashcan or SE/vigilance is a better choice?!

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,559 battles

still having trouble reassigning your kiev captain?!

I would choose DE and leave put IFHE

still thinking if CE is worth it on 19 pts Kiev and Trashcan or SE/vigilance is a better choice?!

already got the essential but the extra point still deciding haha

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,361 battles

I have a question

in this video, notser chose to equip his VMF/USSR/RU with IFHE

as far as I know, it was only guns with caliber 150mm-155mm that was recommended to equip with IFHE

203mm and above will it be very effective with it

and i heard that guns below 150mm equiped with IFHE will only be good against cruiser?!

so I am confuse the effectiveness of IFHE in 130mm guns of RU DDs

can someone shed the lights to this hazy scenario as this may effect my captain's build for my RU DDs