Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_PanzerKeil_

Well I'll be! It's the Atlanta!

10 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
86 posts
208 battles

Before the CBT, I was hoping that somehow the Atlanta class cruisers would make it in to the game, and YES! They did make it! :honoring:

NTFmU6y.jpg

Am wondering tho, can her 5 inchers be used for their intended anti aircraft role or no? If not, still I bet destroyers are gonna have a hell of a time against these cruisers when they make it rain 5 inch shells to their direction. :D

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

It is best ship, and no, if it is a primary it can only shoot surface targets.

That's kind of dumb though, those weapons were made more for Anti-air role rather than against surface ships.

Talk about that, will that be the same for future Akizuki-class DD? Because turning one of the best IJN AA DD (and so far, my favorite one) into a sub-par DD due to improper weapon usage is not fun.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

It is best ship, and no, if it is a primary it can only shoot surface targets.

Wrong. The main guns are DP. They shoot at aircraft, but like all AA it's not player controlled. It will in fact, shoot at aircraft while you're also using it to shoot at ships at the same time.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

That's kind of dumb though, those weapons were made more for Anti-air role rather than against surface ships.

Talk about that, will that be the same for future Akizuki-class DD? Because turning one of the best IJN AA DD (and so far, my favorite one) into a sub-par DD due to improper weapon usage is not fun.

The game lacks that mechanics. But don't worry, I'm sure Developers are aware that kind of case on main guns, which has dual purpose role. ;)

The game will always be updated.

Edited by Mingfang47

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Wrong. The main guns are DP. They shoot at aircraft, but like all AA it's not player controlled. It will in fact, shoot at aircraft while you're also using it to shoot at ships at the same time.

That feels kinda...weird. Although I prefer to shoot down planes using those DP guns myself :teethhappy:

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

That feels kinda...weird. Although I prefer to shoot down planes using those DP guns myself :teethhappy:

AA in-game works like an "aura". Enemy squadrons that get into range gets hit with DoT. There's no actual physics involved, the tracers flying towards them is just for show.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

AA in-game works like an "aura". Enemy squadrons that get into range gets hit with DoT. There's no actual physics involved, the tracers flying towards them is just for show.

Will the planes if get closer, will they take more damage?

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Will the planes if get closer, will they take more damage?

Expand any ship's AA stats in port, you'll see what guns they have. Each type have a certain range, so as a squadron gets closer they get into range of more guns, thus takes more damage. The bulk of the DPS usually comes from the short range guns.

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

Makes me wanna go all Ork on my ship, "give me moar dakka gunz to shoot dem pesky humie planes"

Btw, do we have access to that bee hive round that was used for BB's main guns against Aerial units? Kek~ :D

Sign in to follow this