Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WarpZone

M Y O G I

29 comments in this topic

62 posts
254 battles

I recently started playing WoWs, I just got the Tier IV Myogi and I absolutely have no idea what the play style is. I loved the kawachi but when i played the myogi, i just went downhill. :(

from the NA/EU forums i've read that this ship can snipe at 15km-above ranges :unsure: :sceptic:, but what i've found out is that the dispersion on that range is crap trash. :ohmy:

for those that have already finished the grind on this ship, what are your advice's and guides on how to play this ship. 

Thanks~ :great:

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

the thing is, i really suggest skipping it, the myogi was the worst low tier ship of all before the emerald cam out, but now it's the 2nd worse

341 posts
4,020 battles

I never really liked Myogi, but honestly once upgraded the accuracy was bearable as long as you can aim well. Myogi was the BB that made me develop the basics of my current playstyle, despite having mediocre stats for it.

Myogi has very good turret angles that can shoot around 60 degrees forward. If you know the value of angling your armour, you'll see why this is a huge advantage. If not, search it up. Her guns are also the biggest at her tier and punch through almost any same tier (and sometimes even higher tier) ship with AP at any angle. Myogi also has the best range at her tier, and good speed and maneuverability. However, her armour is poor.

The playstyle of Myogi is thus to sit back at maybe more than 12km, only moving any closer if you truly believe it's possible. Angle your armour over anything else- Your armour can still be effective to an extent when angled. Move with the team, use your speed and maneuverability to throw off enemy shells or disengage from the fight and fall back if needed. I believe Myogi can be played like a cruiser.

I won't deny. It's not a fun ship and I considered skipping it, like Drakon said. Kongo was a complete upgrade, and Fuso was even better. But you'll get quite a bit of experience playing it, which is why I decided it was not worth skipping in the end.

PS- Don't sit back in Japanese battleships and use your range to snipe, despite how the Myogi plays. Learning to brawl brings much more fun results, brawling right can change the game for you and your team.

Edited by InterconKW

62 posts
254 battles

the thing is, i really suggest skipping it, the myogi was the worst low tier ship of all before the emerald cam out, but now it's the 2nd worse

Well skipping won't be an option since I won't be spending anything because of my incomparable brokeness.

62 posts
254 battles

I never really liked Myogi, but honestly once upgraded the accuracy was bearable as long as you can aim well. Myogi was the BB that made me develop the basics of my current playstyle, despite having mediocre stats for it.

Myogi has very good turret angles that can shoot around 60 degrees forward. If you know the value of angling your armour, you'll see why this is a huge advantage. If not, search it up. Her guns are also the biggest at her tier and punch through almost any same tier (and sometimes even higher tier) ship with AP at any angle. Myogi also has the best range at her tier, and good speed and maneuverability. However, her armour is poor.

The playstyle of Myogi is thus to sit back at maybe more than 12km, only moving any closer if you truly believe it's possible. Angle your armour over anything else- Your armour can still be effective to an extent when angled. Move with the team, use your speed and maneuverability to throw off enemy shells or disengage from the fight and fall back if needed. I believe Myogi can be played like a cruiser.

I won't deny. It's not a fun ship and I considered skipping it, like Drakon said. Kongo was a complete upgrade, and Fuso was even better. But you'll get quite a bit of experience playing it, which is why I decided it was not worth skipping in the end.

PS- Don't sit back in Japanese battleships and use your range to snipe, despite how the Myogi plays. Learning to brawl brings much more fun results, brawling right can change the game for you and your team.

I think i'm aiming well, for being able to hit ships at around 15km-ish but RNGesus and the dispersion just doesn't side with me most of the time, as for skipping the ship entirely, i just can't.

I know the basics of angling (from wot) and in Wows (in theory) sometimes i just can't put it on practice because HE.

What are your suggestions when the team's going full lemming? 

Edited by WarpZone

[LBAS]
4,474 posts
25,650 battles

by the way, what would be the magic range for the best dispersion possible? 

unpredictable in any angle, any range

still in my port.

17155439_1311814618902552_91303489601421

Edited by MatterCore

341 posts
4,020 battles

Myogi has little chance of hitting much at maximum range, but sometimes RNG just works out. Towards the end of my Myogi grind I was consistently getting citadels in most battles, probably based on more luck than skill.

Personally, if I wanted consistent damage in a Myogi (assuming I rebought it right now), I'd engage at less than 15km. But there's no guaranteed big damage- You're just probably going to land 1/6 shells or sometimes more if you aim well at that range.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

by the way, what would be the magic range for the best dispersion possible? 

4km to 12km.

Below that the turret layout requires you to aim seperately for the front turret and the rear ones.

Between around 12km to 15km is a cozy place where you should be able to score hits with full salvoes, not consecutively, especially

if the target has a brain and uses derpy WASD hacks, but a decent number of shells should hit.

Remember, 4k damage salvoes at long range don't seem like much at first, but when you hit a BB or cruiser several times with damage like

that it's slowly whithering down it's hitpoints, too.

Above 15km is pretty much just reserved for the start of a battle or in situations where there's no other target at a good range and/or position.

525 posts
7,946 battles

Good thing i grinded her when everyone was still a broadsiding scrub, so i have a relatively easy time in her

[ATLAS]
50 posts
10,450 battles

All do u need is upgrade her hull so she become more accurate then you'll dumpstering kids left and right

[RANZN]
32 posts
2,128 battles

For fun, if you have any Hotel Yankee signals for the Die Hard Achievement and are against another BB try and want to scare the hell out of them try ramming.

This signal gives 50% damaged to be caused to the other ship against a 20% reduction to damage to your ship.

The Myogi is a very fast ship and can catch any other BB in its surrounding tiers, combine it with Sierra Mike which increases Max speed by a further 5% and you have a mobile ramming machine. You should survive this ram and continue on. Pity it only has one forward main battery, but it can still do a lot of damage to the ship you are chasing. A Kaiser found that out the hard way 2 days ago before a good tail ramming.

Use the spotting aircraft for over the mountain firing and it also increases the main guns range and can take the opponent by surprise as many don't realise that they can be hit in such a position.

As stated in the previous feed back: move in closer to where you feel comfortable in hitting the target and reduce it's dispersive effects.

Have fun.

218 posts
3,788 battles

If you have free xp to spare, skip to the last hull. You get significant range enhancement for your main gun. Don't remember how much, but I remember it's close to Kongo 21km. Stock grind is a nightmare, but once you get the hull and the radar, it's no worse than the Wyoming. At least that what my experience told me. And you get 16 cruiser guns as a secondaries that fire AP. Myogi secondaries can punch through BB hull at clsoe range and deal significant damage. I one battle, my Myogi secondaries score 14 hits for 9000 damage.

Edited by Puteralanun

Super Tester
7,544 posts
7,993 battles

Do not waste your free exp on anything below Tier 9.

Myogi is a low tier ship, so it is not that good. None of the Tier 4 ships (except that one forbidden ship) have good accuracy. But if you shoot enough, you eventually hit stuff. Myogi is the BIG4! You can overmatch pretty much everyone. And the best part of Myogi these days is, you never meet Tier 6. When we played her, it was much worse. Myogi also has one of the best T4 AA.

One thing I can suggest is, do not use single guns unless you must. Use your double-click mode. You get visibly tighter dispersion (cause more shells in the same dispersion area).

Also, Myogi has range advantage over other T4 BBs. While you get in your optimal range, you need to do significant amount of damage to enemy ships. Do not hope for citadel hits, if they happen they happen. They are not a must.

Finally, do not brawl with DDs unless you must. You do not have enough firepower to deal with DDs at close quarters. Myogi has really good handling, you can avoid a lot of things. But whatever you do, do not show your broadside to anyone.

Here's an old video of Myogi. Showing the tight turn radius enough to avoid average CV players, and sad dispersion. But you can also see, if RNG favors you, you can hit DDs at 15+ km and get Devastating strikes as well.

Edited by icy_phoenix

62 posts
254 battles

All do u need is upgrade her hull so she become more accurate then you'll dumpstering kids left and right

I recently did, and now i'm slowly enjoying her :great:

341 posts
4,020 battles

Personally, I regret playing my low tiers like a mindless potato, with no care about my poor performance, no involvement in the forums and no clue how to play well.

I'm sorry Kuma, Myogi, Furutaka and Hosho. I treated you badly.

Lol.

Super Tester
7,544 posts
7,993 battles

Personally, I regret playing my low tiers like a mindless potato, with no care about my poor performance, no involvement in the forums and no clue how to play well.

I'm sorry Kuma, Myogi, Furutaka and Hosho. I treated you badly.

Lol.

GO BACK AND DO THINGS RIGHT!!!

Sign in to follow this