Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fujibayashi_Ryutaro

Regarding JC flags as a consolation for getting detonated

9 comments in this topic

3 posts
2,508 battles

I've just got detonated recently, and this brought me to think about the current methods and mechanics for receiving Juliet Charlie flags.

Spoiler

The match in which I got detonated most recently. The ship that I played was Akizuki, with her name modded.

4gQFZcY.jpg?1

Maybe you've already taken a glance through my account and see that I'm a DD main and play nothing but DDs. This leads to a constant necessity of Juliet Charlie flags (in my community, it's referred to as the "anti-shame flag"). However, I'm in a constant lack of these flags, as normal flag containers only give 4 each, flag supercontainers have been removed, and if I got detonated, then I can only have 10 flags per day, which is obviously not enough to cover my matches. On the other hand, I've seen plenty CA or BB players who have 600~1000 JC flags that they never use, and are simply piled there to be sold. All the while I'm sitting here with no more than 10 JC flags at all times and is at constant risk of getting detonated.

FD6AdKh.jpg

This brings me to my point: why can players only get a maximum of 10 JC flags when they get detonated? As a DD player, receiving a Detonation medal means that I'm not running my anti-shame flags, simply because I'm short on it. Why can't WG be more generous and give people more flags when they get detonated, so the same thing will not happen again at least in the nearer future? 10 flags is far too stingy an amount to give to someone still salty from getting OHKO'ed right at the beginning of a match when facing another DD that normally would be the prey. How about 50 flags as a real consolation for the person who got detonated? AFAIK, WG doesn't sell JC flags in premium shop bundles, so giving people 50 of these flags wouldn't harm their income, all the while have a better soothing effect for the unfortunate captain.

Edited by Fujibayashi_Ryutaro

Super Tester
2,725 posts

This brings me to my point: why can players only get a maximum of 10 JC flags when they get detonated?

How about 50 flags as a real consolation for the person who got detonated? AFAIK, WG doesn't sell JC flags in premium shop bundles, so giving people 50 of these flags wouldn't harm their income, all the while have a better soothing effect for the unfortunate captain.

How often do you even detonate without the JC flag?

50 JC flags is instant 300k credits, you know? 6k per flag when sold.

Edited by Mingfang47

Beta Tester
908 posts

I dont even run them other than for ranked. I got 500 stored.

If you get denonated RNG flapped you shrug and roll another game.

They are easy to come by

[BRU]
279 posts
2,079 battles

WG used to give away 250 JC flags in supercontainers. And they sell signal flags now at the prem shop, albeit not in solo JC bundles you want.

I don't think you should mount JC all the time. Getting detonated is partly RNG, and I don't get detonated that much nowadays in my BBs/DDs. I think giving away 10 flags when detonated is quite enough.

You can also win JC flags in some of the missions of the campaigns. Or in achieving cerain Ranks in Ranked Battles (if you can endure the saltiness).

Sign in to follow this