You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
InversoSk3lo

Balance is Wack

33 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
9 posts
1,750 battles

Just a few observations, I'll try and contain my fury and keep it civilized.

1 - Every ship may as well have smoke, it is becoming so ridiculously overused the battlefield is constantly littered with smoke bursts. No to mention if you have carriers to spot targets and your playing a BB. You can be certain your not having a good game.

2 - Why are American BB's still so inaccurate!? They have the worst caliber, range (to an extent) and dispersion especially or more specifically at the higher tiers. Someone wanna explain how they are supposed to be balanced. Especially considering their powerful AA is now redundant with the new Soviet DD's and no doubt the French Cruisers are going to play a part in making them even more useless. With that said though it almost seems BB's in general are obsolete and I'm struggling to understand where they fit in, that isn't just an Xp and Credit farming method.

*Edit - American BB's also have the worst armor, they're not equipped with the turtle back or massive slabs of belt armor like the German or Japanese BB's which just seems to increase the detriment to American BB game play. Especially considering the German and Japanese BB's get these higher caliber guns which just overmatch American armor anyway.

I'm sure I will find of more in time, but if anyone else has any observations of their own I'd be interested to read about it.

Cheers.

Edited by InversoSk3lo

455 posts
8,038 battles

1. Yeah I hate the smoke meta especially in ranked. But radar meta>smoke meta

2. You wot m8? USN BBs inaccurate? All BBs obsolete. Only problem with BBs is we don't have a broadside meta. Otherwise they're fine. In the two OM VS TTT matches we saw how bb advantage trumped dd advantage. They're fine. Although I wouldn't mind Smoke+radar on Yamato

Beta Tester
9 posts
1,750 battles

1. Yeah I hate the smoke meta especially in ranked. But radar meta>smoke meta

2. You wot m8? USN BBs inaccurate? All BBs obsolete. Only problem with BBs is we don't have a broadside meta. Otherwise they're fine. In the two OM VS TTT matches we saw how bb advantage trumped dd advantage. They're fine. Although I wouldn't mind Smoke+radar on Yamato

Perhaps I should of specified a Random Battle environment rather then a communicated Ranked or Team Battle Based environment.

1,126 posts

I very absolutely agree that currently, game have TOO MUCH smoke

once I play kongo heading one side of map, I only saw if briefly but there's enemy FIJI, belfast, 2 USDD 1 IJNDD

weather forecast :  heavy fog anticipated... 

screw it, I'm not going there =w=

Super Tester
802 posts

You wot m8? USN BBs inaccurate? All BBs obsolete. Only problem with BBs is we don't have a broadside meta. Otherwise they're fine. In the two OM VS TTT matches we saw how bb advantage trumped dd advantage. They're fine. Although I wouldn't mind Smoke+radar on Yamato

I think the problem is OP is trying to play a broadside 80% of the time. This simply doesn't work for US BBs at all. All about dat angling and WASD. US BBs have awesome concealment so stack CE with Concealment mod to shoot and then disappear.

1 - Every ship may as well have smoke, it is becoming so ridiculously overused the battlefield is constantly littered with smoke bursts. No to mention if you have carriers to spot targets and your playing a BB. You can be certain your not having a good game.

Seeing as we're talking about high tier games (you are talking about differences in shell calibre which only truly diverges at tier 9 anyway) smoked DDs are easily counted by sonar for ships close enough* and radar. Failing that if you have torpedoes just dump them into smoke.
Edited by Counterflak

411 posts
6,164 battles

2 - Why are American BB's still so inaccurate!? They have the worst caliber, range (to an extent) and dispersion especially or more specifically at the higher tiers. Someone wanna explain how they are supposed to be balanced.

Wait, WAT ? US BBs inaccurate ?:facepalm: Don't know where u getting that from... I haven't played Iowa or Montana but I have NC and that's the most accurate BB I've played so far:great:

307 posts
6,413 battles

2 - Why are American BB's still so inaccurate!? They have the worst caliber, range (to an extent) and dispersion especially or more specifically at the higher tiers. Someone wanna explain how they are supposed to be balanced. Especially considering their powerful AA is now redundant with the new Soviet DD's and no doubt the French Cruisers are going to play a part in making them even more useless. With that said though it almost seems BB's in general are obsolete and I'm struggling to understand where they fit in, that isn't just an Xp and Credit farming method.

*Edit - American BB's also have the worst armor, they're not equipped with the turtle back or massive slabs of belt armor like the German or Japanese BB's which just seems to increase the detriment to American BB game play. Especially considering the German and Japanese BB's get these higher caliber guns which just overmatch American armor anyway.

I'm sure I will find of more in time, but if anyone else has any observations of their own I'd be interested to read about it.

Cheers.

While i can understand your frustration, i see that you play nearly 70% of the time in Battleships.... i hate them myself.... they are boring and slow to move around .... i hate sitting at the back of the pack ..... Firing a million miles away.... get in close and you get smashed by torps.    So all the BB sit back and fire miles and miles away.   If you want to get in closer change ships.... BB's are not supposed to dive into a close battle full of smoke and light cruisers and destroyers .... thats like putting your hand in a bees nest and expecting to kill all the bees?

I play CL's alot in the higher tiers .... Battleships see you and one SHOT and your blown up if you show your broadside, had it happen.... I do not blame the BB who i was 17kms away ..... i just go oh well he got his lucky shot and i am dead.   I do not see any reason why Battleships should be able to see every ship on the map .... then pick and choose who to kill with massive guns it means no one will play these ships and all will play BB's instead.... wow what a boring game that would be .... all these ships firing 17kms away.    Terms of US BB's being weak shooters .... get CLOSER the dispersion changes.   PS: you know the reason why there is so much smoke .... cause all the popular CL and DD's are played cause they think they can smoke up and fire.   Not every ship has smoke .... its just a way for survival these days.

Edited by Burnt_Out_Koalas

295 posts
6,613 battles

USN BB inacurate in high tiers? How can you get into that conclusion though, used to yes, but not anymore, now high tier USN bb might be the most accurate BB curently in the game

218 posts
3,790 battles

Wait, WAT ? US BBs inaccurate ?:facepalm: Don't know where u getting that from... I haven't played Iowa or Montana but I have NC and that's the most accurate BB I've played so far:great:

True that. I finally got myself a NC about an hour ago. Play my first battle and i was amazed at how tight the shell grouping is. It's almost comparable to a cruiser's gun. With 6 rifles in front, there's not much need for a broadside.

[KGHSF]
3,205 posts
6,043 battles

Worst like German BB 

I play biscuit with suck shooting i can't even citadel to the broadside CA:facepalm:

then how about Iowa and Montana with increase accurate upgrade? 

295 posts
6,613 battles

True that. I finally got myself a NC about an hour ago. Play my first battle and i was amazed at how tight the shell grouping is. It's almost comparable to a cruiser's gun. With 6 rifles in front, there's not much need for a broadside.

and then there is iowa with -11% dispersion mod, and montana is even better with 3 more guns

411 posts
6,164 battles

and then there is iowa with -11% dispersion mod, and montana is even better with 3 more guns

US BBs are actually pretty decent if played well. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't understand it.....:sceptic:

411 posts
6,164 battles

While i can understand your frustration, i see that you play nearly 70% of the time in Battleships.... i hate them myself.... they are boring and slow to move around .... i hate sitting at the back of the pack ..... Firing a million miles away.... get in close and you get smashed by torps.    So all the BB sit back and fire miles and miles away. 

That's not how you play a BB :facepalm:

1,386 posts
8,232 battles

Cheers.

Stopped reading as soon as I saw this.

71 posts
9,769 battles

can u please elaborate ? 

cuz max. dispersion : Missouri > F. grobe > izumo (294 > 247 > 226 )

435 posts
6,169 battles

Another anti-smoke thread but hidden amongst stuff.

6 months ago DDs smoke was precious, I save it for myself and right to the end of the game but now I will drop it for anyone who needs it because soon or later some else will smoke me up, even playing other ship classes, players will smoke each other.

Unintentionally (assuming its unintentional) all this extra smoke has improve teamwork, a little bit.

Edited by BuckleUpBones

520 posts
11,127 battles

In my opinion.... i think SMOKE is a Good idea.  In WW2, smoke was utilized heavily to conceal retreating ships.
-  It conceals but it also tells everyone that there may be someone hiding inside.
-  It makes Radar/Sonar more valuable as a tool, and DDs can do more then just OPEN SPOT/CAP/TORP.  Surveillance and Recon is very important

-  It promotes more teamwork to FLUSH out what ever is hiding inside.

American BBS are NOT inaccurate. lol

980 posts
12,617 battles

2 - Why are American BB's still so inaccurate!? They have the worst caliber, range (to an extent) and dispersion especially or more specifically at the higher tiers. 

PLEASE actually play the game before you post. 

1. Grab your Chapayev/New Orleans, and flush them out of the smoke. 

2. Inaccurate right? Grab your Chapayev/New Orleans and sail broadside to one of them. I dare you.

*content removed*

Slandering other users.

~Chappo

Edited by Chappo

892 posts
7,853 battles

Another anti-smoke thread but hidden amongst stuff.

6 months ago DDs smoke was precious, I save it for myself and right to the end of the game but now I will drop it for anyone who needs it because soon or later some else will smoke me up, even playing other ship classes, players will smoke each other.

Unintentionally (assuming its unintentional) all this extra smoke has improve teamwork, a little bit.

​Agreed. In a DD, my first smoke is more often than not, for myself in a domination map, when capping. Thereafter, smoke is used to cover my team mates. This greatly enhance teamwork when other DD do the same

218 posts
3,790 battles

There's a downside though, to the NC high accuracy. Before, I don't really need to aim very accurately since the wider spread of the shell mean's even if my aim is off by several hundred meters, there's still a high chance that at least one of the shell will hit. With NC, you need to aim very accurately, or simply ripple fire.

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Cheers.

1. Well just play to the meta mate.  Coordinate smoke with your team, or simply play smoke ships and use it to your team's advantage.  Smoke is a double edged sword.  Many people don't actually know how to use it well.

2. They are not, no, and no. 

3. Just play the game more

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,306 battles

On serious note, just play more games. The amount of games you've played is not even close to enough compared to some of the players here 

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

On serious note, just play more games. The amount of games you've played is not even close to enough compared to some of the players here 

but he is a beta tester, that mean he more experience thaan other normal player.........

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,306 battles

but he is a beta tester, that mean he more experience thaan other normal player.........

Beta tester or not, meta shifts from time to time.  Smokes however, they had it's own risks. U either catch ppl wif their pants down or the other way round dependant on how u position urselves. Lump of smokes are basically torpedo, radar, sonar magnets.

No comments on USN BB's however as I've only played IJN's and abit of KM.  U will get rekt if u show broadside to them. 

411 posts
6,164 battles

can u please elaborate ? 

cuz max. dispersion : Missouri > F. grobe > izumo (294 > 247 > 226 )

That's horizontal dispersion value or simply, general dispersion value... I was indicating Sigma value which relates to shell grouping(bigger sigma=more shell towards the centre) NC has second best sigma, which is 2. KM ships have bad sigma(spray and pray :D) forgot Izumo's and Monty's... there was a thread on this topic if you're interested, just google :)