Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Antibody_Ang

Nerf radar for lower tier cruisers?

19 comments in this topic

1 post
2,267 battles

Radar on T7 cruisers are honestly ridiculous. Yes I am salty but it's hard to combat then in T5 US DDs. Maybe the radars can become 'laggy'? Like 1 frame after a few secs.

Moved from off-topic.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

And we already have an angry WG customer...

And by lower tier which tier are you talking about... and can we be more specific about the sheep we're talking about...

[BRU]
279 posts
2,112 battles

And we already have an angry WG customer...

And by lower tier which tier are you talking about... and can we be more specific about the sheep we're talking about...

Radar on T7 cruisers are honestly ridiculous.

Probably the Belfast, Indy and Atlanta.

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,454 battles

If u are complaining about T7 radar, try getting radar-ed by Des Moines for a FULL MINUTE duration while u r in a Gearing contesting cap :hiding:

1,140 posts

as a DD, if you see radar ship coming to cap area you try to compete... give up and get out,

there's no mean to counter radar except stay at range.

Edited by PGM991

112 posts
5,463 battles

Having lower tier radar effective (proportionately) as that found at higher tiers teaches new players to follow the main rules of high tier DD play which they will use later.

1. Know which ships have radar and have a rough idea of duration and range

2. Have an exit strategy in place in case radar is popped (ie dont just sit in smoke like a bot). Be near cover and escape routs

3. Always assume radar has been used. Don't ever assume it's on cooldown and go for a kill. 

Removing this fundamental aspect of playing in a game with radar would be damaging to higher tier survival in the long run, leading to the already stupendous (and growing it seems) infestation of higher tiers with people who seem to have no clue about what it is they are facing. 

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I do understand frustration since i been through all this in Ranked Battle and even b4 that.

But so far there a many way to counter Radar (which i kinda lazy to type)  most effective way i found is not getting into situation that Radar going to be effective to you.

Such as staying around the radar range (such as 8.5km with T7 Cruiser) so i can easily get out of range or expected to get Radar when im capping and always ready to pull out with speed boost as fast as i can,

And as u should know WG barely nerf Premium ships so asking nerf on such ships not likely to be happens :D:D:D

Super Tester
316 posts
3,400 battles

Well, you see, if you see something that has radar in a DD you do one simple thing:

Pack your ship and leave to go somewhere its not

TAA DAAAA you have just avoided radar

1,079 posts
3,888 battles

I came in here  thinking 'what low tier radar',no low tiers get it!

Pretty sure T7 is start of high tier?

1,110 posts
7,850 battles

I guess T8 is the beginning of high tier due to the concealment module

it bassed on matchmaking bracket

8-9-10 is usual high tier matchmaking afterall

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,597 battles

To be fair, having radar for T7 cruisers are a little bit ridicluous

It's not really an issue when atlanta and Indianapolis had it

But when a T8 cruiser downgraded to T7 having a radar and a SMOKE, that is more than ridiculous

those who played ranked battle will know how hard to counter these meta

but for newbies just getting into T5 will find these harder to counter than you veterans guys

In current MM even veterans find T5 unattractive and hard to play

I hope will consider these factors in ensuring this game continue to be attractive to newcomeplay

So WG should just STOP selling the belfast entirely and make her part of those OP ships only can get in SC!! :trollface:

Edited by blacknoheart

Sign in to follow this