You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RisaFujiyama

What WG Action's That Would Make You Upset or Quit WoWs?

70 comments in this topic

1,162 posts

I reading this, it got me thinking, with this WoWs Developers Team will be given a lot of freedom to improve (or destroy) the game. But I have a question for you guys.

What is WG's action (in the future) would make you upset with WoWs? As for myself, currently I have none. The ability to play this game for free itself a huuuggeeee... plus. Well, I dont mind with anything, because firstly I am suck at everything in my life. Secondly, I dont have life to begin with.:tea_cap:

I seen some people saying they will quit WoWs if WG introduce "Premium Rounds". What's yours? Or do you have? Or you will play it until the hells freezes over?

PS: Thanks to everyone who pays a craptonne for premium sheeps,time,money so that I can play it for free. Love ya!

753 posts
8,965 battles

IJN DD nerf was almost a game breaker for me, after spending so much time developing them and their commanders it was a kick in the teeth for me.

This coupled with the nerf to US CL/CA's in armour and the lowering of the AFT caliber some time before, again after spending a lot of time in developing them.

Now I hardly play those lines any more or the game as much for a matter of fact, I use to play multitudes of games everyday yet now I'll play about 5 or 6.

It's just not worth the time and effort when WG can instantly nerf something that engrosses you to the game. 

PS. Now we have cruisers with smoke and heals and BB's with torps. They say ship types are to play certain roles yet now some can do multiple roles. 

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I left before because of USN CVs nerf. You can easily look at USN CV and declare that there is definitely is Anti-USN Bias within War Gaming.

I came back because, I was burnt out over other games 

Edited by silenthunter19944

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,303 battles

IJN small bote:
The heavy nerfs on IJN DD pretty much forces me to move into the other lines. Will I play them again? I dun know, the last time i drove an IJN DD is Shinonome, one game detonated, the other game is just moving around, trying your luck in hoping your torpedoes score a hit. Kinda makes u wonder how did u even grind out a Shimakaze in the first place (I did not utilize the full 20KM old glorious Shimakaze torps as I unlocked her one ****king day before the big Shima nerf, I'm still pretty upset about it tbh) 

Radio Location:

Yea, the big debate that has cooled off a few weeks later once it hits live server however, I'm still on the side of this skill shouldn't even be there at all. A strong division with good DD will just bulldoze other ppl that is trying to contest cap or flank, etc.

CV's:
I'm still waiting for the rework but WG being well... WG, I dun really have high hopes on it unless they can come up with something really, really good that might bring me back to complete my IJN CV line. USN CV wise, I'm still not a fan of 6-7 planes in small amount of squadrons. I prefer it for USN CV to have the same amount of planes per squadron (with more squadrons to micro) but slightly tankier or slower planes than her IJN counterpart, left is completely dependant on the player on how to micro their planes properly. 

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

IJN DD nerf was almost a game breaker for me, after spending so much time developing them and their commanders it was a kick in the teeth for me.

This^

And the Graf Spee missions as well. Felt like I was compelled to play.

Then along came the captain reskilling. That was straw that broke the camel's back.

Haven't had a battle for a few months now.

Idk why, but I still read the forums.

Prob for the lulz. :trollface:

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,110 battles

Everyone's view is going to be subjective with this topic.   Personally I cant see anything they do that would make me quit.     I quit WOT because of personal reasons and I felt I was hindering my teams.   I came to WOWS with a realistic view that I play because I want to play and not because I have to,  hence why I can play one or two games a week or play a lot more games if feel a need to do so.   I don't lose sleep over specials.  I don't worry about "balance" or MM, or spending money or grinding lines (or anything about the game) but try to look at the game from an objective point of view and how it can be improved.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I'll quit some day or another if they continue being complacent just because no other gaming studio or franchise can compete with them.

I was there when War Thunder rolled in big time and stomped WoWP into the ground.

I was there, in WoWP's alpha test, watching WG being all high and mighty, completely screwing up core game mechanics

just to "be different" from War Thunder, not realising that they destroyed every ounce of playability.

I was also there when Gaijin screwed up War Thunder's economy for the first time, feeling all smug about having beaten Wargaming's flight sim.

And I was there when Gaijin, just like Wargaming fell nose first on the ground because greediness and complacency never go well with each other.

Ignorance in this case isn't bliss.

It's the first and last step game developers (especially for f2p titles) make.

Will that make me quit the game entirely?

Well, unless the plug is pulled, one never stops playing a f2p game.

They usually return somewhere or some place, on a website, on youtube or in one's e-mail box with some

big neon letters stating something along the lines of: "Big Remake! Come Back And See The Changes!"

To this date I occasionally peak into WoT, WT, AW, WoWP, Dreadnought and several other games

I used to play once upon a time but then got bored of the feature creep, dumbing down (Hi, World of Warcraft) or other things.

If WoWS goes down the drain I'll come back to it occasionally, play a few rounds, shake my head and leave again.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

That'll be hard for me. Though I quit WoT simply because of the entrenched camping game play and as a light, medium and tank destroyer, Infeel impotent.

Lets not forget the cowardly heavies that took up the role of artillery and pushing everyone else to do their job. Incorrigible __ heads.

[AE]
199 posts
9,466 battles

If they start implementing a whole lot of silly stuff like they did in WoT, then I suppose this game will also see me walk (No I don't think I am the be all and end all - all to often the response is "Well go then, don't need whingers anyway" - unfortunately the problem with that is player walk, and those playing on see a dwindling game server). Well the major reasons I quit WoT were:

1) Well I quit WoT when they implemented the new-player filter that was supposed to stop players with more than 2500 games seeing people with less, in combat. It was one of many poorly thought out ideas that went on to have a probably unexpected consequence. Regardless of what they intended the reality for me was that I the clan commander, couldn't platoon up with new clan members without dragging them into MM they had never seen before. I don't mean the fail-plat, ie. platoon mates with tanks of different tiers. What the new-player filter did in practice was ensured that a lot of newer players, who were naturally playing maybe a tier lower than me were taken out of the MM equation. So I would consistently see tanks two tiers higher. I did my own stats on it and it was conclusive. In a fair spread of games with a +/-2 tier spread your 4 games should feature 1 at lowest tier, 2 at mid, and 1 as boss tier. Prior to the filter coming in, it was probably 1 highest tier in every 6-8 games. After that, I was lucky to see one high tier game every 12 or so. Now basic maths told me that I was being screwed over. Not only that, clan mates with fewer games stopped playing with me because they started seeing tanks they rarely saw.

2) The widespread introduction of premium rounds (so most mediums were able to negate a heavies armour frontally). I don't mind a medium circle-of-deathing me to get to my weaker side - after all I was good enough to not let them get that close too often, but being penned with most shells frontally by a medium firing twice as fast as you negates heavies.

3) Ditching scrub and trees to make the game less campy and more brawly. Sorry gang, but that took all the smarts out of the game. Add autoloaders and another reason why non-autoloader heavies and TDs need not play. A longer, tense, knife edge battle will get me hooked every time. The result, possibly an intended one, was the 3 minute slaughter that occurs in the majority of games I played in the last year or so I played. Seriously who is satisfied with 3 minutes? hmmmm?

4) The constant nerf-buff cycle that occurred every time they introduced a new line of tanks. SOP was to introduce a line with a super-powerful tier X at the end. Remember the Waffletrager? Or the tier X Czech medium autoloader? And now, and I haven't seen it in action, but the new Swedish tier X with insanely thick, insanely sloped, frontal turret armour, which also features great gun depression? Basically, (second hand info) - It just goes hull down and cant be penned. Well that's balanced.

5) The nerfing of good vehicles because others didn't like what it did to their tank.... WG would listen to their whining, and nerf your tank. Not a premium, something that only PTW got you, but a standard tank they could grind to. So let me get this right, I play a VK3601 or KV1S, or Su26, and they are beasts. They slaughter your Sherman, whatever. Rather than you getting one too, you whinge until they screw something that I ground out? Seriously? Now WG always stated "Hey, the new blurb you agree to each time there is a patch covers us here". BUT that does not address the fact that people felt robbed. Do that enough times and that's it.

So for me the big ones will be:

1) Constantly nerfing good ships. Sure you can argue that they affect game balance, but in the end, knowing which ships are good and which are dogs, is part of being a good player.

2) Introducing premium rounds. Allowing any ship within 2 tiers the ability to pen any others whilst using AP will negate certain lines.

3) Introducing punitive measures against long term players to cater to the "its too hard when youre starting out to face long term players" crowd. Its garbage. When I started playing tanks it was a 4 tier spread. I did not mind at all some tier 7 owning my tier 3. It was simply rational that that would happen. It prompted me to WANT that tier 7. If someone was playing in an obviously OP tank, I took note, and got one. If someone sat in bushes and killed everyone else, I took note, and started sitting in bushes. Get it? New players vs new players means they learn nothing, and get to tier 5+ where it starts getting competitive, and don't know how to play.

4) If they don't do something about the +/- 2 tier spread from tier 5 onwards. Sorry but "wait times will be too much" doesn't cut it. People will walk if you continue down that track. +/- 1 tier only please. Notice most of the challenges are for ships tier 5 and up now? That's to encourage people to play tiers that find them at an obvious disadvantage. If you have to stick with a two tier spread introduce a non-random MM tiering system ie. out of every set of games of a given number, 9, 18, 30, whatever, MAKE MM give you a guaranteed 1 low, 1 med, 1 high spread. (randomly distributed so you cant play a specific ship expecting the next to be low tiered). Don't say it cant be done - WG itself stated they were going to introduce a "if you have 4 bad games in a row the 5 will be good" system. (No idea if that ever eventuated).

5) If the PVE is pulled. Or filtered - ie. recently someone suggested a solution to the low numbers of people playing tier 5 and up (because of the spread issues) was to simply make PVP unavailable to anyone with more than a certain number of games. Many of my friends ONLY play PVE.

Sorry about the weighty tome, but my experiences of seeing my favourite game (WoT - 27k battles) go down the toilet make me want to fight for this one.

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,623 battles

Lots of IJN DDs nerfs makes me upset cuz that was the first line i went down ever since CBT....:(

if WG keep nerf IJN DDs and over buff RU DDs, then they shall lose all JP players

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

if WG keep nerf IJN DDs and over buff RU DDs, then they shall lose all JP players

On a side note, Japanese players are mostly super unicums and they dont like to play IJN DDs (the ones I have met so far). So may be they don't really care to the point that they're gonna stop playing for this.

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,623 battles

On a side note, Japanese players are mostly super unicums and they dont like to play IJN DDs (the ones I have met so far). So may be they don't really care to the point that they're gonna stop playing for this.

really, so this game is hopeless

Super Tester
316 posts
3,400 battles

I will probably play until the fun factor dries up, which its on its way there tbh

Edited by daTungsten

312 posts
10,043 battles

More OP premium ships

The debut of belfast has disappointed me most.

Advantages: HE shell, T8 upgrade slot, radar

Disvantages: No torpedoes, no healing

WG said she is balanced, what i heard is

"We admit we are brainless, so what? What can you do?"

Sell 2 more OP premium ships, I definitely quit this game !!

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,623 battles

if they turn this game to dark side and I shall return to Star wars and truly Shogun style to play

F**king buff VMF DDs and paper CA Moscau

Edited by MatterCore

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,623 battles

More OP premium ships

that is [redacted] break the game

Profanity. Post edited, user warned.

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

563 posts
4,686 battles

More OP premium ships

This.

We already have 7 OP premiums.

3 borderline OP premiums.

Thats enough pay to win stuff in a game. 1 more and I've had enough.

1,125 posts

what make me UPSET the most?

They 'LIE' about encourage IJNDD player to play more aggressively

Everything they put in is more and more put IJNDD to play far away.

If they really encourage IJNDD to play more aggressive, they wouldn't implement radar to begin with.

since F3 torp is well within radar range, and got spot at that distance is 100% dead (tier 8-10 CA gun is no joke, WASD hack won't help at all)

and for gunboat to have 'same' conceal as torpedo boat is 'UNFAIR' since one side can gunfight other can't.

they have plane to worry about,

they have gunboat to worry about,

they have other IJNDD to worry about, 

they have radar to worry about,

they have RDF to worry about.

what next?

with all those stupid they do to IJNDD, I won't give them a single baht. (Thailand currency)

Edited by PGM991

435 posts
6,169 battles

Already have! Play just one Sunday afternoon last month and just 1 or 2 games this month.

RL killed my focus, even though I disagree with it, it’s still a must have and I’ve mounted it on USN DDs to be an effective hunter killer but for IJN DDs and all other stealth ships and stealth tactics, its extremely unfair.

The game should maintain the illusion of realisms at all cost and blur the arcade as much as possible. RL is an arcade aspect and WG don’t get it or they don’t want to get it, maybe they think there’s more profit in emphasizing arcade trends.

Nevertheless I’m sitting on 3 T9 ships, Fletcher, Baltimore and the Roon and I would like to finish their lines, so the game isn't completely over yet.

Edited by BuckleUpBones