Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ScoiattoloSovietico

Royal Italian Navy Tech Trees

9 comments in this topic

9 posts
3,126 battles

Yes I am an Italian Fan in a big way.

So I would like to have a collection of Regia Marina ships in the game.

Here is my suggestion of Italian Battleships and Cruisers tech tree:

the cruisers,

tier 2 Giuseppe Garibaldi the armoured cruiser

tier 3 San Giorgio the armoured cruiser

tier 4 Alberto da Giussano the light cruiser

tier 5 Trento the heavy cruiser

tier 6 Zara the heavy cruiser

tier 7 Duca d'Aosta the light cruiser

tier 8 Giuseppe Garibaldi the light cruiser WWII version

the battleships,

tier 3 Regina Elena the pre-dreadnought

tier 4 Dante Alighieri the dreadnought

tier 5 Conte di Cavour the dreadnought(slightly weakened version as slower reload, thiner armour)

tier 6 Andrea Doria the dreadnought(slightly improved version as longer fire range, higher speed)

tier 7 Francesco Caracciolo the super-dreadnought(blueprint ship please, just like what to do with Amagi)

tier 8 Vittorio Veneto the modern fast battleship

tier 9 Roma/Impero the modern fast battleship(slightliy improved version as stronger AA batteries and stronger armour)

tier 10 is free to design like Zao

and Italian Navy have also some destroyers and aircraft carriers to deploy, as tier 4 modified Giuseppe Miraglia class Seaplane Tender(just remove its bridge please), tier 6 Sparviero(maybe a larger, stronger ship but carrying fewer aircrafts), tier 8 Aquila(just buff its carrying capacity to 60+ please, its other performances are good enough). And some destroyers but now I'm not sure how to place them with correct rank.

By the way, as an exist version of Khabarovsk, the Capitani Romani class must be the Italian tier 10 destroyer:)

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Duca D'Aosta is already pegged at t6. Putting Zara and Trento before it makes no sense, both based off the Duca D'Aosta, as well as the capabilities of those two ships.

Trento can be pegged at t7, with Zara at t8, modified Bolzano at t9. Condottieri subtypes could easily fill out t4 to 6, probably, unless more variety is wanted.

9 posts
3,126 battles

Duca D'Aosta is already pegged at t6. Putting Zara and Trento before it makes no sense, both based off the Duca D'Aosta, as well as the capabilities of those two ships.

Trento can be pegged at t7, with Zara at t8, modified Bolzano at t9. Condottieri subtypes could easily fill out t4 to 6, probably, unless more variety is wanted.

who told you that? Trento is a later-20s design and the light cruiser design in the same time is Alberto da Giussano, and even Zara is completed before Raimondo Montecuccoli. Duca d'Aosta is a mid-1930s advanced light cruiser just like IJN Mogami, or the VMF Shchors. Its performance is at the same level of tier 7 Russian cruiser, I don't think this make non sense.

1928's Trento is just like VMF Kirov, with the speed a bit higher but less firepower, they all have weak armour about 50-70mm.

Completed in 1930 Zara is a good ship with its well-protected hull but its firepower was never improved, and its speed was decreased, so it could be a tier 6 or tier 7 cruiser just as a protect-focus treaty ship.

As Regia Marina have no new design after 1943 Italian tech tree couldn't get cruisers above tier 9, unless WG add the Polaris Garibaldi into game. I think no one want to see a NUKE explode in the middle of map.

Edited by ScoiattoloSovietico

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

who told you that? Trento is a later-20s design and the light cruiser design in the same time is Alberto da Giussano, and even Zara is completed before Raimondo Montecuccoli. Duca d'Aosta is a mid-1930s advanced light cruiser just like IJN Mogami, or the VMF Shchors. Its performance is at the same level of tier 7 Russian cruiser, I don't think this make non sense.

1928's Trento is just like VMF Kirov, with the speed a bit higher but less firepower, they all have weak armour about 50-70mm.

Completed in 1930 Zara is a good ship with its well-protected hull but its firepower was never improved, and its speed was decreased, so it could be a tier 6 or tier 7 cruiser just as a protect-focus treaty ship.

As Regia Marina have no new design after 1943 Italian tech tree couldn't get cruisers above tier 9, unless WG add the Polaris Garibaldi into game. I think no one want to see a NUKE explode in the middle of map.

Ah, haven't been reading the Facebook page, have you?

And for a mixed CL/CA line, date launched isn't really a good indicator as to where a ship goes. We've got Cleveland leading to Pensacola on the USN line, after all. Not to mention devs don't really want the gun calibres to go down when going up a tier as much as possible - Kirov was basically an exception.

9 posts
3,126 battles

Ah, haven't been reading the Facebook page, have you?

And for a mixed CL/CA line, date launched isn't really a good indicator as to where a ship goes. We've got Cleveland leading to Pensacola on the USN line, after all. Not to mention devs don't really want the gun calibres to go down when going up a tier as much as possible - Kirov was basically an exception.

no no no I mean which one told you Zara and Trento were based off Duca d'Aosta.

of course Zara could be tier 7 but that means it must be buffed with something.

Sign in to follow this